ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

I was watching the highlights of the Hendersonville / Patton game on YouTube this morning. Hendersonville went for 2 after every score, do they not have a kicker or do they usually go for 2?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’ve been reading- and thinking all week. I’ve said very little about this game. Nobody can predict who will win. I agree with the above poster that our offense at times has been frustrating to watch but the following things I do feel confident about saying. 1- Our defense will score some points. 2- Our defense will come up with some important stops. 3- Burns historically always thrives in this type of game. Hendersonville will be somewhat taken back some during this game, not the coaching staff but the team will be. They are probably fairly confident going in and that will present a challenge for them. 4- This is a gut check for our O- and I believe they will step up. 5- When we “smell” some success- we will only play better. Go do what you do Dogs! 6- Km, Shelby, Crest not even Watagua blew us away- Neither did Salisbury in the spring. We are hungry!
Taken back why?

PS I ain’t rich but if I was no dog would go without.
Well said on both post!! I’ve told my wife many times if I hit the lotto our facilities (which are already very nice) would be top notch! No doubt we all have passion for our teams. I’m excited about this game but to give Hendersonville respect a lot of my excitement is because of it wasn’t for EG and Shelby games the competition in conference was awful to watch. Tonight we are all lucky on both sides to watch two teams go to war.

Looking forward to heading up the mountain here in a few. Will the the 1st time I've ever been to a game at Hendersonville. This isn't an unfamiliar situation for Burns and they know what they need to do to win tonight. It'll be a great game but Burns wins.

Bulldogs 38
Bearcats 34

It’s been a good week. I am praying that both teams stay healthy. No jab to Hendersonville, but I just see these tough games that we have faught through benefiting us tonight. I don’t know that Hendersonville has seen a D that can get after it like ours, other then Daniel. If we put up 21 we win. It’s gut check time! Bulldogs- 40 Bearcats- 21

Reactions: notanyonesfan
It’s been a good week. I am praying that both teams stay healthy. No jab to Hendersonville, but I just see these tough games that we have faught through benefiting us tonight. I don’t know that Hendersonville has seen a D that can get after it like ours, other then Daniel. If we put up 21 we win. It’s gut check time! Bulldogs- 40 Bearcats- 21
Had 10 on field. Ran a kid on and they call illegal substitution on a punt?? First down for Hendersonville??

This is getting out of hand. Pass interference called from a ref 30 down field but the ref on the coverage signals no penalty. This is awful!
I think they called taunting on that one actually which was stupid because the dude was literally running away from the play.

How did Gosnell play? The kids been impressive all year??
Has a hell of an arm but panicked under pressure some tonight. Threw the ball to us multiple times but we didn’t catch it. #1 and #5 are extremely athletic and he goes their way and I don’t blame him.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Has a hell of an arm but panicked under pressure some tonight. Threw the ball to us multiple times but we didn’t catch it. #1 and #5 are extremely athletic and he goes their way and I don’t blame him.
#7 did the damage. He ran the kick back and toasted the burns db on the long td...made the same db grab him on the DPI call and beat another db but the ball hit the db in the head on our sideline right in front of where I was. Gavin doesn't panic. In the 20 plus games he has played as a bearcat, he hasn't panicked at all lol. That's just football...not panic.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
#7 did the damage. He ran the kick back and toasted the burns db on the long td...made the same db grab him on the DPI call and beat another db but the ball hit the db in the head on our sideline right in front of where I was. Gavin doesn't panic. In the 20 plus games he has played as a bearcat, he hasn't panicked at all lol. That's just football...not panic.

I'm surprised gosnell has no offers

I wanna know how the side judge ref of the opposite sidelines calls a 12 man penalty.
The back judge and the line judge count the defense on every play.

The referee and the umpire count the offense on every play.

Which sideline has nothing to do with it.

This is getting out of hand. Pass interference called from a ref 30 down field but the ref on the coverage signals no penalty. This is awful!
The closest official isn't responsible for the call. The lineman, line judge and back judge each have a key on every pass play. If the LJ has the WR and the BJ has the TE, the WR-DB matchup belongs to the LJ no matter where they go.

Most players who have breakout years 11th and 12th , and wasn't high profile in 9-10 grades may not get the attention until late in year, like in the next month.
Grades are another thing too..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT