ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

No shade to the Burns team at all. Very talented team,, but I have a few questions. It's apparent that we haven't played eachother much at all because yall don't understand the trouble that Hendo historically has with refs. So, you guys are upset about the officiating but do you guys not think that your team and coaches were a bit to blame for imploding? So many unsportsmanlike penalties. It was all stuff after the whistle. That's just discipline and composure. You guys were dead set on your defense being the end all be all, did yall think we didn't have a defense as well? Lastly, we forced 5 or 6 turnovers, did that not play a part in the outcome of the game?

• Love
Reactions: SPRaiders78
To be honest I’d have been imploding too. It’s an embarrassment to the sport that in the second round of the playoffs you have refs making calls that shouldn’t be, you have to get together and have 5-7 minutes meatiness about what to call and so on and so forth. There was a couple that we 100% deserved. But several of them were BS and the white hat knew it that’s why he was never man enough to come over and talk to the HC. Burns did not play well enough to win, period. Have absolutely no idea why we run a 2 TE set when we haven’t ran that much all year. We have two WR lined up and y’all had 3-4 DB’s in coverage. As I said earlier in the thread the only adjusting you’d see our OC do would be his hat on his head. QB played his worst game of the year by far and the RB went down. That’s not a recipe to have any success in the playoffs much less against a talented team.

To be honest I’d have been imploding too. It’s an embarrassment to the sport that in the second round of the playoffs you have refs making calls that shouldn’t be, you have to get together and have 5-7 minutes meatiness about what to call and so on and so forth. There was a couple that we 100% deserved. But several of them were BS and the white hat knew it that’s why he was never man enough to come over and talk to the HC. Burns did not play well enough to win, period. Have absolutely no idea why we run a 2 TE set when we haven’t ran that much all year. We have two WR lined up and y’all had 3-4 DB’s in coverage. As I said earlier in the thread the only adjusting you’d see our OC do would be his hat on his head. QB played his worst game of the year by far and the RB went down. That’s not a recipe to have any success in the playoffs much less against a talented team.
Imploding does nothing but get you off your game. You can't win like that. Majority of your penalties were AFTER the play was done. That hurts your team. As far as what they ran, if they haven't ran that all year, that wasn't smart.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
The game was closer than the score, It looked like all Hendo's drives were sustained by Burns penalties.

This was more like a 21-17 game than a 38-13 one. Burnd really did implode.

The game was closer than the score, It looked like all Hendo's drives were sustained by Burns penalties.

This was more like a 21-17 game than a 38-13 one. Burnd really did implode.
Burns is good.. I will definitely admit that.. but How do you magically wipe away 17 points for us and give yall 4 more???? That's not how it went. As far as penalties, that's discipline amd not Hendersonville's fault.... and I guess you forgot that they didn't try to score the last 2 or 3 possessions and they just ran the ball to eat the clock up.

Burns is good.. I will definitely admit that.. but How do you magically wipe away 17 points for us and give yall 4 more???? That's not how it went. As far as penalties, that's discipline amd not Hendersonville's fault.... and I guess you forgot that they didn't try to score the last 2 or 3 possessions and they just ran the ball to eat the clock up.
I can’t say one thing negative about Hendersonville as a team. Not one word. They are well coached and I mean very well coached. We were as critical with the unsportsmanlike penalties on the sideline as anyone. You can’t win like that. There were calls on 3rd and long multiple times that were just awful. The interference call on the int was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. With that said, we had plenty after the whistle that was just stupid and probably talking smack. Cannot do that and win. The problem I had was in play the refs seemed to take over and not let the kids play. Hell of an atmosphere and they ruined it for the kids in many ways.The sideline judge on Hendos side had the shortest leash I’ve ever seen. Incomplete pass, Burns player looks to our sideline and motions incomplete and they throw a flag for taunting. That was a 4th down play when we were down 16-7. Good luck to Hendo, you have a good team. With what Reidsville did to Chase last night it sounds like y’all have a big battle next week.

It looked like all Hendo's drives were sustained by Burns penalties.
Most of which were justified aside from maybe the call on the punt, which if I remember correctly didn’t even lead to points.

I watched the game from start to finish. Hendersonville was the better team at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Heck, you had 3 or 4 negative plays on the first drive alone but we’re saved by 2 prayer passes that were just thrown up and the DB misjudged. After that, it didn’t happen again. Burns had some decent offensive plays here and there but never could find rhythm or sustain it. I would argue that Hendersonville was the better defense last night too. After all that talk about the Burns D and your schedule, Hendersonville goes out and puts up more points in 4 qtrs on the Bulldogs than any other team, all year.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Oh and Bearcat fan, I broke the code of Hot Dog world and we went to Mona Lisa Italian. Bless the woman’s heart she was working her ass off with only 1 person helping but that food was on point!!!

I can’t say one thing negative about Hendersonville as a team. Not one word. They are well coached and I mean very well coached. We were as critical with the unsportsmanlike penalties on the sideline as anyone. You can’t win like that. There were calls on 3rd and long multiple times that were just awful. The interference call on the int was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. With that said, we had plenty after the whistle that was just stupid and probably talking smack. Cannot do that and win. The problem I had was in play the refs seemed to take over and not let the kids play. Hell of an atmosphere and they ruined it for the kids in many ways.The sideline judge on Hendos side had the shortest leash I’ve ever seen. Incomplete pass, Burns player looks to our sideline and motions incomplete and they throw a flag for taunting. That was a 4th down play when we were down 16-7. Good luck to Hendo, you have a good team. With what Reidsville did to Chase last night it sounds like y’all have a big battle next week.
I didn't see where a kid motioned to the crowd incomplete. What I will tell you is you could see the kid pulled the 30 yards down field on the DPI. He was beat. I'm not mad at him for it because sometimes you get away with that and he save a for sure TD. As far as Reidsville. Yea it's going to be a tough one. At this point though, they are all tough. You guys were a very good team though. I will say that. Hard nosed and tough.

Reactions: Bluedog17
Oh and Bearcat fan, I broke the code of Hot Dog world and we went to Mona Lisa Italian. Bless the woman’s heart she was working her ass off with only 1 person helping but that food was on point!!!
Wow I'm shocked lol. Although Monalisa's is great. The chicken Alfredo is amazing and the place is convenient to the stadium lol. Through all of the message board trash talk, good game and you guys were the real deal.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02

I'm not a Burns fan. I wasn't wiping away points just basing it on what I saw. Hendo executed well, but at the same time Burns defense condtained Hendersonville when Burns didn't have penalties. Most of Hendo's scores came off sustained drives due to penalties from undisciplined behavior. It wasn't like you wiped the field with them.

When Burns had you pinned at the end zone and got the huge pentalty(or 2) it allowed you to open up your play book and take advantage. Hendo has a well executed offense so of course they will score when given enough penalties.

To be fair it's a compliment to Hendo's execution. They make you pay for every penalty.

Last edited:
Great posts- good points by many, on point. I was very disappointed how the game was manipulated by the refs. I have been watching high school football all my life and there have been bad calls and bad refs throughout the years of course but last night was the very worst called game I have ever seen. They virtually killed the atmosphere, it was so very frustrating to watch, it was momentum killing, and benefited the Bearcats by far. Hendersonville has a good team but I wish I could have seen them play football without all the interventions and conferences to decide what what to call. So- was Hendersonville that much better than Burns? No. Do I think they would have won anyway in a clean called game? Probably- but they were pretty even with us overall. The score does not reflect it though. Good luck the rest of the way Cats. My memory of the game will be- that the refs demolished a potentially great game.

Reactions: Ooooner
Great posts- good points by many, on point. I was very disappointed how the game was manipulated by the refs. I have been watching high school football all my life and there have been bad calls and bad refs throughout the years of course but last night was the very worst called game I have ever seen. They virtually killed the atmosphere, it was so very frustrating to watch, it was momentum killing, and benefited the Bearcats by far. Hendersonville has a good team but I wish I could have seen them play football without all the interventions and conferences to decide what what to call. So- was Hendersonville that much better than Burns? No. Do I think they would have won anyway in a clean called game? Probably- but they were pretty even with us overall. The score does not reflect it though. Good luck the rest of the way Cats. My memory of the game will be- that the refs demolished a potentially great game.
I’m can’t overstate enough that I have no ill will toward the Hendo team or coaches, or school. The way the game was hijacked has nothing to do with the Cats.

Reactions: Ooooner
I'm not a Burns fan. I wasn't wiping away points just basing it on what I saw. Hendo executed well, but at the same time Burns defense condtained Hendersonville when Burns didn't have penalties. Most of Hendo's scores came off sustained drives due to penalties from undisciplined behavior. It wasn't like you wiped the field with them.

When Burns had you pinned at the end zone and got the huge pentalty(or 2) it allowed you to open up your play book and take advantage. Hendo has a well executed offense so of course they will score when given enough penalties.

To be fair it's a compliment to Hendo's execution. They make you pay for every penalty.
Ok but you still have to play and score after those penalties. They still had chances to make stops after that. Also our defense played great. Donforget to mention that.Held them to 13. That's a good night in the playoffs.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So your players and coaches can act a fool and it's ok? That was the majority of your penalties. Personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct. Wasn't like it was alot of penalties during the plays. I bet you 85% of your penalties were after the whistle. Take accountability. That's imploding at it's finest. Coaches included. You can see it clean from our stands. Adversity happens in football and life. You have to find a way to get it done. Your players and coaches apparently kept saying the wrong things to the refs. None of yall are mentioning that part.

The final score was 38 - 13 ? Is that correct? You lose by 25 and have the nerve to complain about the officials. I can’t believe the officials cost Burns 3 TD a field goal + a point. They may have been bad, but not 25 points bad. Burns lost to a better team.
It's not so much that it's the way the calls where made, call from officials that had absolutely no business making that call from 30 yards away a good 3 seconds after the play ended. It's all the calls when Hendersonville was in 3rd and a mile and flags magically appear during or in cases a second or two after the play. It's a taunting call of a kid that just st made a huge play who jumped up and ran AWAY FROM THE PLAY... It's the officials having to have 5 minute summit meetings after every flag to figure it out. It's all of that. I don't care win or lose, I don't care who would have been playing. That was the absolute worst officiating crew I have ever seen. They shouldn't have gotta past reffing little league games, much less 2nd round playoff games. They were a joke, period. All I'm gonna say

He made a play, got up and ran away from the play. I expect you were on the field to hear what the kid said as he trotted off.

As for five minute conferences, Would you not rather see the refs try to get get it right?

Im sure there were bad calls. There always are.

As far as refs making calls from a distance, all I can tell you is on certain plays a ref will have his assignment based on the play regardless of proximity.

Unfortunately the unsportsmanlike penalties will, right or wrong set a tone with the refs. I saw the same thing happen to SP a few years ago against West Lincoln in round two. IMO the SP kid should have been benched by the first year head coach. The kid got away with a personal foul right in front of us and was flagged for two more. By the way, he was a major reason SP lost that game, not the refs

Sorry I’m done. I just hate to see a fan base whine about the refs when the score is so one sided. Good luck next season Burns

So your players and coaches can act a fool and it's ok? That was the majority of your penalties. Personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct. Wasn't like it was alot of penalties during the plays. I bet you 85% of your penalties were after the whistle. Take accountability. That's imploding at it's finest. Coaches included. You can see it clean from our stands. Adversity happens in football and life. You have to find a way to get it done. Your players and coaches apparently kept saying the wrong things to the refs. None of yall are mentioning that part.
I have never been a Blame the refs type of fan. Yall won and deserved to win. Did the refs not have their best day of work maybe, maybe not but it's just HS football. Would not hurt my feelings to see yall win it all !

Ok but you still have to play and score after those penalties. They still had chances to make stops after that. Also our defense played great. Donforget to mention that.Held them to 13. That's a good night in the playoffs.
They actually made stops when they didn't have penalties. Yeah you held them to 13, their offense is not the best tbh so you were supposed to hold them to 13. Irony is their run game gave you problems, and you got beat deep a few times. Reidsville is going to eat you up if that happens next week.

He made a play, got up and ran away from the play. I expect you were on the field to hear what the kid said as he trotted off.

As for five minute conferences, Would you not rather see the refs try to get get it right?

Im sure there were bad calls. There always are.

As far as refs making calls from a distance, all I can tell you is on certain plays a ref will have his assignment based on the play regardless of proximity.

Unfortunately the unsportsmanlike penalties will, right or wrong set a tone with the refs. I saw the same thing happen to SP a few years ago against West Lincoln in round two. IMO the SP kid should have been benched by the first year head coach. The kid got away with a personal foul right in front of us and was flagged for two more. By the way, he was a major reason SP lost that game, not the refs

Sorry I’m done. I just hate to see a fan base whine about the refs when the score is so one sided. Good luck next season Burns

This is exactly what I thought last night. You have to pick your battles and communicate diplomatically with the refs.

The final score was 38 - 13 ? Is that correct? You lose by 25 and have the nerve to complain about the officials. I can’t believe the officials cost Burns 3 TD a field goal + a point. They may have been bad, but not 25 points bad. Burns lost to a better team.
Bingo. Go watch the replay on YouTube. There’s only one call that wasn’t justified and it extended a drive where Hendersonville punted anyway.

Burns lost the line of scrimmage, lost to a better team.

No. You don't throw a flag then met the rest rest of the crew for 5 minutes to discuss why you threw a flag. You either make the call or not. If it was just one or two times ok maybe but ever damn time? Nah man. I stand by what I said, that was a clown crew that shouldn't be allowed on a little league field, period.

They actually made stops when they didn't have penalties. Yeah you held them to 13, their offense is not the best tbh so you were supposed to hold them to 13. Irony is their run game gave you problems, and you got beat deep a few times. Reidsville is going to eat you up if that happens next week.
The way yall talked...yall were SUPPOSED to hold us...don't worry about what Reidsville is going to do. Let our coaches and players worry about that. We beat yall deep to the point your players were getting dpi's and yall were crying about it. It is what it is. Athletes make plays and your team made a couple last night.

Taken back
Well said on both post!! I’ve told my wife many times if I hit the lotto our facilities (which are already very nice) would be top notch! No doubt we all have passion for our teams. I’m excited about this game but to give Hendersonville respect a lot of my excitement is because of it wasn’t for EG and Shelby games the competition in conference was awful to watch. Tonight we are all lucky on both sides to watch two teams go to war.
well we didn’t get to see the game we hoped for because the terrible officials killed it. Then we just fell apart.

The way yall talked...yall were SUPPOSED to hold us...don't worry about what Reidsville is going to do. Let our coaches and players worry about that. We beat yall deep to the point your players were getting dpi's and yall were crying about it. It is what it is. Athletes make plays and your team made a couple last night.
I'm not with Burns

Don't worry the Hendersonville refs won't be at the Reidsville game.

3 plays that changed that game and took momentum from Burns and gave it to Hendersonville. In the first quarter Burns sacks Hendos QB in the end zone for a safety. Of course the old man who shouldn’t be on the field said he was down on the half yard line. He was in the middle of the A in the end zone and wasn’t even close. Crap call and was obvious. Gives Burns 2 points and the ball. 3rd and long, ball thrown deep, Burns breaks up the pass. The kid makes the motion of an incomplete pass and they throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. Ref wasn’t close to the play so theres no way he heard him say a word. Last play that I thought shifted momentum. Ball thrown down the sidelines on the inside where the Hendo player was on the outside and the Burns player runs under the ball and picks it off. Not until the Burns player takes several steps is the flag thrown for DPI. Same ref that was on the Hendo sideline who threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Zero!! All three of those plays took the ball out of Burns hands and it stayed with Hendo. Forgot one!! The same goofball on the Hendo sideline threw a flag for illegal substitution on a punt after the play was halfway over. This was a 4th and 1 play and guess what, Hendo keeps the ball. Guess who threw 3 of the 4 flags on these plays. The ref on the Hendo sideline. Again he threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Burns didn’t help themselves with a few penalties but can you blame anyone for getting upset when the game is being taken away from you. No one is there to see the refs, let the kids play. No one has mentioned this so I will. I saw it with my own eyes!! When the refs arrive they walk up to the althetic director and gave her a hug. Seems to me they know each other and the refs were actually from that area. Little home cooking always helps. Go back and watch the game again Dixie and watch all those plays and see what the score is when they happen. That crew had no business being at the game. Unless that crew goes to Reidsville, Hendo has no chance. Burns held them when penalties weren’t involved. Hendos first two drives where they scored we’re not earned. Go back and watch it. Hendersonville is a good team but Burns in my opinion is slightly better. Scoreboard didn’t show it but the best team doesn’t always win. The game was taken over by the refs and thats final. I had a great view on every play of the game.

3 plays that changed that game and took momentum from Burns and gave it to Hendersonville. In the first quarter Burns sacks Hendos QB in the end zone for a safety. Of course the old man who shouldn’t be on the field said he was down on the half yard line. He was in the middle of the A in the end zone and wasn’t even close. Crap call and was obvious. Gives Burns 2 points and the ball. 3rd and long, ball thrown deep, Burns breaks up the pass. The kid makes the motion of an incomplete pass and they throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. Ref wasn’t close to the play so theres no way he heard him say a word. Last play that I thought shifted momentum. Ball thrown down the sidelines on the inside where the Hendo player was on the outside and the Burns player runs under the ball and picks it off. Not until the Burns player takes several steps is the flag thrown for DPI. Same ref that was on the Hendo sideline who threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Zero!! All three of those plays took the ball out of Burns hands and it stayed with Hendo. Forgot one!! The same goofball on the Hendo sideline threw a flag for illegal substitution on a punt after the play was halfway over. This was a 4th and 1 play and guess what, Hendo keeps the ball. Guess who threw 3 of the 4 flags on these plays. The ref on the Hendo sideline. Again he threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Burns didn’t help themselves with a few penalties but can you blame anyone for getting upset when the game is being taken away from you. No one is there to see the refs, let the kids play. No one has mentioned this so I will. I saw it with my own eyes!! When the refs arrive they walk up to the althetic director and gave her a hug. Seems to me they know each other and the refs were actually from that area. Little home cooking always helps. Go back and watch the game again Dixie and watch all those plays and see what the score is when they happen. That crew had no business being at the game. Unless that crew goes to Reidsville, Hendo has no chance. Burns held them when penalties weren’t involved. Hendos first two drives where they scored we’re not earned. Go back and watch it. Hendersonville is a good team but Burns in my opinion is slightly better. Scoreboard didn’t show it but the best team doesn’t always win. The game was taken over by the refs and thats final. I had a great view on every play of the game.
I will say this I was at the Shelby Hendersonville game last spring and Hendersonville is a very hard place to play. Lot of things stacked up against you. would love to get them again in shelby this year if we can beat East Gaston.

I will say this I was at the Shelby Hendersonville game last spring and Hendersonville is a very hard place to play. Lot of things stacked up against you. would love to get them again in shelby this year if we can beat East Gaston.
I heard the refs were the same way last spring as they were on Friday night.
gotta love it

Reactions: notanyonesfan

iI what you say is true, isn't there a petition process that you go through with nchsaa for investigations. They can do that if they feel that strongly

3 plays that changed that game and took momentum from Burns and gave it to Hendersonville. In the first quarter Burns sacks Hendos QB in the end zone for a safety. Of course the old man who shouldn’t be on the field said he was down on the half yard line. He was in the middle of the A in the end zone and wasn’t even close. Crap call and was obvious. Gives Burns 2 points and the ball.
You were wrong from the start. Gosnell planted his feet at the 1yd line, fights to stay out, forward momentum was stopped, and Burns rolls him into the end zone. Just because you push him into the end zone afterwards, doesn’t make it a safety. You’re only correct in that the call was obvious and the refs made it correctly. White hat marks it exactly where his forward momentum was stopped. Great job by the officiating crew!

It’s right here, proof is in the pudding:

Hendo/Burns - Safety Call

Last edited:
no dog in the fight, but to be fair it looks like the ball was spotted correctly if it was at the 1 yd. line.....you can't let a team out of the hole if you have them pinned that deep.........

Reactions: DixieTN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT