ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

Can somebody in the state of NC or even is the USA that knows anything about football explain to me when a player has ever “willingly went into the end zone to go down”? Ol dude was fighting to not go down, and he ended up on his head in the middle of the endzone when the play was over. Oh but when the Burns receiver was fighting not to go down he let up and got stripped and Hendo recovered.

I am beyond over this game and it is what it is. Hendersonville is playing Friday night and Burns isn’t. Bottom line is though that I’d bet any money in the world that Hendersonville isn’t 25 points better than Burns, I’d bet if they played 10 times Burns would win more. I’ll be the first to say it, Hendersonville is good but they aren’t great. Y’all act like y’all are some kind of world beaters because you won this game. Reidsville is a different animal and would have been if we played them too. Y’all can gloat and pound your chest all you want but the fact is you’re going to think those refs were 100% right just like a lot of Burns fans think they were 100% wrong.

Refs won’t be loading up the bus friday night, but that won’t matter. Liberals are ruining everything about this country with their ideologies...people can’t even talk and put forth their thoughts on a FORUM BOARD because it means we whine, are sour about the loss or are making excuses. It’s ok to talk and go back and go back and forth but my goodness y’all are a bunch of softies. Personally I took the L on the chin, some won’t, but take the truth on the chin, too. The refs sucked! The refs DID NOT cost us the game BUT the refs DID kill ALL of our momentum plays...offensively and defensively. That in fact will change a game.
You are the one that keeps talking about it. Sad part is....Hendersonville didn't play their cleanest game either. That wasn't their best smh

As far as world beaters...find one Hendersonville fan on here gloating about beating Burns....I bet you won't find one. Same way you feel about your team, our fans feel the same way about ours. Now let it go and move on with life.

Struggling to find comforting words…..go to a local game this Friday….it’ll help!……if that don’t work….try…Plenty of Fish!

I'd really like to know more of your 'knowledge' and 'experience' in this area. The game is over so we can hijack the thread. Burns posters are the best at reviving old threads so let's ride their ship.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'd really like to know more of your 'knowledge' and 'experience' in this area. The game is over so we can hijack the thread. Burns posters are the best at reviving old threads so let's ride their ship.
Ain’t got a clue! 😂😂😂Chopper. …but I thought some humor might help!

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Not a burns fan, was at the game and refs played too much of a role. Not right and any team shouldn’t lose in that manner. Wrong team won and it will show next Friday.
Dude, every single one of your 17 posts are about Burns. You even had one you started about their JV game being canceled and trying to schedule a replacement game. Another was explaining the youth of the team and the returning starters when discussing the Watauga game. Clearly not a Burns fan….

Dude, every single one of your 17 posts are about Burns. You even had one you started about their JV game being canceled and trying to schedule a replacement game. Another was explaining the youth of the team and the returning starters when discussing the Watauga game. Clearly not a Burns fan….
Hes still in the closet. He needs to embrace his true self and wear the Columbia Blue.

• Haha
Reactions: jumbob
Never said Libs cost the game. I said y’all act like liberals. Typical for Hendersonville. A liberals opinion is the only one that counts.

Just summarizing not struggling- and you are sarcastic. I’m a former coach too not just a fan. Trying to take a constructive approach- but you really can’t do that with smart alecks. Those Momentum shifts were contrived by those refs period. I bet I’ll not live to see a worse called game again and I hope I don’t.

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I had read it before and wanted to post that I agree with the Burns fans. I was at this game and I can't remember ever observing a worse officiating crew at a high school football game than what I saw at this game. Many of the calls they made were horrible and they were consistently interjecting themselves at some crucial moments. I hated to see it, especially for the Burns players/coaches.

btw, I am a neutral fan here. I am not a Burns or Hendersonville fan nor do I usually complain about refs. However, this game would make anyone complain about the refs. Burns played two teams in this game, Hendersonville and the refs.

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I had read it before and wanted to post that I agree with the Burns fans. I was at this game and I can't remember ever observing a worse officiating crew at a high school football game than what I saw at this game. Many of the calls they made were horrible and they were consistently interjecting themselves at some crucial moments. I hated to see it, especially for the Burns players/coaches.

btw, I am a neutral fan here. I am not a Burns or Hendersonville fan nor do I usually complain about refs. However, this game would make anyone complain about the refs. Burns played two teams in this game, Hendersonville and the refs.
3rd down, we got to the point we literally predicted a flag coming. A big pass, flag was coming… You had to be there and not be on the home side to see it. The worst I’ve ever seen. Video doesn’t show you why unsportsmanlike was called. You just assume the player said something. Fact is it didn’t matter what was said, flag was thrown. The refs were a disgrace to the game.

Reactions: Red Phoenix
Can’t be any worse than the time Reidsville lost on an incomplete Hail Mary in semifinals that was called a catch and even the guy they said caught it had no clue what was going on. Kinston many years ago

Can’t be any worse than the time Reidsville lost on an incomplete Hail Mary in semifinals that was called a catch and even the guy they said caught it had no clue what was going on. Kinston many years ago
That was one play. lol

Congratulations🎉🎉 this thread is coming up on its 20 day anniversary. Traditionally, china is the token 20th-year present and it's meant to symbolize the beautiful life you've built together but in this case some nice Tupperware would suffice I think.

Congratulations🎉🎉 this thread is coming up on its 20 day anniversary. Traditionally, china is the token 20th-year present and it's meant to symbolize the beautiful life you've built together but in this case some nice Tupperware would suffice I think.
How about some paper plates from the Fallston DG? Whats the over/under on this thread making it to 2022?

Last edited:
I will be surprised if Burns or Hendo make the playoffs. If they happen to make it and rematch .....Who would win? Come on We need twenty!!!!!

If we're gong with paper plates, can we at least splurge on them thicker ones that wont fold over when the baked beans gets em wet?

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Chinette paper plates are the best. They are thick and have those side handles for piling it high. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hendersonville- will be sitting at home with us tomorrow night for the first time in weeks. It gets easier with time but it still sucks. Hope we “really” get to play each other again in the future.

Ran into several people at the big thanksgiving family dinner and all the men were still talking about the Burns & Hendo game- how unreal the officiating was. All agreed they never had seen anything like it before- just saying. This story will continue to be told for a while.

Reactions: Red Phoenix
There are a couple of games here locally tomorrow night but forget all that ...how are the dogs looking next year? 😀

I will be surprised if Burns or Hendo make the playoffs. If they happen to make it and rematch .....Who would win? Come on We need twenty!!!!!
I’m not sure about Hendo but Burns will return the majority of this team next season. They were very young still. Qb and RB were only sophomores and a ton of juniors. Burns will be just fine next year.

I’m not sure about Hendo but Burns will return the majority of this team next season. They were very young still. Qb and RB were only sophomores and a ton of juniors. Burns will be just fine next year.
Bearcats return 10 all conference players including every receiver and running back. QB graduates so a huge hole to fill at that position.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
OK, now we have the plate situation solved, let's talk cups...... Solo or Styrofoam?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT