ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

You’re wrong about first play, why waste my time on the others? You guys got BEAT. Stop blaming the officials.
You’re going to waste time because you know I’m right
Refs had no business being at that game. Have fun on a long ride home after you killed drilled next Friday.

Yup! The only call that was blatantly wrong was the illegal substitution on the punt and it ZERO influence on the outcome.

I didn't really like that first interference call near the beginning of the game. I may watch more of the game, the safety call was close. I could see that being the correct call though, that's just how they call it, although it may look like a safety. Its actually pretty difficult to get a safety.

I didn't really like that first interference call near the beginning of the game. I may watch more of the game, the safety call was close. I could see that being the correct call though, that's just how they call it, although it may look like a safety. Its actually pretty difficult to get a safety.
Would love for Burns to play Hendo again with unbiased refs
Promise you a different outcome.
Hendo wouldn’t be moving on

Correct. Offensive player would willingly have to go into the endzone and then be taken down, otherwise his forward momentum is stopped.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulldog_012
You lost by 25. Sounds completely logical.
Who is you?? Already said I wasn’t a Burns fan. Just a football fan and what I saw Friday night was a complete embarrassment as far as refs go. Home cooking shouldn’t happen like that especially in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Whatever you want to say about the safety but take the other 3 plays and let them play out. Burns defense is off the field and the offense is back out there. Completely changed the game. There were Hendo fans that disagreed with the calls that I’m referring to. Seems that your team does nothing wrong and should win every game they play. You’re an individual who can’t see the forest for the trees. Long drive to Reidsville to be greatly disappointed by halftime.
I’ll say it again, you can’t take those refs with ya. Offense isn’t that good, can’t run it, and that just sets you up for failure. Good luck and safe travels. It will be a late drive home wondering why you lost.

Who is you?? Already said I wasn’t a Burns fan. Just a football fan and what I saw Friday night was a complete embarrassment as far as refs go. Home cooking shouldn’t happen like that especially in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Whatever you want to say about the safety but take the other 3 plays and let them play out. Burns defense is off the field and the offense is back out there. Completely changed the game. There were Hendo fans that disagreed with the calls that I’m referring to. Seems that your team does nothing wrong and should win every game they play. You’re an individual who can’t see the forest for the trees. Long drive to Reidsville to be greatly disappointed by halftime.
I’ll say it again, you can’t take those refs with ya. Offense isn’t that good, can’t run it, and that just sets you up for failure. Good luck and safe travels. It will be a late drive home wondering why you lost.
Bro I am not hendo fan, watch game on you tube their line won line scrimmage that's why you got beat.

I watched the whole game and I didn’t feel it was as bad as y’all keep saying. No game is ever called perfectly and I know 1 or 2 plays can hurt if you lose a tight game but come on. Burns didn’t impress me with their offense so idk where all these points to win were gonna come from. Anyway good luck Hendo. It looked like Burns players and coaches were talking too much. That’s a problem with discipline period. My brother n law goes to all Hendo games as his wife is a teacher and he said that y’all as a group were terrible with the mouths. If you lost by 10 or less by all means cry but you didnt

3 plays that changed that game and took momentum from Burns and gave it to Hendersonville. In the first quarter Burns sacks Hendos QB in the end zone for a safety. Of course the old man who shouldn’t be on the field said he was down on the half yard line. He was in the middle of the A in the end zone and wasn’t even close. Crap call and was obvious. Gives Burns 2 points and the ball. 3rd and long, ball thrown deep, Burns breaks up the pass. The kid makes the motion of an incomplete pass and they throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. Ref wasn’t close to the play so theres no way he heard him say a word. Last play that I thought shifted momentum. Ball thrown down the sidelines on the inside where the Hendo player was on the outside and the Burns player runs under the ball and picks it off. Not until the Burns player takes several steps is the flag thrown for DPI. Same ref that was on the Hendo sideline who threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Zero!! All three of those plays took the ball out of Burns hands and it stayed with Hendo. Forgot one!! The same goofball on the Hendo sideline threw a flag for illegal substitution on a punt after the play was halfway over. This was a 4th and 1 play and guess what, Hendo keeps the ball. Guess who threw 3 of the 4 flags on these plays. The ref on the Hendo sideline. Again he threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Burns didn’t help themselves with a few penalties but can you blame anyone for getting upset when the game is being taken away from you. No one is there to see the refs, let the kids play. No one has mentioned this so I will. I saw it with my own eyes!! When the refs arrive they walk up to the althetic director and gave her a hug. Seems to me they know each other and the refs were actually from that area. Little home cooking always helps. Go back and watch the game again Dixie and watch all those plays and see what the score is when they happen. That crew had no business being at the game. Unless that crew goes to Reidsville, Hendo has no chance. Burns held them when penalties weren’t involved. Hendos first two drives where they scored we’re not earned. Go back and watch it. Hendersonville is a good team but Burns in my opinion is slightly better. Scoreboard didn’t show it but the best team doesn’t always win. The game was taken over by the refs and thats final. I had a great view on every play of the game.
You really typed all that, take the L and move on

Yup! The only call that was blatantly wrong was the illegal substitution on the punt and it ZERO influence on the outcome.
You can't come from out of bounds and be the 1st to touch the ball... then why not send cats from wherever to catch passes behind the defense... the returner wasn't on the field at the snap,,, so he messed up or coach messed up but the official got that right... either way Burns forced a punt so it was non factor!

3 plays that changed that game and took momentum from Burns and gave it to Hendersonville. In the first quarter Burns sacks Hendos QB in the end zone for a safety. Of course the old man who shouldn’t be on the field said he was down on the half yard line. He was in the middle of the A in the end zone and wasn’t even close. Crap call and was obvious. Gives Burns 2 points and the ball. 3rd and long, ball thrown deep, Burns breaks up the pass. The kid makes the motion of an incomplete pass and they throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. Ref wasn’t close to the play so theres no way he heard him say a word. Last play that I thought shifted momentum. Ball thrown down the sidelines on the inside where the Hendo player was on the outside and the Burns player runs under the ball and picks it off. Not until the Burns player takes several steps is the flag thrown for DPI. Same ref that was on the Hendo sideline who threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Zero!! All three of those plays took the ball out of Burns hands and it stayed with Hendo. Forgot one!! The same goofball on the Hendo sideline threw a flag for illegal substitution on a punt after the play was halfway over. This was a 4th and 1 play and guess what, Hendo keeps the ball. Guess who threw 3 of the 4 flags on these plays. The ref on the Hendo sideline. Again he threw 0 flags on Hendo all night. Burns didn’t help themselves with a few penalties but can you blame anyone for getting upset when the game is being taken away from you. No one is there to see the refs, let the kids play. No one has mentioned this so I will. I saw it with my own eyes!! When the refs arrive they walk up to the althetic director and gave her a hug. Seems to me they know each other and the refs were actually from that area. Little home cooking always helps. Go back and watch the game again Dixie and watch all those plays and see what the score is when they happen. That crew had no business being at the game. Unless that crew goes to Reidsville, Hendo has no chance. Burns held them when penalties weren’t involved. Hendos first two drives where they scored we’re not earned. Go back and watch it. Hendersonville is a good team but Burns in my opinion is slightly better. Scoreboard didn’t show it but the best team doesn’t always win. The game was taken over by the refs and thats final. I had a great view on every play of the game.
How biased can you be lol. Let it go. It's over.

Again, not a burns fan. Went to watch what I thought would be a good game. It was until he refs, from that area, got involved. Just saying the refs took the game over and it was obvious. Good luck to Hendo without those goons in stripes.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
You can't come from out of bounds and be the 1st to touch the ball... then why not send cats from wherever to catch passes behind the defense... the returner wasn't on the field at the snap,,, so he messed up or coach messed up but the official got that right... either way Burns forced a punt so it was non factor!
I didn’t realize it was the returner, I thought the flag was thrown at the line of scrimmage. If so, you are exactly correct.

Reactions: WNC FAN
You may not be a Burns fan but you have some kind of allegiance to them. Either friend or area because you certainly aren’t from OUR area with OUR refs. Refs as a whole suck but this game wasn’t close nor would it have been. 9 out of 10 Hendo wins. Burns doesn’t have enough offense to hang. It’s pretty simple. To win you have to score

I seen the game live. No need to watch it on youtube. YouTube doesn't show you what live at Dietz Field shows you.
I was there live also, and it’s no point in going back and forth, because everyone is biased they see what they want to see, the fact is the game is over and y’all won. Congratulations

Reactions: loveithere
I was there live also, and it’s no point in going back and forth, because everyone is biased they see what they want to see, the fact is the game is over and y’all won. Congratulations
Thanks but don't tell me that lol. Tell the whiny Burns fans.

I haven't wanted to comment on this post because I know what will ensue. I will just say this. Ask any other team that we have played this year, and see if they think of us as a trash talking, non-disciplined team. I doubt anyone would agree with that. I've know Coach Devine for 20 years and seen him be the coach at Burns, I have never seen him this upset over officials and how the game was called. You Hendersonville cats can say what you want, but the refs did take over the game. Having said that, I think previous comments are correct about the line of scrimmage. Hendersonville owned it for the most part. We did start running it very well in the 2nd half but the damage was already done. If our starting RB doesn't get hurt on the first drive, I think it's a totally different game from our offense. Not one Burns fan on here has bashed Hendersonville, the team. I think they are well coached and don't make many mistakes. But I do not think you are 20+ points better than Burns. Everything that transpired was a snowball effect that we couldn't overcome. It was a good learning experience for all of our star sophomores and we will be back and better next year. I hope we can have a rematch with you guys, but in the good town of Lawndale.

I haven't wanted to comment on this post because I know what will ensue. I will just say this. Ask any other team that we have played this year, and see if they think of us as a trash talking, non-disciplined team. I doubt anyone would agree with that. I've know Coach Devine for 20 years and seen him be the coach at Burns, I have never seen him this upset over officials and how the game was called. You Hendersonville cats can say what you want, but the refs did take over the game. Having said that, I think previous comments are correct about the line of scrimmage. Hendersonville owned it for the most part. We did start running it very well in the 2nd half but the damage was already done. If our starting RB doesn't get hurt on the first drive, I think it's a totally different game from our offense. Not one Burns fan on here has bashed Hendersonville, the team. I think they are well coached and don't make many mistakes. But I do not think you are 20+ points better than Burns. Everything that transpired was a snowball effect that we couldn't overcome. It was a good learning experience for all of our star sophomores and we will be back and better next year. I hope we can have a rematch with you guys, but in the good town of Lawndale.
So saying that the refs affected the outcome of the game isn't bashing a team when they win by 25??? If your team let penalties allow them to trash talk refs and get unsportsmanlike penalties, that is discipline. There missed calls on Burns as well. It is what it is.

Reactions: owen98
I think this will be the best team Reidsville has faced this year. Page is improving but not good yet.

Agree ....Coach Devine is as classy as they come. Period .

Correct. Offensive player would willingly have to go into the endzone and then be taken down, otherwise his forward momentum is stopped.

Can somebody in the state of NC or even is the USA that knows anything about football explain to me when a player has ever “willingly went into the end zone to go down”? Ol dude was fighting to not go down, and he ended up on his head in the middle of the endzone when the play was over. Oh but when the Burns receiver was fighting not to go down he let up and got stripped and Hendo recovered.

I am beyond over this game and it is what it is. Hendersonville is playing Friday night and Burns isn’t. Bottom line is though that I’d bet any money in the world that Hendersonville isn’t 25 points better than Burns, I’d bet if they played 10 times Burns would win more. I’ll be the first to say it, Hendersonville is good but they aren’t great. Y’all act like y’all are some kind of world beaters because you won this game. Reidsville is a different animal and would have been if we played them too. Y’all can gloat and pound your chest all you want but the fact is you’re going to think those refs were 100% right just like a lot of Burns fans think they were 100% wrong.

Refs won’t be loading up the bus friday night, but that won’t matter. Liberals are ruining everything about this country with their ideologies...people can’t even talk and put forth their thoughts on a FORUM BOARD because it means we whine, are sour about the loss or are making excuses. It’s ok to talk and go back and go back and forth but my goodness y’all are a bunch of softies. Personally I took the L on the chin, some won’t, but take the truth on the chin, too. The refs sucked! The refs DID NOT cost us the game BUT the refs DID kill ALL of our momentum plays...offensively and defensively. That in fact will change a game.

Last edited:
Can somebody in the state of NC or even is the USA that knows anything about football explain to me when a player has ever “willingly went into the end zone to go down”? Ol dude was fighting to not go down, and he ended up on his head in the middle of the endzone when the play was over. Oh but when the Burns receiver was fighting not to go down he let up and got stripped and Hendo recovered.

I am beyond over this game and it is what it is. Hendersonville is playing Friday night and Burns isn’t. Bottom line is though that I’d bet any money in the world that Hendersonville isn’t 25 points better than Burns, I’d bet if they played 10 times Burns would win more. I’ll be the first to say it, Hendersonville is good but they aren’t great. Y’all act like y’all are some kind of world beaters because you won this game. Reidsville is a different animal and would have been if we played them too. Y’all can gloat and pound your chest all you want but the fact is you’re going to think those refs were 100% right just like a lot of Burns fans think they were 100% wrong.

Refs won’t be loading up the bus friday night, but that won’t matter. Liberals are ruining everything about this country with their ideologies...people can’t even talk and put forth their thoughts on a FORUM BOARD because it means we whine, are sour about the loss or are making excuses. It’s ok to talk and go back and go back and forth but my goodness y’all are a bunch of softies. Personally I took the L on the chin, some won’t, but take the truth on the chin, too. The refs sucked! The refs DID NOT cost us the game BUT the refs DID kill ALL of our momentum plays...offensively and defensively. That in fact will change a game.
Liberals cost you the game😂😂😂😂😂, take that L and shut up please

I am conservative as it gets and I’m not a Hendo fan. Y’all are just cryin too much and politics has nothing to do with it. I watched the game on YouTube and I just don’t see the extremes that you guys speak of. There were a lot of conferences but I’m ok with trying to get the call right. I think the qb was stopped at the 1 and taken into the end zone thus not a safety. I don’t know that Hendo was 25 points better either but I also don’t think y’all would win more than 1-2 out of 10

We are still talking about it because it helps to process the shared event. There are many perspectives about this like any other situation when it is viewed by many. This has been an informative thread. We’ve had Burns people, Hendersonville folks, and neutral individuals weigh in. It bothers the Hendersonville people because they feel people are trying to un-legitimize their win. Burns fans feel they were not allowed an equal opportunity to play by questionable ref intervention. It is all understandable. Hendersonville is a good team. They won the game and advanced. The Bulldogs are a good team, and pretty evenly matched with the Cats. The final score did not reveal that truth. I think Hendersonville knew they faced a tough challenge in Burns and were surprised that they won by as much as they did, in the way that they did -buy the game unraveling like it did for Burns. Burns had high expectations about their team all year and couldn’t believe that our last game of the year ended up being our worst showing all year long. The Youth in our team showed up last Friday. We have all the pieces in place for a very successful future. We simply need to mix our talent and skill with experience and maturity. In time, that will give us the extra edge we lack. Emotions, no matter how justified, can not dominate and derail us like they did Friday. You take what you have thrown at you and deal with it accordingly. We have a great Coach. We will rise above. Head and heart are both important parts of competion. Head must always dominate though. This quality is a challenge to master even for adults. Our world as a whole, has even lost this important character trait -if in fact they ever had it. That’s why youth sports are so important. Hopefully they teach that you must have passion, the “want to”, the courage- along with dominating wits, smarts, and problem solving skills to navigate success. Go Bulldogs- and I agree, repay that game several times and we would win several times. Good luck Cats.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT