ADVERTISEMENT

Brevard @ Pisgah

bc11

Oct 14, 2002
Might as well get this started. Huge game next week on the river in Canton for these two proud programs. Brevard can own the conference crown outright with a win or Pisgah can play spoiler and we get a 3-way share of the conference. Last game of the regular season, possible rain in the forecast with cold temperatures, second week of November, Pisgah and Brevard battling it out like it used to be. You cannot ask for much more than that. Two proud programs with great kids and coaching staffs. A lot of respect between both the towns when it comes to this game. Though it is not or never will be the same level of Pisgah/Tuscola, this is and has been one of the best rivalries in WNC for a very long time. There is just something in the air when these two play that just seems right for high school football. I'm making no predictions as I think both teams are very similar and very balanced. Pisgah probably, and should, be the early favorite with the game being in Canton. However I have seen lots happen in these games over the years that can change the script pretty quickly. Should be a great night for the final regular game of the season.

The end of the season battle we were all hoping for! Conference championship on the riverside against Brevard. Hell yeah! Love it. Brings back a lot of memories. Back when Pat was mayor, the mayors of each town used to bet livestock against once another. Pigs, goats, chickens, etc. Lol.

Reactions: SRT52
Where're Pisgah, Brevard fans at. This is a big game. Will decide who is number one , two and three in the conference. Who gets a home game or goes on the road. Does playing on the river gives Bears advantage.I think so but one of our loses was at home. Games like this always comes down to who makes least mistakes and wants it more.Bears by 3

Haven’t posted in a while but this is the game that we (Pisgah and Brevard fans) have wanted to see!! Looking forward to a good old fashioned mountain football game. I’m making no predictions for the game. I think our defense is stronger than last years team. The offense is very solid but not as explosive as last year. I think Pisgah is very similar to Brevard in these aspects. I think fewest turnovers and who has the ball last wins! Go Big Blue!

Man the score to this game could end up 3-0. Both defenses are lights out but O is a struggle. I think in 2002 Owen-Brevard finished at 3-0. Very exciting game for no scoring.

Last edited:
That would be a terrible way to lose. A safety. That's what I call defense

No prediction from me on this game. Bottom line whoever executes better, controls the line of scrimmage, has fewer turnovers and has the right mindset coming into the game will take this one. I'm hoping the Bear's will play their best game so far this Friday, if we do, we'll be hard to beat.
Go BEAR'S!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Took the night off from work to see this one! I'll echo the comments of those above in saying that the team with the fewest turnovers should win. No matter who pulls it out both teams are gonna wake up sore on Saturday!

Reactions: PBBear51
It would deff have to. I still dont see how MH would have better ranking than reidsville

It will but not by much. Also creates a three way tie for first. In my estimation, the tie really doesn't matter though because Brevard will go 2A and Smoky/Pisgah will go 2AA. Brevard will be a tier 1 and will probably get a 3 seed since Reidsville won tonight.

Smoky won the head to head with Pisgah so Smoky will probably get a 4 seed as a Tier 1 in 2AA.

Pisgah probably gets a 8 to 11 seed depending on how the other Tier 2s and wild cards fall.

With Brevard's loss tho...not likely that they will be seeded higher than Reidsville as some earlier predictions had them...Reidsville 10-1 (4-0 in conf.)....Brevard 9-2 (4-1 in conf.).....................

Good luck in the the 2a Brevard. Like to see y'all whip Reidsville. Y'all should have beat em last year.

Last edited:
After the Bears big win last night. Nothing changed as far as seedings.They should be a better way to do this than drawing out of a hat. Adjusted Max preps rating would have been better .Anyway that's my rant for today. Proud of the Bears finishing 8-2 with the schedule we had ,said a lot about those kids and coaches. On to the playoffs and win or lose it's been a great year.

Mule, I listened to it on the radio. Brevard"s D just got tired on the last drive sounded like to me. That's ok because thats football.

Were you at the game? Have you looked at the game stats?

Stats dont matter...Brevard had the lead and the ball with time running out before yall stripped them. So yeah, they should have beat you. Credit to Reidsville for coming up with a play though

Stats dont matter...Brevard had the lead and the ball with time running out before yall stripped them. So yeah, they should have beat you. Credit to Reidsville for coming up with a play though
You’re right. The score is the only thing that matters.

I wasn't able to be at the game. Can one of you tell me how many turnovers we had and if any were in the red zone?

I listened to it on the radio...the Brevard-Reidsville that is. Idk about the Brevard-Pisgah game

I wasn't able to be at the game. Can one of you tell me how many turnovers we had and if any were in the red zone?
Brevard had 4 fumbles, two inside the red zone. They also had an interception on their last ditch attempt to get a first down deep in their own territory with time running out in the game. Pisgah had zero turnovers.

Reactions: brevard'04grad
Thanks - I think Brevard had 3 turnovers the whole season up until last night. Can't beat a good team coughing it up.

Brevard had 4 fumbles, two inside the red zone. They also had an interception on their last ditch attempt to get a first down deep in their own territory with time running out in the game. Pisgah had zero turnovers.
Actually there were three. At the 9, the 5 and the 10. I told my cousin whom I always attend games with I thought the outcome would depend on mistakes...may be the first time I've been right all year, lol.

Had 5 lost 4 of them

Thanks - I think Brevard had 3 turnovers the whole season up until last night. Can't beat a good team coughing it up.

It was the difference in the game. Pisgah's offense is so bad that if they'd have gotten down by a couple TDs there was almost no chance they could come back. Gotta give the Bears credit though for those turnovers. It was really cold and they were hittin.

Brevard will make some noise in the playoffs. The Bears earned their home playoff game last night against a good team. I hope Pisgah can beat Bunker Hill but they'll probably have to score more than a couple TDs to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT