ADVERTISEMENT

BIG SOUTH SHOWDOWN LOOMING

^ ha ha you got jokes
Funny, when I think of great I think Jim Taylor, Chris Norman, Lance Ware, Mike Stewart, Roy Kirby, Mark Barnes and Ron Greene. Want to know what they all have in common? I’ll let you answer that. There is a big difference between walking around like you have won it all and actually winning it all.

I have watched Km football for over 20+.As a member of the TD club here in Kings Mountain
Class of 67

Your first two posts ever are loaded.......

worms galore.

I won't be like others and QUOTE your post while telling you not to post it. I can't do that now.

Just wanted to type out an observation.

Good luck to your team. :cool:

Reactions: footsoldier
I don’t no about you Burns guys but I can handle the sun...we really need bathroom facilities more than anything

There's always the good ole dig a hole off on the bush and contribute to fertilizing(then again I read somewhere humans might 'deliver' more pollution than fertilzer just based off the diet) the green space.

Funny, when I think of great I think Jim Taylor, Chris Norman, Lance Ware, Mike Stewart, Roy Kirby, Mark Barnes and Ron Greene. Want to know what they all have in common? I’ll let you answer that. There is a big difference between walking around like you have won it all and actually winning it all.

No truer words have ever been spoken (well typed in this case)

But hey conference championships and tee shirts are nice too....

Better be careful, this particular person may create a user account here like the other site and "call ya out" like he did Go Devils Go...

So
Coach Beam did alot with the talent he had at Burns ....he won a S-ton of games and got the community excited for Bulldog Football .....
That doesn't say much, Coach Lloyd wins games and goes deep into the playoffs at times. Some Fans want more then a conference championship or a 4th round exit but Beam is the answer for KM? He quit on Newton Conover after all his good players left the team. I've seen coaches win with less talent then Beam or Lloyd has had. I'm done have a great day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
So

That doesn't say much, Coach Lloyd wins games and goes deep into the playoffs at times. Some Fans want more then a conference championship or a 4th round exit but Beam is the answer for KM? He quit on Newton Conover after all his good players left the team. I've seen coaches win with less talent then Beam or Lloyd has had. I'm done have a great day.
No worries man.....you make great points and i respect your opinion. All jokes aside I have no clue if Beam is a good fit for KM or not. It seems most KM folks give the current coach their full support just as i give Coach Devine mine even the last couple lean years. I think Dave gets the Dogs another Ship sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Appstateplaybook
No worries man.....you make great points and i respect your opinion. All jokes aside I have no clue if Beam is a good fit for KM or not. It seems most KM folks give the current coach their full support just as i give Coach Devine mine even the last couple lean years. I think Dave gets the Dogs another Ship sooner rather than later.
Amazing how KM has what 1 loss and people are saying Beam would be a good fit there. LOL.

Coach Lloyd in my opinion has put KM Football as one of the better up and coming programs in the state, our community has back the teams by putting their money in to upgrading our facilities and filling our stadium at home games and away games. I have notice that at some away games KM fans out number the home team fans. This tell me the community backs Coach Lloyd and KM football and sports 100%.

I can understand the KM fan base frustration, watching Shelby and Crest go to state, and win conference championships year in and year out while KM was getting destroyed by said teams for over 20 years....However, if Lloyd was to be removed, I believe that time has come and gone. He's been there I know for over 10 years at least. Now KM finally has sufficient talent to compete, just gotta be patient, and try to get your Jimmy's and Joe's in the right places...and avoid the injury/transfer bug.

Coach Lloyd in my opinion has put KM Football as one of the better up and coming programs in the state, our community has back the teams by putting their money in to upgrading our facilities and filling our stadium at home games and away games. I have notice that at some away games KM fans out number the home team fans. This tell me the community backs Coach Lloyd and KM football and sports 100%.
I can understand the KM fan base frustration, watching Shelby and Crest go to state, and win conference championships year in and year out while KM was getting destroyed by said teams for over 20 years....However, if Lloyd was to be removed, I believe that time has come and gone. He's been there I know for over 10 years at least. Now KM finally has sufficient talent to compete, just gotta be patient, and try to get your Jimmy's and Joe's in the right places...and avoid the injury/transfer bug.
I don't think this team is better then the team that lost to South Point in the 4th Rd. Sometime it's hard to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Just my Opinion

A coach can do all he can do and be a great coach but if the community doesn’t get involved nothing the coach does is going to be good. I think the two biggest factors in KM are first and foremost starting the youth program in the area and then secondly I think it’s the backing from the community. Nothing has changed for KM. They have always had loads of talent and never could get over the hump. Lloyd has been there long enough to get some stuff done and he has made some runs in other years. Most coaches in this area have done that though. I question a lot of coaches at times but I’m not paid to coach, I pay to watch. Where I think the difference with the talent at KM now though is it’s far more developed when it get to the high school. I do think that Lloyd will need to win a championship this year or next to prove he belongs or he should be out. The old saying is if you build it they will come and that’s true to a lot of extents BUT parents aren’t going to transfer their kids to KM to play on a nice field. Everyone leaves for playing time and recruitment. Gotta win to keep them there...more then conference championships.

Reactions: CrestMan7
A coach can do all he can do and be a great coach but if the community doesn’t get involved nothing the coach does is going to be good. I think the two biggest factors in KM are first and foremost starting the youth program in the area and then secondly I think it’s the backing from the community. Nothing has changed for KM. They have always had loads of talent and never could get over the hump. Lloyd has been there long enough to get some stuff done and he has made some runs in other years. Most coaches in this area have done that though. I question a lot of coaches at times but I’m not paid to coach, I pay to watch. Where I think the difference with the talent at KM now though is it’s far more developed when it get to the high school. I do think that Lloyd will need to win a championship this year or next to prove he belongs or he should be out. The old saying is if you build it they will come and that’s true to a lot of extents BUT parents aren’t going to transfer their kids to KM to play on a nice field. Everyone leaves for playing time and recruitment. Gotta win to keep them there...more then conference championships.
I find it very interesting to hear other high schools fans talk about KM FOOTBALL when they should be looking at their on team.

LOLOLOLOL please don’t tell me you’re serious with this post. That’s the definition of hypocrite. What a joke
YOU KNOW what the real JOKE is a couple of weeks ago some BULLDOGS FANS was talking STATE TITLE. BUT I hope THE DOGS win it ALL.

YOU KNOW what the real JOKE is a couple of weeks ago some BULLDOGS FANS was talking STATE TITLE. BUT I hope THE DOGS win it ALL.

I’d love a state title but the only at are title I’ve talked about is Shelby and KM. Most people get on here and have RESPECT for OTHER TEAMS. Then there is MOUNTIE PRIDE pounding HIS CHEST and putting words in OTHER PEOPLES mouths. I don’t recall any Burns poster talking STATE TITLE. But I do recall Mountie pride TALKING ABOUT OTHER TEAMS!

I’d love a state title but the only at are title I’ve talked about is Shelby and KM. Most people get on here and have RESPECT for OTHER TEAMS. Then there is MOUNTIE PRIDE pounding HIS CHEST and putting words in OTHER PEOPLES mouths. I don’t recall any Burns poster talking STATE TITLE. But I do recall Mountie pride TALKING ABOUT OTHER TEAMS!
Some of the BURNS POSTERS sure have SHORT MEMORIES about the STATE TITLE comment, and I think THE BULL DOGS have a very good team this year and wish them nothing but the best in the PLAYOFFS.

I see this thread took a turn.There is a lot of football left in this season for some teams. You can’t really assess this season until after it is over so I will hold my critique until the end of the season. Yes it would be nice to be undefeated right now and in reality we probably should be. Hiccups happen. Last time I checked you do not have to be undefeated to win a state title. Winning a state title is still a realistic goal for the Mounties and let there be no mistake, that is the goal. First things first. We have a chance to go undefeated in Cleveland County and the only thing standing between that goal are the Chargers. Crest you are officially on the clock...

Dang , we answered the bell Shutdown. And you all went from “1 to “10. At least the Astro turf will be fresh for soccer . You all do travel well though. Lots of community support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT