ADVERTISEMENT

BIG SOUTH SHOWDOWN LOOMING

llucky3702

Nov 5, 2008
Two weeks away but undoubtedly will be the " show what you got" - game to see...The Hunter Huss Huskies will play Host to the KM Mountaineers in a dynamic head to head clash to determine the inside track for the Big South Conference title...The two schools have traded wins the last two years with Huss taking the conference deciding win at Kings Mountain last year....GET YOUR POPCORN READY !!

Huss has a healthy Zo Wallace back under center after missing the first two games...The Big Husky QB has regained the reigns of the Huss offense and the dogsled is churning powder baby....Malik Corry, Dontavius Nash, and new Big Running Back Lamagea McDowell are leading the way....McDowell is impressive....the young man looks like Adrian Peterson running down hill....can go through you or around you....The Huss defense, which lost a lot of senior leadership from last years dynamic squad is shoring up the cause with new hungry leaders...These young men love to play physical..A Husky trademark...With a open week to rest the Huskies are lathered...savvy....rested...and will be ready to battle Kings Mountain....

Huss has a healthy Zo Wallace back under center after missing the first two games...The Big Husky QB has regained the reigns of the Huss offense and the dogsled is churning powder baby....Malik Corry, Dontavius Nash, and new Big Running Back Lamagea McDowell are leading the way....McDowell is impressive....the young man looks like Adrian Peterson running down hill....can go through you or around you....The Huss defense, which lost a lot of senior leadership from last years dynamic squad is shoring up the cause with new hungry leaders...These young men love to play physical..A Husky trademark...With a open week to rest the Huskies are lathered...savvy....rested...and will be ready to battle Kings Mountain....
This will be one “Mountain” you can’t climb. Puppy love can’t stop an angry wolverine and Huss gets mauled like a puma on a polecat. Last year is over Huss lovers. The dream has died and nothing you have will come close to stopping KM. Mountie reserves will play most of second half. Just telling the truth. Don’t kill the messenger.

This will be one “Mountain” you can’t climb. Puppy love can’t stop an angry wolverine and Huss gets mauled like a puma on a polecat. Last year is over Huss lovers. The dream has died and nothing you have will come close to stopping KM. Mountie reserves will play most of second half. Just telling the truth. Don’t kill the messenger.
The success Huss has enjoyed is not a dream but results of hard work...Work that has been put into building a successful winning perennial contender...lots of Credit to coach McCoy and his staff...Were not even halfway into the season so its one game at a time...KM is a great program and that Cleveland County Kool-aid is really sweet...Huss is not a slouch Mr Messenger....They've endured baptism by fire early on which will keep them focused..I will agree on a point you made...There will be Mountie reserves playing in the second half...

Reactions: Sneed350Z
You know you could be right but there is a lot of football to be played.

Don't act all soft now Big Britches....you've been beating that chest so much on the other thread. Go ahead and tell everyone why KM is the best team in the country and you've guaranteed a ring this year. I don't even know why 3A schools are still playing. The year is over already.

Don't act all soft now Big Britches....you've been beating that chest so much on the other thread. Go ahead and tell everyone why KM is the best team in the country and you've guaranteed a ring this year. I don't even know why 3A schools are still playing. The year is over already.
35 to 6 and was not even that close.

Reactions: Kjefferies2020
Paper Champs already huh, ask Dook they hang that banner every year at Cameron Indoor LOL

Out of the team HH have beaten this year only one has a winning record. The others have a combined record of 2-13. Why are we putting them in the same conversation with CC & KM? THOSE PLAYER FROM LAST YEAR ARE LONG GONE. They do have a 4 yr starter at QB but his numbers are terrible this season. Truth is the will post a good record because the BIG SOUTH CONFERENCE is Down. Just my two cent

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Huss you are officially on the clock! The purge begins next Friday in Huskie Stadium.

They don’t have a damn clue what is coming across that county line.
Well i can say the juniors and Sophomores do...They Know there will be a lot of the guys in the black and gold that they faced last year....and the year before...been there done that...they even got a Big South Conf Champ T shirt... KM is playing great ball...most likely championship ball....Congrats on hanging 70 on NG...a good sparring partner no less...The Mountaineers will be a very tough challenge for Huss....Huss has seen both sides of the fence this year getting worked over by 4A powerhouse Vance...which should work in their favor program wise.. They have settled in now and are playing like expected... and always....always...they play fast and physical and without fear...the HUSKY WAY....Huss will come to play...win or lose...and they will not be intimidated...

Reactions: Sneed350Z
Hey look I'm not talking any trash about KM. They are a well oiled public school machine. I'm just laughing my @#$ off at the cocky private school CC fan base that got completely destroyed on JV and varsity by the green machine. The fall of the only private school playing with public schools is going to be glorious...

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Hey look I'm not talking any trash about KM. They are a well oiled public school machine. I'm just laughing my @#$ off at the cocky private school CC fan base that got completely destroyed on JV and varsity by the green machine. The fall of the only private school playing with public schools is going to be glorious...
We have respect for Huss and their coaching staff. Many of the Huss kids and KM kids competed against each other in youth football. A few of your players are really close with some of the KM kids. The Huss freshmen and sophomore classes are really strong and Huss will be in the thick of it for the near future. Many people in the KM community have very close ties with many people in West Gastonia. Also McCoy is a great guy and I hate that he has to deal with some of the baseless accusations from Huss haters. I am aware of the “home checks” and scrutiny that Huss has been under the past couple of years. It’s been pretty ridiculous. If some of the other coaching staffs actually cared about ALL of their kids and actually helped them with college preparation than there will be no reason to worry about another program. If the GC AD was serious about residency than they would look at those non-revenue sports athletes addresses on file. It would be an eye opener but it’s easier to pick on a school like Huss because of political and financial demographics. McCoy has also did an amazing job with limited resources. The work he has put in with making sure that his kids understand the college academic requirements the play at the next level is truly amazing. The Huss seniors last year were really strong academically. Most of those kids would have attended college based off of their academic work. My hat is off to those kids and Coach McCoy. All that being said Huss will be ready to play but our guys are coming to kick some Huskie ass next Friday.

I think this will be a good game no matter how you slice the bread. But I just don’t think Huss can beat KM this year. They both have a tough task at hand but KM is a better team in my opinion BUT the best team doesn’t always win. I think KM wins by 10+

Reactions: llucky3702
I think this will be a good game no matter how you slice the bread. But I just don’t think Huss can beat KM this year. They both have a tough task at hand but KM is a better team in my opinion BUT the best team doesn’t always win. I think KM wins by 10+
I think this will be a very competitive games between TWO GOOD TEAMS.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I think this will be a very competitive games between TWO GOOD TEAMS.

Help me out here because I admit to not knowing a ton about either teams. Why do we think this will be competitive and why do we think it's two good teams?? KM I get, they have rolled everyone including Shelby and at least a decent 4aa West Meck.

HH?? Scored only 7 points against a terrible Rocky River team that has had 60+ put on them twice. Didnt come close to scoring on Vance and only have one win over a team with a winning record.

Why do we think there good?

Kings Mountain is your state champion. HH has a shot but as a lifetime Huss guy it is a pipe dream. No one is stopping Myers Park, Weddington, or Kings Mountain this year...

Help me out here because I admit to not knowing a ton about either teams. Why do we think this will be competitive and why do we think it's two good teams?? KM I get, they have rolled everyone including Shelby and at least a decent 4aa West Meck.

HH?? Scored only 7 points against a terrible Rocky River team that has had 60+ put on them twice. Didnt come close to scoring on Vance and only have one win over a team with a winning record.

Believe that is going to be answered, one way or the other, on Friday night.

I will take a stab since I am probably one of the few on here that follows Meck. County football along with other areas of state. Hunter Huss always has fast aggressive talented athletes. This year they have talent but it is very young talent. Huss lost a lot of really good players from last years team, most who signed to play at the next level. I think 12 signed to play college ball with with five of those signing at FBS schools. Huss came into this season as a young team with not much starting varsity experience but than lost their quarterback in their last scrimmage before the season started and their whole offensive scheme is built around the qb. The Huskies were forced to use one of their db’s as the quarterback against Rocky River. Personally I never understood why Huss scheduled Vance this year with so many first time varsity starters on their roster. I figure Huss probably has trouble scheduling games in some way. Not too many schools are trying to make that trip to west Gastonia lol. Their qb returned to play against Vance but of course that didn’t matter much. Those young guys competed against Vance but the Huskie offense didn’t stand a chance against that D, with or without their starting quarterback. Those young Huss guys are growing up with each game and now Huss has the McDowell kid at running back which allowed them to move their other running back Corry(who is receiving FBS interest) to slot receiver. Huss has a UNC commit playing receiver also so they will be a problem later in the season as the young guys continue to develop. The Huss head coach is pretty close with some of the Creek coaches and communicates with them so you probably can find out more from those guys. Huss has become a good program and will probably contend for a title in the next 2-3yrs so be ready for Wham to really lose his mind in the future. KM will be too much for them this week though.

I will take a stab since I am probably one of the few on here that follows Meck. County football along with other areas of state. Hunter Huss always has fast aggressive talented athletes. This year they have talent but it is very young talent. Huss lost a lot of really good players from last years team, most who signed to play at the next level. I think 12 signed to play college ball with with five of those signing at FBS schools. Huss came into this season as a young team with not much starting varsity experience but than lost their quarterback in their last scrimmage before the season started and their whole offensive scheme is built around the qb. The Huskies were forced to use one of their db’s as the quarterback against Rocky River. Personally I never understood why Huss scheduled Vance this year with so many first time varsity starters on their roster. I figure Huss probably has trouble scheduling games in some way. Not too many schools are trying to make that trip to west Gastonia lol. Their qb returned to play against Vance but of course that didn’t matter much. Those young guys competed against Vance but the Huskie offense didn’t stand a chance against that D, with or without their starting quarterback. Those young Huss guys are growing up with each game and now Huss has the McDowell kid at running back which allowed them to move their other running back Corry(who is receiving FBS interest) to slot receiver. Huss has a UNC commit playing receiver also so they will be a problem later in the season as the young guys continue to develop. The Huss head coach is pretty close with some of the Creek coaches and communicates with them so you probably can find out more from those guys. Huss has become a good program and will probably contend for a title in the next 2-3yrs so be ready for Wham to really lose his mind in the future. KM will be too much for them this week though.

I didnt say they werent a good program. Of course they are. I just keep reading things like " showdown", " get your popcorn ready", Two good teams "

There is one really good team and one above average team. Unless I am missing something this looks more like 35-10 game.

Shows his IQ by forgetting there are 3 other Catholic schools in the NCHSAA. OOP! KM rolls.

I didnt say they werent a good program. Of course they are. I just keep reading things like " showdown", " get your popcorn ready", Two good teams "

There is one really good team and one above average team. Unless I am missing something this looks more like 35-10 game.
Okay I got what you are saying and I pretty much agree. I think the comments are mostly because the two communities are pretty close overall with many of the kids and fans knowing each other really well. Both schools have been the top two teams in football and basketball the past few seasons in the Big South so the fan bases are competitive. Huss also beat KM for the first time in a few years last season so that hyped some people up some.

Spot on, B&G! I’m happy for Huss. This Coach is the real deal. Forgive the bedouins for seeing an oasis.

From what I have seen and read it seems once KM gets rolling they are hard to stop. If the offense can get settled in and find a rhythm early I think Huss may be in trouble. I've seem KM twice and what they did to Burns and Shelby with their defensive front in stopping Pryor and getting to Bess was impressive.

If Huss can get some stops early and get a big play or two, I think those young players for the Huskies will get the confidence they need to make this a close, competitive team.

Regardless I expect some personal fouls, some unsportsmanlike penalties, and a sideline warning warning or two from both sides. Should be an exciting game.

That West Gastonia comment had me thinking. I know that area used to be pretty bad from tales but I have been there numerous time and loved it. I sat on the Huss side last year when they played Catholic and thought the fans were great. The announcer reminds me of the announcer at either RS or East. One of them had a loud guy back in the old days. Just a thought.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT