ADVERTISEMENT

BIG SOUTH SHOWDOWN LOOMING

Question if a team kicks the ball and receiving teams calls fair catch. And ball bounces off his chest and kicking team recovers the ball. It is kicking team ball is that not correct.

K town got hosed on that one but refs let K town get away with a few penalties too.

It happens. In most games refs look to the white hat. But in some, they look to the press box. It’s called “home field advantage “ for a reason!

Thought about that too... KM wins and gets past Crest & they get the 1 seed and stay at home as long as they win... Now they could be looking at a 3rd round road trip
It really can end up a double “whammy” for KM. This loss more than likely cost them the # 1 overall seed in the west and if Huss wins out the Huskies go into the playoffs as the top seed out of the Big South. KM goes in as the #2 team out of Big South which has a much tougher road to hoe. The number 1 overall seed in the 3A west doesn’t have to break a sweat until the fourth round if you’re being honest. These are the kinds of losses that haunt you all season.

I am all about a good game and I know things happen. But I hate to see kids get out there play there heart out. And get crapped on because someone Dosent know what they are doing. And for the record think I would have kicked a couple field goals.

I am all about a good game and I know things happen. But I hate to see kids get out there play there heart out. And get crapped on because someone Dosent know what they are doing. And for the record think I would have kicked a couple field goals.
Yeah still not sure why KM potentially left 12 points on the board by not kicking FGs

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
It really can end up a double “whammy” for KM. This loss more than likely cost them the # 1 overall seed in the west and if Huss wins out the Huskies go into the playoffs as the top seed out of the Big South. KM goes in as the #2 team out of Big South which has a much tougher road to hoe. The number 1 overall seed in the 3A west doesn’t have to break a sweat until the fourth round if you’re being honest. These are the kinds of losses that haunt you all season.

Like, love, love the “double whammy “ reference! Two snaps and a circle!

Burns too...always thought the school should’ve been built where the stadium is and vice versa and had visitors in the sun. Too costly to flip it now.

At Burns, the engineers knew that goats follow the setting sun. Don’t understand what was going on at Crest. Maybe an understanding that their team will suck and that blinding the home side would be a good idea? Just spitballing folks. :)

That was on the refs. They called an inadvertent whistle and replay the down. Tough break, but that was the correct call. Pretty sure that's what Lloyd was ranting about at the end of the game.

Question if a team kicks the ball and receiving teams calls fair catch. And ball bounces off his chest and kicking team recovers the ball. It is kicking team ball is that not correct.
All if what he said is true with this statement. Kick, fair catch, bounces off his chest ,KM recovers. side line warning is thrown on Kings mountain 30 seconds after KM recovers ball and refs huddle. Then the biggie for me, KM has to rekick,no penalty marked off for anything . Can anyone tell me what could have possibly happened on that play.

All if what he said is true with this statement. Kick, fair catch, bounces off his chest ,KM recovers. side line warning is thrown on Kings mountain 30 seconds after KM recovers ball and refs huddle. Then the biggie for me, KM has to rekick,no penalty marked off for anything . Can anyone tell me what could have possibly happened on that play.

Ref blew his whistle stopping the play after the Huss player muffed the fair catch. KM recovered the ball but the inadvertent whistle stopped the play. So the rule is to replay it. It was a momentum shift for sure but KM got a stop and then proceeded to score. Refs weren't very good but were bad on both sides. I think some of the KM penalties just seemed to happen at more critical times. Refs were not the reason Huss won this game.

As for the game, kind of surprised by the result. KM was definitely not sharp and the QB had an off night. It was obvious to everyone in attendance. That happens. But for some reason, KM went away from the running game when it seemed to be the best thing going for them with Mack in the game. The last possession KM had, to go from 1st and goal inside the 5 to a turnover on downs outside the 20 (and no penalties to cause this) is inexcusable. I agree that play calling was suspect but that was the case for them the whole night it seemed. A WR pass on 3 & 25.....its like KM thought they were still play NoGa or Cramer and that mess was going to work.

In the end, I think the Huss offensive playmakers and play callers showed up and outperformed the KM side. Huss QB made some dynamite throws for some 3rd down conversions and took advantage of some poor KM coverage in the back end. Great performance by Huss and their staff. Came ready to play and KM didn't answer the bell.

Ref blew his whistle stopping the play after the Huss player muffed the fair catch. KM recovered the ball but the inadvertent whistle stopped the play. So the rule is to replay it. It was a momentum shift for sure but KM got a stop and then proceeded to score. Refs weren't very good but were bad on both sides. I think some of the KM penalties just seemed to happen at more critical times. Refs were not the reason Huss won this game.

As for the game, kind of surprised by the result. KM was definitely not sharp and the QB had an off night. It was obvious to everyone in attendance. That happens. But for some reason, KM went away from the running game when it seemed to be the best thing going for them with Mack in the game. The last possession KM had, to go from 1st and goal inside the 5 to a turnover on downs outside the 20 (and no penalties to cause this) is inexcusable. I agree that play calling was suspect but that was the case for them the whole night it seemed. A WR pass on 3 & 25.....its like KM thought they were still play NoGa or Cramer and that mess was going to work.

In the end, I think the Huss offensive playmakers and play callers showed up and outperformed the KM side. Huss QB made some dynamite throws for some 3rd down conversions and took advantage of some poor KM coverage in the back end. Great performance by Huss and their staff. Came ready to play and KM didn't answer the bell.
Thanks. I didn't know 1 had blown the whistle. I didn't see it as a bad called game at all. To me the game was won by huss defensive line (#58 I really liked) and huss offensive play calling in the 1st half with the pound game and take as much time off the clock as possible.

At Burns, the engineers knew that goats follow the setting sun. Don’t understand what was going on at Crest. Maybe an understanding that their team will suck and that blinding the home side would be a good idea? Just spitballing folks. :)
Lol

KM 34 BURNS 6 and KM 42 and SHELBY 16 and neither games where that close.
Hey Mountie .....yes you are correct on those scores... how bout a little credit to huss. But anyway glad you are doing ok ....after all its just h s football. I would not want to be any 3 a team and see km in the playoffs. Cheers mate .

I think THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS should now be the HEAVY FAVORITIES to win the BIG SOUTH.

Lol, one thing I know for sure when Crest has had the best team or most talent in the county they know how to win Championships! KM has the most talent in the County for several years now and have zero Championships. Y'all still have a chance, but can you win the big one? I don't think so!! But good luck anyway......

Reactions: Lawn12Dog

Wouldn't have mattered. KM would have went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal anyway. They wouldn't have got it and Huss would have taken over the ball.

Wouldn't have mattered. KM would have went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal anyway. They wouldn't have got it and Huss would have taken over the ball.
How did they not take the points. Terrible play calling. Kick it both times inside red zone and they are still undefeated.

I have watched Km football for over 20+.As a member of the TD club here in Kings Mountain
Class of 67

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched Km football for over 20+.As a member of the TD club here in Kings Mountain
Class of 67

If all this is true, maybe it should be discussed privately amongst the TD club and Lloyd with assistant coach's and not on a public forum where everyone in the world can see it...No sense in kicking a man when he's down. Just saying...

Maybe KM67TDCLUB YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW TDCLUB, COACH LLOYD HAS PUT KM FOOTBALL BACK ON THE MAP.

Reactions: Sneed350Z
The truth hurts!!! This post is no different from the ones I've read about the coach at Crest play calling.

The truth hurts!!! This post is no different from the ones I've read about the coach at Crest play calling.
Your entire point was nothing but lobbying for that other coach you mentioned in your post. You had no objective other than lobbying. We all know he wants that job. It’s been said by many people close to him. New facilities, a ton of talent and a program ready for him to shine in. Fits him perfect. Good luck with that. Your season did not end Friday. May have been the best thing that could happen to that team. Btw, You lost to Catholic last year because they were better. Also, the coach you are clearly friends with that you lobbied for has also won no state titles. Why go after that in such an unprofessional way? I bet you’re not a TD Club member.

Reactions: KM67TDclub
Your entire point was nothing but lobbying for that other coach you mentioned in your post. You had no objective other than lobbying. We all know he wants that job. It’s been said by many people close to him. New facilities, a ton of talent and a program ready for him to shine in. Fits him perfect. Good luck with that. Your season did not end Friday. May have been the best thing that could happen to that team. Btw, You lost to Catholic last year because they were better. Also, the coach you are clearly friends with that you lobbied for has also won no state titles. Why go after that in such an unprofessional way? I bet you’re not a TD Club member.

Did he already take down his post???

Only thing I don't like at Crest is the fact they keep scheduling TCR every freakin year...other than that I think Eddins and staff are doing the best they can, with what they have, where they are. Burns and Shelby are better, plain and simple and guess what? KM probably sparring any major injuries will beat Crest too, plus Crest has to deal with a Huss team that is showing life. You can't always have talent, Nick Saban could coach Chase all day and never win against Shelby if he doesn't have the players to compete. You support the team and move on (unless they play TCR)...Crest lost three games in a row in 2003...guess what? State champs baby!...relax old timer and enjoy the ride because it won't last forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT