ADVERTISEMENT

Best ever?

Magnum45

Aug 14, 2018
Could this year's Tarboro team be the best 1A team ever? All season they have only had 12 points scored on them. Their last five games they have scored in the 60's and shut out every team. I don't know if I've ever seen a team that dominant. Is it because football in their area is just really bad or are they just that good?

If they win out they could certainly make a strong case....They will be compared to the usual suspects that have been mentioned over many decades before.....the best teams from Murphy, Robbinsville, Swain, Wallace, Thomasville, Albemarle, North Edgecombe, Maxton are the standard teams Tarboro will be compared to.....its a question that can NEVER be settled, but makes for endless barbershop and internet arguments LOL...

I would be interested in hearing what year everyone thinks is their best team out of those listed...

Unless we create a time machine all of our arguments will merely be conjecture. I think it is great to think about and I’ll reiterate Knine, this makes for interesting conversations. However intriguing it would be to see it is just hard to say giving the separation of generations. Right now any talk about a domination runs through Tarboro.

Reactions: knine1
They could possibly win at the 2A level but I'm just not sure if they could beat hibriten.

I think Tarboro could beat Hibriten. They wouldn't win 3a or 3aa but they could hold their own for sure.

Reactions: Swo_05
Sorry but that's not happening. As good as they are there's no way they're going to beat Havelock or Charlotte Catholic.
IDK man they are pretty damn good. I think they would beat Northeastern and Hibriten by 7-10, Reidsville by 14+, and hold their own against Catholic or Havelock. And leave a greasy spot on the field where ACR was.

IDK man they are pretty damn good. I think they would beat Northeastern and Hibriten by 7-10, Reidsville by 14+, and hold their own against Catholic or Havelock. And leave a greasy spot on the field where ACR was.
Wrong son hibriten would shut their wishbone down.

Im pretty sure East Duplin runs something similar to what Tarboro runs and they almost beat Hibriten in the championship game. I have seen Tarboro up close on many occasions over the years, especially when they beat my wolves in 2011. They pump out athletes down there and those kids have a different edge about them you don't see in most places. They could for sure win either big or small 2a and very well would compete for small 3a. They are that talented.

This year I'd take Tarboro over Charlotte Catholic on nuetral field.

I have not seen Tarboro this season but to beat Catholic you will need to stretch the field vertically or their D front will be hard to handle. They have some athletic, high rev motor, big kids on the D that get after it using stunts and diversion. Well coached and well prepared.

This year I'd take Tarboro over Charlotte Catholic on nuetral field.

Have you ever seen Catholic? They almost beat Charlotte Christian the#1 ranked team in nc. I hate catholic but no way a 1a comes close

Let me say I’ve seen Catholic play and Butler and Independence and so on and although Tarboro is a powerhouse I will say it’s a far stretch to elevate them in to winning against some of the schools I’ve just mentioned. With that said however I do feel they are competitive enough to win 1AA, 2A, 2AA and could genuinely compete in 3A at times

I appreciate what Tarboro does for eastern NC. They are a dominant program that gets outstanding talent on the field along with superior coaching. I do think they could win a 2a or 2aa state championship. With that being said, with the larger 3a-4a powerhouse programs in NC comes much better coaching. I honestly think that 1a-1aa or most 2a programs would not have the athletes to compete with Tarboro. And if they had the athletes they don't have the superior coaching to compete. I've seen great teams go to Tarboro and get embarrassed. It is their offensive and defensive schemes that make them superior. Coaching is everything!

This is a funny thread. You've got to be seriously dilusional to think Tarboro could win any title above 1AA. Most of 1A looks like JV football compared to the higher classifications, espeically above 3A.

They went to four straight championships in 2a and won three of them before dropping. If they were 2a they would be right in the conversation no doubt.

If they dont win 1aa...then everyone looks stupid..lol .Bet on that. I have been part of this forgone preconceived notion myself...but upsets can and do happen...lest we forget.

Asking me if I've "been off the mtn" and watched any of these teams like Catholic or Tarboro in person...obviuously they dont know me at all or they wouldnt ask that lol......in an avg year Tarboro would have better speed and athletes but probably not the size of a catholic up front...Catholic has struggled some when faced with elite speed and top defensive athletes like tarboro would put on the field this year....I watched NGuilford put up about 130 points on cathoilc in the title game few years ago....I'll stand by my thoughts that Tarboro could/would beat Catholic this year on nuetral field...if some of you boys get butthurt by that comment you dont have to read it and can move along to the next posters comments..

I am a Tarboro fan and they are good this year but we are talking about high school kids. Anything can happen as they go into the playoffs. Let's see if they continue to roll to a championship before any best of scenarios play out.

This is a funny thread. You've got to be seriously dilusional to think Tarboro could win any title above 1AA. Most of 1A looks like JV football compared to the higher classifications, espeically above 3A.
Let’s see delusional how? Hmmm they have won 3A in 1984
2A 2009, 2010, 2011
1AA 2016
Went to state title in 2008-2012 in 2A losing in 08 and 12 but went 5 years in a row also going in 1998 and losing in 2A so you absolutely have no valid response.. do yourself a favor don’t speak until you have knowledge about a program and what they can do

Tarboro has a great team, but to say they would beat Catholic imo is a stretch, when I saw them a few weeks ago they were the most physical and well disciplined team I have seen in a long time.

Let’s see delusional how? Hmmm they have won 3A in 1984
2A 2009, 2010, 2011
1AA 2016
Went to state title in 2008-2012 in 2A losing in 08 and 12 but went 5 years in a row also going in 1998 and losing in 2A so you absolutely have no valid response.. do yourself a favor don’t speak until you have knowledge about a program and what they can do

We're talking 2018, not 100 years ago when they had more students. This is what I mean by dilusional. Dilusional loves to compare apples to oranges and says that an apple can beat an orange in an orange competition. That's what you all are doing in this thread.

Asking me if I've "been off the mtn" and watched any of these teams like Catholic or Tarboro in person...obviuously they dont know me at all or they wouldnt ask that lol......in an avg year Tarboro would have better speed and athletes but probably not the size of a catholic up front...Catholic has struggled some when faced with elite speed and top defensive athletes like tarboro would put on the field this year....I watched NGuilford put up about 130 points on cathoilc in the title game few years ago....I'll stand by my thoughts that Tarboro could/would beat Catholic this year on nuetral field...if some of you boys get butthurt by that comment you dont have to read it and can move along to the next posters comments..

You can have all the speed in the world but if your trench players can't compete and add in the fact that Catholic does not make alot of mistakes it still won't get the W.

If you dont think Tarboro could win in 2A I seriously question your football knowledge

Reidsville > Tarboro

Reidsville wins 9 out of 10

Since you all are using 100 years ago....
Tarboro did not and could NOT beat Shelby, would not beat Reidsville, South Point, or Hibriten either. Stick to beating your chest over JV football in the 1A

Reidsville > Tarboro

Tarboro did not and could NOT beat Shelby, would not beat Reidsville, South Point, or Hibriten either. Stick to beating your chest over JV football in the 1A
You have obviously never seen Tarboro play so stick to what you know which is apparently not much.. to say Tarboro could “never” beat Shelby or Reidsville is a farce and not a reality.. not sure what beanstalk you fell from or what rock you crawled out from under but probably best to go back there.. nobody said Tarboro could beat Catholic just said they are competitive enough to compete in other divisions that are not 1AA

Reactions: Swo_05 and mbdfan
Reidsville > Tarboro

Not to mention the collegiate and NFL talent that comes from the 1AA program which you speak so poorly about

You have obviously never seen Tarboro play so stick to what you know which is apparently not much.. to say Tarboro could “never” beat Shelby or Reidsville is a farce and not a reality.. not sure what beanstalk you fell from or what rock you crawled out from under but probably best to go back there.. nobody said Tarboro could beat Catholic just said they are competitive enough to compete in other divisions that are not 1AA

Actually Kinine1 did. I think it's delusional but that's his opinion. I go to the State title games every year and I can tell you there is a huge difference from 1AA to 3A.

Not to mention the collegiate and NFL talent that comes from the 1AA program which you speak so poorly about

Just because ONE player makes it to the NFL every 10 or so years does not mean your WHOLE TEAM can compete with a 4A/4AA school that may have 5 or 6 with NFL potential every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT