ADVERTISEMENT

Bertie 46 Northeastern 47

Bertie fired the entire coaching staff from the last few years. An entire new staff made up of former successful Bertie players. Some of our state championship coaches assisting them. We play Edenton Friday and then Hertford County. Tuff first 3 games for a 1a team. However, we’ll know where we are. Were you at the game Goob? What did you think? We lost last year 61-0 vs NE at home.

Love the new look of the Falcons, the offense is very similar to NE. The wide receiver #1 for Bertie is only a jr and hes amazing. That kid has hops and speed and we had no answer for him. Yes I was there and at the Green Run game where NE played very well against a loaded 5a Va team. You and all the Bertie fan base have something to be excited about. NE will be fine, we are going to be a contender in the east come playoff time. Hertford County will be as well, that rb of theirs is really good, and of course you have the phenom at qb Rodgers.

Last edited:
Thx Goob. We’ve been awful for so long it feels strange just to be able to compete. Hopefully it wasn’t a fluke. We’ll see Friday at Edenton.
Future is bright for sure, your qb and that big #4 aren’t to bad either. I’m really happy for you, you’ve definitely been a supporter of our Eagles 🦅 during the playoffs. Both at the games and on these boards.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Love the new look of the Falcons, the offense is very similar to NE. The wide receiver #1 for Bertie is only a jr and hes amazing. That kid has hops and speed and we had no answer for him. Yes I was there and at the Green Run game where NE played very well against a loaded 5a Va team. You and all the Bertie fan base have something to be excited about. NE will be fine, we are going to be a contender in the east come playoff time. Hertford County will be as well, that rb of theirs is really good, and of course you have the phenom at qb Rodgers.
Where did the new Hertford coach come from since the old one is at New Bern.

I would like to congratulate Bertie on an outstanding game. They lost to NE at NE by 1 point. Congrats to the all new coaching staff. They will be a team reckon with come playoff time in 1a.

I would like to congratulate Bertie on an outstanding game. They lost to NE at NE by 1 point. Congrats to the all new coaching staff. They will be a team reckon with come playoff time in 1a.
I think northeastern was just that bad Friday night..but we'll see what they do against this Friday night against Edenton

Got a chance for a statement win tonight Goob. Rose destroyed what I think was a good New Hanover team last week. We see what y'all got tonight
Rose by 28 if we play the way we did against Bertie. Now I’m not sure how good Bertie really is but I can say this, they are much improved. We will win if we come out and play the way we did against Green Run Va. That team came to EC with a lot of big time playmakers who will be playing at D1 schools. We went toe to toe with them a couple weeks ago and won the scrimmage. Hopefully that NE team shows up

This game against Rose presents our running back Tyselle Spencer #5 the perfect opportunity to show the rest of the state just how good and talented he is.

I think NE comes out on top as well. We actually scrimmaged Rose and Kinston at West Craven a few weeks ago. Their qb transferred from Williamston and has a pretty good arm. I think NE wins by 10+. We got Edenton tonight and we'll see where we really are.

Congrats Goob. Beating Rose on the road is always a difficult task. My Falcons took the L tonight at Edenton, 48-22. We had a chance to cut the lead to single digits in the 4th, but we kept fumbling the ball all night long. We do have progress though. Last year we lost at home 41-0.
That’s not a bad loss, I was listening on 103.7. I’m really excited about the new look Bertie Falcons

@Jamesdavis06 I was just telling someone that somehow/someway we have to get better at defending the pass. I know it’s early in the season but that and whatever is going on with our troubles with the snap is the only thing I see wrong with this team. I really feel good about everything else. I think our offensive line has played well and it seems like our defense has done well defending against the run so far. I also love the fact that Coach Moore isn’t afraid to role the dice and gamble. One things for sure, he isn’t scared and has confidence in his players. I believe we have the right pieces to make it back to the eastern championship.

@Jamesdavis06 I was just telling someone that somehow/someway we have to get better at defending the pass. I know it’s early in the season but that and whatever is going on with our troubles with the snap is the only thing I see wrong with this team. I really feel good about everything else. I think our offensive line has played well and it seems like our defense has done well defending against the run so far. I also love the fact that Coach Moore isn’t afraid to role the dice and gamble. One things for sure, he isn’t scared and has confidence in his players. I believe we have the right pieces to make it back to the eastern championship.
Watch out now Goob. Everyone is counting ED out of this thing but by the playoffs we going to give everyone fits.
I do think y'all got a very good team but still need to work on the defense

Watch out now Goob. Everyone is counting ED out of this thing but by the playoffs we going to give everyone fits.
I do think y'all got a very good team but still need to work on the defense
Oh I’m not counting them out by any means. I’m also not counting out wrh, that wasn’t a bad loss. I can’t comment on ED because I know nothing about the Panthers this season. I did watch the entire Wrh/Clinton game. I think all roads to the state championship lead thru Sampson County.

Oh I’m not counting them out by any means. I’m also not counting out wrh, that wasn’t a bad loss. I can’t comment on ED because I know nothing about the Panthers this season. I did watch the entire Wrh/Clinton game. I think all roads to the state championship lead thru Sampson County.
I don't disagree with that at all. The U as they say is loaded. My Panthers are young and hopefully be pretty good by playoffs. Honestly probably a year away from being really good again but I think we a little ahead of schedule now. I really do think y'all have a shot and could get the one seed if you go undefeated so everyone could have to go to Northeastern. The JK and Whiteville game will be interesting this week also. They are 2 of the better teams too. Lots of football to play yet. Maybe we hook up in the playoffs and you can buy me a beer 🍺👍

I don't disagree with that at all. The U as they say is loaded. My Panthers are young and hopefully be pretty good by playoffs. Honestly probably a year away from being really good again but I think we a little ahead of schedule now. I really do think y'all have a shot and could get the one seed if you go undefeated so everyone could have to go to Northeastern. The JK and Whiteville game will be interesting this week also. They are 2 of the better teams too. Lots of football to play yet. Maybe we hook up in the playoffs and you can buy me a beer 🍺👍
Definitely buying you a beer if our teams meet up. We have to get thru a good Hertford County team and our nemesis Holmes. Those are always tough games for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT