ADVERTISEMENT

Bertie 46 Northeastern 47

I remember when Tarboro played at Bertie last year I told the people I was with that if you just went by the eye test - Bertie and Tarboro looked about even as far as size and speed.

The difference was that the Bertie players had no idea where to go on the field.

Coaching makes a huge difference - so it’s no surprise to me to see Bertie already getting better with a new coach.

I remember when Tarboro played at Bertie last year I told the people I was with that if you just went by the eye test - Bertie and Tarboro looked about even as far as size and speed.

The difference was that the Bertie players had no idea where to go on the field.

Coaching makes a huge difference - so it’s no surprise to me to see Bertie already getting better with a new coach.
Agree, based on looks alone, they definitely already look the part. I can remember thinking that about southeast Halifax back in 21. They had some very impressive looking athletes as well.

Reactions: TarVikes
We might. I know the camera was having issues last game against Hertford. You won't miss much lol tarboro is playing North edgecombe it'll probably be a running clock before halftime.
It seems that a lot of schools that have the cameras are having technical difficulties. Luckily HSOT aired the NE/Rose game. We play Rocky Mt I believe in our next game, I saw where you guys smoked them the other week.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
It seems that a lot of schools that have the cameras are having technical difficulties. Luckily HSOT aired the NE/Rose game. We play Rocky Mt I believe in our next game, I saw where you guys smoked them the other week.
I haven't watched NFHS in awhile but I've heard the camera at Tarboro has difficulty working. Y'all should beat Rocky Mount if you don't I'll be very surprised

It has been a long time since we have just been competitive. I see fans bash winning coaches all the time. But they have no idea what it’s like when your program is in the gutter. We know. The entire community is excited.

It has been a long time since we have just been competitive. I see fans bash winning coaches all the time. But they have no idea what it’s like when your program is in the gutter. We know. The entire community is excited.
I knew something was going on when all those Bertie fans showed up in EC a couple weeks ago. That’s the first time in a very long time I’ve seen that kind of support coming out for the Bertie County Falcons football team.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Cant wait to see Oscar Smith play Phoebus tonight. That Green Run team that came to Elizabeth last month is riding high with all their D1 talent. I’ll be listening to the Hoggard/wrh game as well.

Reactions: oldway55

Cant wait to see Oscar Smith play Phoebus tonight. That Green Run team that came to Elizabeth last month is riding high with all their D1 talent. I’ll be listening to the Hoggard/wrh game as well.
You not going to Rocky Mount tonight? While you up there in Virginia look for our buddy JohnnyMadDog79. He's disappeared. Hope he's comes back I like MadDog. He's ok with me for a Wallace fan 😁

• Haha
You not going to Rocky Mount tonight? While you up there in Virginia look for our buddy JohnnyMadDog79. He's disappeared. Hope he's comes back I like MadDog. He's ok with me for a Wallace fan 😁
He’s the only Wrh poster I like, sad but true. Kind of like your the only ED poster I like. I have no problems with the JK,ClintonWest Craven,, or SWO posters. What was said of him by a Clinton poster was uncalled for. John and I have had our differences but I still like him.

@oldway55 we are off tonight. My wife works in Chesapeake Va tonight so I’m going to drive over to the Oscar Smith game. They are a powerhouse program and have played on ESPN numerous times. This game against Phoebus is massive, it’s most likely the biggest game in Virginia tonight

I noticed on Simmons that Bertie has the #1 strength of schedule in 1A
I didn’t know that. Bertie is leaps and bounds better than they have been in years past. How are your Aces compared to the last couple of years? I honestly don’t know anything about this years Edenton team.

I didn’t know that. Bertie is leaps and bounds better than they have been in years past. How are your Aces compared to the last couple of years? I honestly don’t know anything about this years Edenton team.
Hard to tell right now. About like last year. Solid but lots of work to do.

I see Hertford County beat up on Bertie pretty good tonight. I went to the Oscar Smith game tonight, I bet there was 10k people there. Ive never seen a crowd like that before for a regular season game
Hertford got a good squad this year. Tarboro just on a mission this year

Fellow conference member Currituck County just beat a 5a Deep Creek Va team 24-20. This was a really good game between two mediocre teams. Currituck led 17-0 at half and Deep Creek came back strong. Deep Creek was trailing 24-20 with under 2 minutes go and had to go 99 yards. They drove all the way down to the 3 yard line and had a chance to win with 3 seconds but the Currituck defense held strong. Glad I decided to attend this game.

@daagoob how much do you know about perquimans this year? They are currently undefeated and it's becoming possible they may be undefeated when Tarboro plays them.
You will have no problems with them, they are nowhere near Tarboro’s level. It’s hard for programs like Camden,Ptank, and Perquimans with Northeastern (Pasquotank County)/being so close. A lot of times the better athletes at these programs will find a way to get into our district. The new Camden County coach was on the NE sidelines last year,

He’s the only Wrh poster I like, sad but true. Kind of like your the only ED poster I like. I have no problems with the JK,ClintonWest Craven,, or SWO posters. What was said of him by a Clinton poster was uncalled for. John and I have had our differences but I still like him.
That's OK bro, sometimes I don't like me either!

A down Rocky Mount team comes to Elizabeth City this week to face Northeastern. They lost at home to Holmes and also to Tarboro. It should be an easy win for our Eagles but it’ll be good to see the team back on the field after a bye week. I’ve watched a lot of eastern Nc hsfb this season and I really like our chances to make the eastern championship

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT