ADVERTISEMENT

BEARS 2024

buzzcoach

Apr 26, 2004
winston salem nc
MA loses some studs! Graduating Starters are #3,5,15,21,25,32,51,54,65.
MA key returning players are # 1,2,4,10,12,20,22,44,50,66,70,71.
#80 prob be the kicker and play D end. #2 QB and can throw the heck out of the ball.
#4 may be as good as Mason when its said and done.
#22 Can run the ball just as good and will get his time now.
And watch out for #10 hurt most of season but will pop you and runs ball good.
#71 is back and is the plug in the middle on D.
Good group of big sized lineman coming up. Most of all these kids have 2 years left.

Last edited:
Don't forget #12. He is a beast. And both the Hiatt brothers, with a year of maturity and weight room training, they should be solid contributors.
Younger Mason will also grow and get stronger. Next two years should be really interesting.

MA loses some studs! Graduating Starters are #3,5,15,21,25,32,51,54,65.
MA key returning players are # 1,2,4,10,12,20,22,44,50,66,70,71.
#80 prob be the kicker and play D end. #2 QB and can throw the heck out of the ball.
#4 may be as good as Mason when its said and done.
#22 Can run the ball just as good and will get his time now.
And watch out for #10 hurt most of season but will pop you and runs ball good.
#71 is back and is the plug in the middle on D.
Good group of big sized lineman coming up. Most of all these kids have 2 years left.
What’s going to hurt Mount airy more than anything is replacing 65-51-72 on the right side of your offensive line. The last 6 games I’ve seen y’all play those guys created holes that you didn’t need a D1 back to run through but it was a luxury to have one because nobody could stop him then. Also I’ve not seen the bears play anybody at TE except 32 and 21. I wonder if the fact JK moved a WR to TE for certain formations means there’s no other legit TE in the pipeline. In my opinion you wouldn’t risk hurting a great WR/DB/K/P by putting him on the line unless you had no other choice.

# 80 Claybo from JV moved up for some games, he is developing and will play a big role next year at TE. And the younger Hiatt will most likely fill a role at LB along with the monster current sophomore #12.

Reactions: gdawg74
What’s going to hurt Mount airy more than anything is replacing 65-51-72 on the right side of your offensive line. The last 6 games I’ve seen y’all play those guys created holes that you didn’t need a D1 back to run through but it was a luxury to have one because nobody could stop him then. Also I’ve not seen the bears play anybody at TE except 32 and 21. I wonder if the fact JK moved a WR to TE for certain formations means there’s no other legit TE in the pipeline. In my opinion you wouldn’t risk hurting a great WR/DB/K/P by putting him on the line unless you had no other choice.
#80 tall strong TE and DE his Dad played in NFL he comes from good stock. Will be the kicker also

#80 tall strong TE and DE his Dad played in NFL he comes from good stock. Will be the kicker also
That would be Tyson Clabo from Wake Forest. As an offensive tackle he started 116 of 132 games played in the NFL. 2010 Pro Bowl.

Clabo's dad's uncle Neil Clabo from University of Tennessee also played in the NFL for 3 years as a punter and was a member of the 1977 Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl team.

Yes, I would say that is good stock!

Tyson Clabo

Mount Airy’s linebackers have been superior the last 3 yrs. I am not sure but I believe that their man to man secondary has relieved their linebackers of pass coverage responsibilities. Therefore they have played run almost exclusively! If the Bears have the same type of defensive backs to play man, then the new backers will also be good as they gain starter experience!

If he comes from such good stock why did they play a WR at TE and make him block defensive linemen? I cringed everytime I seen it happen because it would have killed them if he’d have got hurt.

If he comes from such good stock why did they play a WR at TE and make him block defensive linemen? I cringed everytime I seen it happen because it would have killed them if he’d have got hurt.
Maybe because he was a sophomore and that was a senior. A senior that played in the east west game the whole game as a safety and a punter. A kid that was tough as nails talented and had been there done that. You might be cringing because all these other schools run the passing stuff that takes forever to develop. It's a man's game. That's why he played. He's still 15. But he will roll over whoever you got on him next year dont worry.

In regard to next year Bears, QB and RB's positions are set. So are the LBer's and most of the Oline and Dline.
I believe the biggest questions are the WR's and DB's.
On the positions that are set, believe it or not, I do not think there will be the fall off that would first appear given how little the starting RB's and DB/WR's played in the 2nd half of all regular season games and some of the playoff games.
Others may have more knowledge or thoughts than I do at this time.

In regard to next year Bears, QB and RB's positions are set. So are the LBer's and most of the Oline and Dline.
On the positions that are set, believe it or not, I do not think there will be the fall off that would first appear given how little the starting RB's and DB/WR's played in the 2nd half of all regular season games and some of the playoff games.
#1 will be back he is going to be special. Started all year a sophm

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
#12 taking reps at WR, wouldn’t that be scary for a defensive back him get loose in secondary coming full steam

Maybe because he was a sophomore and that was a senior. A senior that played in the east west game the whole game as a safety and a punter. A kid that was tough as nails talented and had been there done that. You might be cringing because all these other schools run the passing stuff that takes forever to develop. It's a man's game. That's why he played. He's still 15. But he will roll over whoever you got on him next year dont worry.
The guy y’all said was good is about to be a 17 year old sophomore from what I was told by people who knew him. He had his drivers license for a while so don’t give me the he’s 15 excuse

I would also worry about your OL. 3/5 starters 65-51-72 all graduating and they were monsters in every game I watched. 65 almost out ran the running back on a toss play against Mitchell or Murphy I can’t remember which game it was but he was phenomenal. I can’t see him being replaced easily.

My apologies he was a very good DB
No but it sounds like someone's a little jealous. How many games did you see? The ones where they were whipping Starmount rear end? The kid you're talking about doesn't have his driver's license yet. He was talking about the clabo kid. And don't worry he'll be a beast for anybody You're home team can bring against him. I agree with you about the offensive line but I think there's some pretty good things in the works. Considering how that JV offensive line with a few sophomores dominated their competition. But you just keep wishing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT