ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball Area IV 2022 Teams

Linkman

Jun 14, 2009
There will be 19 teams this season (10 in the Eastern Division and 9 in the Western Division

Eastern Division
Gaston Braves Post 144-266
Gastonia Post 23
Lincoln County Cardinals
Huntersville
Matthews
Mint Hill
Queen City
Pineville
Statesville
Union County

Western Division
Cherryville
Cleveland County
Asheville
Burke County
Caldwell County
Henderson County
Hickory
Maiden
Rutherford County

Key Dates
Area IV playoffs:
begin on July 2 with the two area finalists qualifying for the state tournament

N.C. State Tournament: July 26-30 hosted by Fuquay-Varina of Area I at Campbell University

Southeast Regional: August 3-7 in Asheboro

American Legion World Series: August 11-16 at Shelby’s Veterans Field at Keeter Stadium

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hey Linkman,

I thought Statesville was in Area III? Where are they playing their games?

Hey Linkman,

I thought Statesville was in Area III? Where are they playing their games?
I don't know why they ended up in Area IV rather than Area III but they did. I don't know where they are playing their games. I'll try to find out.

There will be 19 teams this season (10 in the Eastern Division and 9 in the Western Division

Eastern Division
Gaston Braves Post 144-266
Gastonia Post 23
Lincoln County Cardinals
Huntersville
Matthews
Mint Hill
Queen City
Pineville
Statesville
Union County

Western Division
Cherryville
Cleveland County
Asheville
Burke County
Caldwell County
Henderson County
Hickory
Maiden
Rutherford County

Key Dates
Area IV playoffs:
begin on July 2 with the two area finalists qualifying for the state tournament

N.C. State Tournament: July 26-30 hosted by Fuquay-Varina of Area I at Campbell University

Southeast Regional: August 3-7 in Asheboro

American Legion World Series: August 11-16 at Shelby’s Veterans Field at Keeter Stadium
Maiden has dropped out so there will be 8 teams in the Western Division and 10 in the Eastern Division assuming no one else drops out. I understand that Union County is facing some challenges for their program due to their coach recently passing away.

Cherryville has released their schedule which consists of 29 games....14 division games and 15 non division games. Some of the non division games outside of Area IV are Rowan County (2 games), Randolph County, and Fuquay Varina (2 games). They also play six games vs S.C. teams (Rock Hill, York, Florence, Fort Mill and Greer).

Last edited:
  • Sad
The Area IV legion season has begun and the number teams has already dropped to 15. Maiden in the Western Division had previously opted out and now 3 programs in the Eastern Division have also made the decision not to field teams....Union County, Huntersville, and Pineville. There are now 7 teams left in the East and 8 teams in the West.

• Sad
The Area IV legion season has begun and the number teams has already dropped to 15. Maiden in the Western Division had previously opted out and now 3 programs in the Eastern Division have also made the decision not to field teams....Union County, Huntersville, and Pineville. There are now 7 teams left in the East and 8 teams in the West.
Getting down there to about what Area III is now.

I saw Cleveland County play this weekend. They went 1-2, but only gave up 6 total hits I think. Pitching-wise, this has to be the deepest pitching they've every had. 4 right handed pitchers in the mid-upper 80's and a few that can touch 90. A lefty that is mid 80's. And a 2nd-3rd round draft prospect, that if the scouts allow him to play, can hit 94. However, early on we can't hit our way out of a paper bag. Honestly, if we can score 3 runs a game, I like our chances. But that could be tough. Seems like a lot of players don't know each other well right now either. They'll need some time to gel. The lefty from Queen City was very impressive. Hitting 90 a few times on the gun. They're closer was legit too. They have a shot in any game with those two going. I believe both have signed with Queens College (who is moving to D1).

does anyone have a list of teams in area 3 ?
In no particular order......

Eastern Randolph
Uwharrie
Greensboro
Davidson
Mocksville-Davie
Rowan
Stanly
High Point
Concord
Sandy Ridge*
Foothills*

There may be a couple more. I'm not sure.

*Two brand new teams. I'm not exactly sure which areas they draw from. According to Sportstone, Foothills play their home games at East Surry while Sandy Ridge play theirs at North Stokes.

Eastern Randolph
Uwharrie
Greensboro
Davidson
Mocksville-Davie
Rowan
Stanly
High Point
Concord
Sandy Ridge*
Foothills*

*Two brand new teams. I'm not exactly sure which areas they draw from. According to Sportstone, Foothills play their home games at East Surry while Sandy Ridge play theirs at North Stokes.
Asheboro? Uh I mean Randolph County (ugh)…
Also really enjoyed your use of the asterisk there Chute..👍

Eastern Randolph
Uwharrie
Greensboro
Davidson
Mocksville-Davie
Rowan
Stanly
High Point
Concord
Sandy Ridge*
Foothills*

Uwharrie has their own team? Or are you guys making a joke?

Eastern Randolph
Uwharrie
Greensboro
Davidson
Mocksville-Davie
Rowan
Stanly
High Point
Concord
Sandy Ridge*
Foothills*

I also,think Kannapolis and Mooresville. Foothills, I was told combined with the Stokes team from last year, hence the move from Mt. Airy to E. Surry. Wasn’t aware of Sandy Ridge, wow playing at N. Stokes. It is so far out there they have to pipe in sunshine. I will tell any of these radio broadcasting teams, there will be no cell service there.

I saw Cleveland County play this weekend. They went 1-2, but only gave up 6 total hits I think. Pitching-wise, this has to be the deepest pitching they've every had. 4 right handed pitchers in the mid-upper 80's and a few that can touch 90. A lefty that is mid 80's. And a 2nd-3rd round draft prospect, that if the scouts allow him to play, can hit 94. However, early on we can't hit our way out of a paper bag. Honestly, if we can score 3 runs a game, I like our chances. But that could be tough. Seems like a lot of players don't know each other well right now either. They'll need some time to gel. The lefty from Queen City was very impressive. Hitting 90 a few times on the gun. They're closer was legit too. They have a shot in any game with those two going. I believe both have signed with Queens College (who is moving to D1).

Had a no hitter going into the 7th I believe vs Queen City but were down 3-0. Their pitching is going to keep them in games. I believe Ledbetter and Emery need to get their timing back. Great point about needing to gel as a team.

From what I have heard I would say Queen City is the favorite to finish first in the Eastern Division. It does sometimes take time for a legion baseball team to gel. Cherryville Post 100 pulled up 5 players from their Junior Legion team to fill in while they are waiting for 8 Cherryville high school players to join the team from the high school playoffs. Looks like it might be another week and half since Cherryville is up 1 game to none in the Western Regional championship series and could be going to the state championship series.

After losing two out of state games to Rock Hill and York, Post 100 has won their two Area IV games by large margins...22-0 over Gastonia and 12-0 over Burke County. Got rained out tonight against Henderson County.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT