ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Area 4 Playoffs

Yes the hottest I remember was in Garner. 106 degrees very day! I should be in the press box I'm told. That will help a lot! Double elimination will test pitching staffs too.
I'm sure I missed it. But is the bracket set already as far as which Area #1 seeds play Area #2 seeds?

Final Score - Game 1 of Area IV Finals Cherryville 2 Cleveland Co. 1 Post 100 takes a 1-0 lead in the best of 3 series. Game 2 Thursday, 7:00pm at Fraley Field

Reactions: Lincolnton
Don, I saw this game, it was obviously a pitchers' duel. To my knowledge J. Webb is Cherryville's first pitcher and maybe considered their ace. Tonight, though, they started E. Newsome who did a really good job pitching, and working his way out of some jams for six and a half innings. Cleveland pitched C. Putnam, whom I'm thinking is their ace. He's an excellent pitcher.
Got a feeling that every game in this upcoming state tournament is going to be tough. It's kind of like pick your poison.
Linkman, you and D. Eaker did a good job with the broadcast. Hope you get to go to the state tournament.

*Side Note: some of the defensive play was very special.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Don, I saw this game, it was obviously a pitchers' duel. To my knowledge J. Webb is Cherryville's first pitcher and maybe considered their ace. Tonight, though, they started E. Newsome who did a really good job pitching, and working his way out of some jams for six and a half innings. Cleveland pitched C. Putnam, whom I'm thinking is their ace. He's an excellent pitcher.
Got a feeling that every game in this upcoming state tournament is going to be tough. It's kind of like pick your poison.
Linkman, you and D. Eaker did a good job with the broadcast. Hope you get to go to the state tournament.

I'm excited about this years tournament! You are correct that all games will be toss ups!
Wilmington is playing their best baseball now too! Hitting and pitching wise!

Did Parker Ramsey play for Cleveland County. Saw him pitch last week in Concord. Look pretty good on the mound,

Final (July 20-22, 1 game or best of 3)
West No. 1 Cleveland vs. West No. 2 Cherryville
Game 1 – July 19 at Cleveland – Cherryville 2-1
Game 2 – July 20 at Cherryville
Game 3 (if necessary) – July 21 at Cleveland

KTC Broadcasting will be sending two broadcasting teams to the state tournament (one two-man team for Cherryville games on WCSL) and one two-man team for Cleveland County games on WOHS). I would love to go but I was just filling in for Matt Chapman tonight. Matt and Danny Eaker will be the Cherryville broadcast team at the tournament.

Wish I knew you were there, I was also at the game. Colby is just a rising Junior and has a very bright future ahead of him. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop. Parker Dixon more than likely will pitch tonight for Cleveland. He is a Gardner Webb commit. Very good pitcher. Joe Webb, I assume is Cherryville's ace as well. It'll be tough for Cleveland to beat him at Cherryville. But in that cracker jack stadium, a pop fly can turn into a homerun, so who knows what will happen.

Hon, Colby pitched a complete game last night giving up 1 earned run and 1 unearned run. I didn't count, but he probably had 12 strikeouts, maybe more.

Another note, Cleveland started 5 rising juniors last night. The future could be bright for them.

Last edited:
BleedBurnsBlue, I would’ve have been honored to meet you. Talk about a school being well represented, there were times last night, when a Bulldogs pitcher was pitching to a Bulldogs batter, and if J. Webb pitches tonight for Cherryville, the same thing will happen again.
I believe P. Dixon was the Cleveland batter who bounced it off the centerfield wall, last night.
Speaking of Burns players on both teams, I’ve always wanted to see a map of where these guys in upper Cleveland County come from.

I know that Burns players in the Waco/Fallston area have played for Post 100 for many years. I can go back as far as Tim Mathew in 1981-82 winning the state both years, and Thomas Pruitt on the 1998 state championship team.
Absolutely no doubt that Cleveland and Cherryville have both benefitted greatly from players out of Burns.
I’m convinced that this series between Post 82 and Post 100 could go either way.

BleedBurnsBlue, I would’ve have been honored to meet you. Talk about a school being well represented, there were times last night, when a Bulldogs pitcher was pitching to a Bulldogs batter, and if J. Webb pitches tonight for Cherryville, the same thing will happen again.
I believe P. Dixon was the Cleveland batter who bounced it off the centerfield wall, last night.
Speaking of Burns players on both teams, I’ve always wanted to see a map of where these guys in upper Cleveland County come from.

I know that Burns players in the Waco/Fallston area have played for Post 100 for many years. I can go back as far as Tim Mathew in 1981-82 winning the state both years, and Thomas Pruitt on the 1998 state championship team.
Absolutely no doubt that Cleveland and Cherryville have both benefitted greatly from players out of Burns.
I’m convinced that this series between Post 82 and Post 100 could go either way.
I wouldn't say honored.....LOL. But it would have been nice to meet you too. Burns is being very well represented this year and in years past. I grew up in Shelby, but in Burns district. I played for Shelby legion back in the day and some of my Burns teammates obviously played for Cherryville. It was always fun ribbing each other being rivals in the summer but teammates during the school year. Very interesting dynamic.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Game 2 – July 20 at Cherryville-Cherryville 3-2

Game 2 – July 20 at Cherryville-Cherryville 3-2
Really good pitching from both sides. Both games could have went either way. Congrats to Cherryville and good luck to both teams in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT