ADVERTISEMENT

Air Your Grievances Here I Guess

Week 2: Who ya got? Horses traveling to the Pound.

• WRH

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely got outcoached but I won’t put it all on him we get the ball in plus territory can’t have fumbles…..one positive didn’t seem to be many penalties so that’s a plus. But all in all Wallace took us to the shed in the 2nd half no questions bout that

Definitely got outcoached but I won’t put it all on him we get the ball in plus territory can’t have fumbles…..one positive didn’t seem to be many penalties so that’s a plus. But all in all Wallace took us to the shed in the 2nd half no questions bout that
I was pleased to see our dogs ripping at the ball all night

I was really impressed with 2 for Clinton also he is player.
I thought Clinton should have used him in a slot and let #10 and #4 do most of the running. I think #2 would have given WRH fits if they could have hit him with a few short passes and let him do his thing. It's easy though to be an arm chair qb. Clinton is not that far off from WRH. Both are very good teams. I figured it would be a 6 point game. I thought Simmons was crazy picking WRH by 21. I'd love to be with him as he comes up with these picks just to see how he does it. 21 was too much but in the end he wasn't far off. This was a great week 2 game. Playoff atmosphere. Worth the 1-1/2 hour ride!

I thought Clinton should have used him in a slot and let #10 and #4 do most of the running. I think #2 would have given WRH fits if they could have hit him with a few short passes and let him do his thing. It's easy though to be an arm chair qb. Clinton is not that far off from WRH. Both are very good teams. I figured it would be a 6 point game. I thought Simmons was crazy picking WRH by 21. I'd love to be with him as he comes up with these picks just to see how he does it. 21 was too much but in the end he wasn't far off. This was a great week 2 game. Playoff atmosphere. Worth the 1-1/2 hour ride!
Enjoyed your company Otis. Wish goobs, fbismylife would have made it. I agree with you but WRH was a different animal in second half. Darkhorses got the athletes but looked young tonight.

What a night of high school football!! Followed games across the state and there were some good ones.

WRH - Clinton - everyone knew this one was going to be good. We will see this one again unless East Duplin knocks one of them off.

ED - Princeton - wow. Hard to believe ED gave up so many points. Biggest surprise to me is that ED allowed so many possessions. ED slinging the skin a little bit?! ED is definitely a team that gets much better during the year. I like the way ED shortens the game but a little passing can get them back into a game if they find themselves trailing. Definitely need to keep an eye on them

Shelby and ACR - not sure the loss hurts Shelby too much but it can be easy for young men can lose a bit of confidence. Also looks like they are not a lock to get back to the championship like I thought. Not because they have lost to two really good teams but there is definitely some competition to deal with. (Not a knock on Shelby. I know how good they are this year and I know all about their legacy. Take it easy on me Shelby posters)

Reidsville - Page I thought Reidsville was going to take this one early but nice adjustments in the 2nd half by Page and maybe a little wear down due to depth.

1A - Tarboro - Hertford County. Goodness. Points galore. HC QB must be a load. Let’s see how Tarboro handles the loss. They are well coached so my guess is they will be fine and playing in December. Will need to keep a close eye on HC in 2A.

As you can see by my avatar ( I think that’s what you call it) my team is 4A but I spend most of my time on the 1A and 2A boards. Passionate and knowledgeable folks on these boards. Love the way football is still so important to the smaller communities.

Friday nights down east are going to be great this year!!

What a night of high school football!! Followed games across the state and there were some good ones.

WRH - Clinton - everyone knew this one was going to be good. We will see this one again unless East Duplin knocks one of them off.

ED - Princeton - wow. Hard to believe ED gave up so many points. Biggest surprise to me is that ED allowed so many possessions. ED slinging the skin a little bit?! ED is definitely a team that gets much better during the year. I like the way ED shortens the game but a little passing can get them back into a game if they find themselves trailing. Definitely need to keep an eye on them

Shelby and ACR - not sure the loss hurts Shelby too much but it can be easy for young men can lose a bit of confidence. Also looks like they are not a lock to get back to the championship like I thought. Not because they have lost to two really good teams but there is definitely some competition to deal with. (Not a knock on Shelby. I know how good they are this year and I know all about their legacy. Take it easy on me Shelby posters)

Reidsville - Page I thought Reidsville was going to take this one early but nice adjustments in the 2nd half by Page and maybe a little wear down due to depth.

1A - Tarboro - Hertford County. Goodness. Points galore. HC QB must be a load. Let’s see how Tarboro handles the loss. They are well coached so my guess is they will be fine and playing in December. Will need to keep a close eye on HC in 2A.

As you can see by my avatar ( I think that’s what you call it) my team is 4A but I spend most of my time on the 1A and 2A boards. Passionate and knowledgeable folks on these boards. Love the way football is still so important to the smaller communities.

Friday nights down east are going to be great this year!!
I try to tell friends of mine that went to the big 4a schools that it a different passion in these small communities. They have a hard time understanding that until a couple of them went with me to a ED/Wallace game. They were like man we never had anything like this. Now they understand

I try to tell friends of mine that went to the big 4a schools that it a different passion in these small communities. They have a hard time understanding that until a couple of them went with me to a ED/Wallace game. They were like man we never had anything like this. Now they understand
Preach

I've seen alot of big schools around the country with similar passion.
Even a few in this state(ie RC, Crest when they were 4A, Page, Catholic, etc)

Those yellow birds weren't flying much lastnight. Ref's let them play. But darn WRH came out on all cylinders in the 3rd and 4th. This is the week to go onto the film and readjust.

Reactions: dogs79
As much trash as I talked, I did have much higher expectations of Clinton this time around. Now I don't now. Might be the same as last year, which isn't terrible but not top tier.

I wonder what the spread is of this game taking less than an hour to play? Not counting halftime and quarter breaks? And the over/under on pass attempts and completions of both teams combined? Will they be able to be counted on one hand or two?

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT