ADVERTISEMENT

Air Your Grievances Here I Guess

Week 2: Who ya got? Horses traveling to the Pound.

• WRH

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was not at this game Friday decided to go watch the East Duplin and Princeton play. I do not think Coach Johnson gets enough credit though and people giving up on the season after a week 2 loss is crazy. Below is the records of the three widely regarded best football coaches in 2A east since Johnson has been the head coach at Clinton. All three coaches have over 20 years experience and over the age of 45. While johnson is only 31 years old. Clinton record the 11 seasons before he got there (06-17) was 76-62 with only three conference championships, Clinton doesn't have the same demographics to pull from like they did in the 90s & 00s but he is still getting it done. He also has a 10-3 record against duplin county (wallace, duplin, & james kenan).

Battle Holley (East Duplin)- 29-17 overall record. 1 conference championship and worst season 4-7.
Kevin Montsinger (Wallace)- 36-16 1 conference championship, title game appearance, worst season 5-4.
Antwan Moore (Northeastern)- 44-9 4 conference championships, 2 title game appearances, worst season 6-3.
Cory Johnson (Clinton)- 37-10 3 conference championships 1 regional appearance. Worst season 8-3.

I was not at this game Friday decided to go watch the East Duplin and Princeton play. I do not think Coach Johnson gets enough credit though and people giving up on the season after a week 2 loss is crazy. Below is the records of the three widely regarded best football coaches in 2A east since Johnson has been the head coach at Clinton. All three coaches have over 20 years experience and over the age of 45. While johnson is only 31 years old. Clinton record the 11 seasons before he got there (06-17) was 76-62 with only three conference championships, Clinton doesn't have the same demographics to pull from like they did in the 90s & 00s but he is still getting it done. He also has a 10-3 record against duplin county (wallace, duplin, & james kenan).

Battle Holley (East Duplin)- 29-17 overall record. 1 conference championship and worst season 4-7.
Kevin Montsinger (Wallace)- 36-16 1 conference championship, title game appearance, worst season 5-4.
Antwan Moore (Northeastern)- 44-9 4 conference championships, 2 title game appearances, worst season 6-3.
Cory Johnson (Clinton)- 37-10 3 conference championships 1 regional appearance. Worst season 8-3.
What does all that mean?

Johnson is doing a good job at Clinton but in all honesty he should be. They have a strong seasoned program that year in and year out has some top athletic kids. They have plenty of big uns on that line. They also have a deep bench. I still think he is making bad use of #2 playing him at rb. Put him in the slot and out wide at receiver and let his talent do it's thing. Clinton fans have a lot to be proud of for their program.

Lol what in the world are you talking about....... The man is terrible at play calling I'll tell you that lol

Of the 4 schools you stated Clinton, Northeastern, Wallace, and East Duplin if you think the athletics are the same at East Duplin as the other 3 year in and year out you would have to be blind. That being said I have no problem with any of those coaches.

Who gave up on the season? Nobody I know just asked for playcalling not to be so stagnant and you got a kicker maybe use him Clinton is 1/6 on 2 point conversion attempts this year. He gets plenty of credit and can’t handle criticism

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC_91
Who gave up on the season? Nobody I know just asked for playcalling not to be so stagnant and you got a kicker maybe use him Clinton is 1/6 on 2 point conversion attempts this year. He gets plenty of credit and can’t handle criticism

He keep calling that QB dive on 4th and 10 the season will be over lol. Handling criticism is the biggest trait that makes a coach great imo

Ok maybe I'll be the one that will defend the Clinton Coach a little. He is younger than the other 3 coaches. Battle was a good coach when he came to ED. When he came to ED he had a lot of talent the first couple of years but about the third year or so the bottom fell out talent wize. That's when I think he learned how to adjust and play to whatever his strength is and became a great coach in my opinion. If any of you remember Mott at James Kenan where he had loads of talent you can't tell me he's not better now than he was back then. He's learn to play to his strengths and fancy is not always better. As far as Northeastern coach I can't say just haven't seen him enough. Point is maybe some over a Clinton need to be a little more patient. He is winning most of the time.

What plays were you calling at age 31 and was it from the bleachers?
Docclown what are you talking about lol.... doesn't take a coach to see can't rub QB draw 4th and 10?? Clinton is a powerhouse, has tons of athletes all over the field. Under CJ control have choked every season.........

Docclown what are you talking about lol.... doesn't take a coach to see can't rub QB draw 4th and 10?? Clinton is a powerhouse, has tons of athletes all over the field. Under CJ control have choked every season.........
True but that’s still his youth.

Actually the qb draw is a very good play on 4th and long as long as there is a threat of throwing the ball. It appeared that Clinton was running qb power because the line was run blocking and not pass setting. There are not a lot of plays on the play sheet for 4th and long other than passes, so the draw works if blocked correctly.

• Haha
Actually the qb draw is a very good play on 4th and long as long as there is a threat of throwing the ball. It appeared that Clinton was running qb power because the line was run blocking and not pass setting. There are not a lot of plays on the play sheet for 4th and long other than passes, so the draw works if blocked correctly.
Could roll out qb and have several options.

You have to be being sarcastic? I've never in my life heard a QB draw 4th and long lol. Hopefully you don't even coach pee wee football, if so kids are in for a long year lol

You have to be being sarcastic? I've never in my life heard a QB draw 4th and long lol. Hopefully you don't even coach pee wee football, if so kids are in for a long year lol
Somehow I knew that would be your response and it is very obvious that you really do not know as much as you think you do about football and play calling. All you can do is belittle someone because you want to be the all knowing guru. Well, you can be the guru on here because the majority of people on here have never coached at a high level and you can try to sound smart, but you have no clue. If you read my post I gave you what to look for with the draw and what makes it work. Please bestow some of your knowledge to us...we are all waiting to hear your knowledge. By the way, when have you ever called a play in a real game?

• Haha
Could roll out qb and have several options.
That is a possible play call, but you can also run the draw and be very successful doing it. Clinton ran qb power with a lead block and not the draw. Two totally different plays. Not saying draw is best play to run, just saying it can be run with success.

Somehow I knew that would be your response and it is very obvious that you really do not know as much as you think you do about football and play calling. All you can do is belittle someone because you want to be the all knowing guru. Well, you can be the guru on here because the majority of people on here have never coached at a high level and you can try to sound smart, but you have no clue. If you read my post I gave you what to look for with the draw and what makes it work. Please bestow some of your knowledge to us...we are all waiting to hear your knowledge. By the way, when have you ever called a play in a real game?

Lol okay smart guy. I'm not gonna go back n forth with you. If you think a draw on 4th n long is a highly successful play, you might be drunk lol

That is a possible play call, but you can also run the draw and be very successful doing it. Clinton ran qb power with a lead block and not the draw. Two totally different plays. Not saying draw is best play to run, just saying it can be run with success.

No shit my guy. Tons of plays can be ran and can have success. Just saying doesn't seem like the best or first option to run a draw with the QB 4th n long. Played the DLine many moons ago and would be licking my chops 4th n long and run a QB draw that's all I'm saying

Lol okay smart guy. I'm not gonna go back n forth with you. If you think a draw on 4th n long is a highly successful play, you might be drunk lol
Why not...I want to hear your knowledge. Like I said, belittle people that may know more than you. Give me two plays that you would call...Let's talk football

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob and UNC_91
No shit my guy. Tons of plays can be ran and can have success. Just saying doesn't seem like the best or first option to run a draw with the QB 4th n long. Played the DLine many moons ago and would be licking my chops 4th n long and run a QB draw that's all I'm saying
Waiting to hear some of your knowledge. Let's talk football and play calling. Share some of your favorite 4th and 10 plays

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob and UNC_91
Are you drunk? Boatdude? Who is your team?
That's all you can do? I am wanting to talk real football with you and all you can ask is if I'm drunk and who my team is? No local team. Coached football in Texas for 30 years and now live on my boat and enjoy reading these ridiculous post from people who have no clue and run down the coaches all of the time. So, do you want to talk football or not? I'm very sober

That's all you can do? I am wanting to talk real football with you and all you can ask is if I'm drunk and who my team is? No local team. Coached football in Texas for 30 years and now live on my boat and enjoy reading these ridiculous post from people who have no clue and run down the coaches all of the time. So, do you want to talk football or not? I'm very sober

30 years in Texas lol my guy what are you doing on NC peeps? What school in TX? You coach 30 years and think QB draw on 4th n long is a good call? Geez my guy, what was your record as a coach lol 4-98?

I have no clue but at least I don’t hide it. I just try and add some excitement up here, some people need to loosen up and have some fun. I know our coach laughs at what I post. He knows what I’m doing and is just happy that myself and JamesDavis talk our conference and NE up here. Go Eagles 🦅 and congratulations to both Hertford and Camden Counties football 🏈 programs.

I have no clue but at least I don’t hide it. I just try and add some excitement up here, some people need to loosen up and have some fun. I know our coach laughs at what I post. He knows what I’m doing and is just happy that myself and JamesDavis talk our conference and NE up here. Go Eagles 🦅 and congratulations to both Hertford and Camden Counties football 🏈 programs.
You have no clue about what lol ? I bet coach does laugh at you, everyone else does as too lol. Go eagles? You stopped going to games and have no QB? How many wins NE getting this year?

Correct, we have no quarterback for the first time in many years. We’re in trouble and it’s going to take a heck of a coaching job to turn things around and have success with this group of young kids.

• Haha
Correct, we have no quarterback for the first time in many years. We’re in trouble and it’s going to take a heck of a coaching job to turn things around and have success with this group of young kids.
Don't remember NE ever having a QB as a threat? Am I missing something?

Actually 91, Boatdude is very knowledgeable and was a very successful HS coach in Texas. I've had the chance to chop it up with him about football and really enjoyed the conversation. We didn't run the QB draw much when i coached but we had a ton of success on Fullback draws both on 3rd and even 4th and long. Texas won a Natty killing teams with the QB draw when VY was there. We can all argue whether we think plays are good or not, but it comes down to personnel, style of play, and defensive tendencies.

Yes as always, when it comes to any team in the seven sounds area your hate blinds you. It doesn’t bother me but seriously you never say anything positive about any of the schools up this way. We’ve been blessed with 3 really good quarterbacks over the last 10 years. Aaron Harris (A&T), Dallas Hall (Hampton), and Gedari Liverman. The qb last year Deandre Proctor is at St. Augustine’s now with Freshwater. Just relax some with NE, we are no threat at all this season so you’ll have to steer your hate towards Hertford County.

Yes as always, when it comes to any team in the seven sounds area your hate blinds you. It doesn’t bother me but seriously you never say anything positive about any of the schools up this way. We’ve been blessed with 3 really good quarterbacks over the last 10 years. Aaron Harris (A&T), Dallas Hall (Hampton), and Gedari Liverman. The qb last year Deandre Proctor is at St. Augustine’s now with Freshwater. Just relax some with NE, we are no threat at all this season so you’ll have to steer your hate towards Hertford County.

Hall I believe only QB to actually play QB in college correct? No hate these are facts lol. Liverman was definitely by far the best player from NE but thought that was like 17 years ago lol Down east football totally different then that far corner stuff y'all call football lol

Hall I believe only QB to actually play QB in college correct? No hate these are facts lol. Liverman was definitely by far the best player from NE but thought that was like 17 years ago lol Down east football totally different then that far corner stuff y'all call football lol
NE success rate against the Down East football teams as you call it has been very good overall over the last 10 years. Two losses to Wrh with one being a shootout and one a bad loss. Would love to know what our winning percentage is against teams from Down East, I imagine it’s very good.

• Haha
NE success rate against the Down East football teams as you call it has been very good overall over the last 10 years. Two losses to Wrh with one being a shootout and one a bad loss. Would love to know what our winning percentage is against teams from Down East, I imagine it’s very good.
SWO has a .756 winning percentage all time lol. Top five ever in the state. Last year and this year definitely will hurt that percentage lol I mean SWO plays these powerhouse teams every year for like 30 years in a row lol. I know hard for you to believe, because of our recent struggle, for 30 years SWO was a team you had to go through to win the east.....

SWO has a .756 winning percentage all time lol. Top five ever in the state. Last year and this year definitely will hurt that percentage lol I mean SWO plays these powerhouse teams every year for like 30 years in a row lol. I know hard for you to believe, because of our recent struggle, for 30 years SWO was a team you had to go through to win the east.....
I agree, but I’m just saying that Northeastern has had no problem with any of the down east teams in some time now other than Wallace.

• Haha
I agree, but I’m just saying that Northeastern has had no problem with any of the down east teams in some time now other than Wallace.

Please explain which ones you have played on a regular basis? Play WRH ED JK Clinton back to back to back to back and NE would be 30 games under 500 in ten seasons lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT