ADVERTISEMENT

A.L. Brown vs. A.C. Reynolds’s Round 1

wonder07

Apr 13, 2021
Welp look like we’ll be headed back up to the mountains. Sure would be nice to play a playoff game less than 2 hours away for once lol.

I think this game will be much closer than most think. If I’m not mistaken the Rockets strength is their run game so hopefully our run defense plays like they have all season.

I'm actually gonna take the Wonders in a thriller by 24-21.

Fun game to watch I’m sure. If I was up that way I would consider watching this game. I never been to AC Reynolds stadium before.

They better play better then last night or they will get blowed out.

We are actually a very balanced offense. We have a 1400 yard rusher and 1300 yard passer who completed 70% of his passes for the year. Also we have a stout run defense who has given up roughly 500 rushing yards this year. I think both these teams mirror each other a lot so special teams (we have a very reliable kicker) and turnovers may be the deciding factor. I think it will be like a couple years ago, just less scoring.

We are actually a very balanced offense. We have a 1400 yard rusher and 1300 yard passer who completed 70% of his passes for the year. Also we have a stout run defense who has given up roughly 500 rushing yards this year. I think both these teams mirror each other a lot so special teams (we have a very reliable kicker) and turnovers may be the deciding factor. I think it will be like a couple years ago, just less scoring.
What time is the game.

How’s your pass defense?

I’ve heard game times at 7pm but subject to change. As for pass defense we are fairly good, we have a safety headed to Duke, and a pretty good pass rush. It’s not as strong as our run defense but it’s done the job so far.

Couple weeks ago I was thinking I would love to see AC Reynolds n Mooresville play each other in the playoffs. Now we see ACR playing ALB. Maybe one of these days it will happen. Out of curiosity how many fans will AC Reynolds stadium hold.

I just watched Reynolds play, They avg 40 a game and give up 9 a game. they seem to be alot like Mooresville with 2 backs, good team speed, average Qb with decent passing and special teams. Good on both the O and D lines, maybe not as big as mooresville in all spots but lean and fit, they do fly to the ball. They mirror Kann in alot of ways also, Depending on the weather, the 2hr ride up and which team shows up to play, i think its a 6-9 point game for Reynolds, they went 9-1, with 4 shutouts, and beat Shelby by 24 earlier this yr and the only lose was from a team in GA.

Last edited:
Couple weeks ago I was thinking I would love to see AC Reynolds n Mooresville play each other in the playoffs. Now we see ACR playing ALB. Maybe one of these days it will happen. Out of curiosity how many fans will AC Reynolds stadium hold.
AC REYNOLDS STADIUM

not sure of capacity, but here is a site with a rundown and great pics of stadium. We do have a new scoreboard and stadium lights since these pics were taken.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
We’ve had great crowds this year, so hopefully they will be out again Friday. I think last time we played was in the spring after covid, and things were just out of sorts for everyone.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
We’ve had great crowds this year, so hopefully they will be out again Friday. I think last time we played was in the spring after covid, and things were just out of sorts for everyone.
It’s hard to believe but it was 2018.

How can you by tickets for Friday. At the gate or online.

Reynolds by 14+. They are a solid team from top to bottom led by their defense and huge offensive line. Defense wins championships. They also are incredibly well coached and very disciplined.

This will be the first of 5 wins they get over the next 5 weeks as they represent the west in the 4A state championship. Just my opinion.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Reynolds by 14+. They are a solid team from top to bottom led by their defense and huge offensive line. Defense wins championships. They also are incredibly well coached and very disciplined.

This will be the first of 5 wins they get over the next 5 weeks as they represent the west in the 4A state championship. Just my opinion.
Bold statement lol

Not real sure who wrote this if they are a fan or just an observer but our OL is very good, but huge isn’t a word I’d use to describe them. Also to say we represent the west in the state title is a big stretch right now. We have to beat AL Brown, that’s ALL this team needs to think about.

Not real sure who wrote this if they are a fan or just an observer but our OL is very good, but huge isn’t a word I’d use to describe them. Also to say we represent the west in the state title is a big stretch right now. We have to beat AL Brown, that’s ALL this team needs to think about.

Someone that pulls for you just as much as you pull for us. Week 2 I saw it with my eyes. Thought man, this is a complete team.

Right...and the Panthers are going to win the Super Bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: onioncfb and nepsy7
Someone that pulls for you just as much as you pull for us. Week 2 I saw it with my eyes. Thought man, this is a complete team.
I definitely pull for your team as well but state title game, that’s gonnna be tough for us, but again 1 game at a time that’s all we can control right now.

I like it... a lot of Charlotte and Kannapolis fans don't like hearing that; but I tend to agree. I saw that ACR defense first hand and they are for real. The O-Line plays together extremely well.

Even though AC Reynolds will be a favorite in this game. Here are some Brian Simmons rankings.

SOS
AL Brown 36
AC Reynolds 109

BRIAN'S SIMMONS CONFERENCE RANKINGS
Greater Metro 4A 130.5
THE Mountain Athletic 106.7

Even though AC Reynolds will be a favorite in this game. Here are some Brian Simmons rankings.

SOS
AL Brown 36
AC Reynolds 109

BRIAN'S SIMMONS CONFERENCE RANKINGS
Greater Metro 4A 130.5
THE Mountain Athletic 106.7
And what does this mean?

I don’t care who’s favored or who has a tougher schedule…. I’m just ready for some playoff football!!! I’m real curious to see how well we travel Friday night.

Trust me, AL Brown traveled really well a few years back and our coaches remember it was a close game even though we were favorites. I guarantee you we will not overlook them this time. This team focused well this year on one game at a time and I’m sure they will now as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT