ADVERTISEMENT

57 yard live FG by Christopher Dunn (North Davidson)

Kicked Off

Sep 9, 2015
Hey fellow NC Prep faithful.....Just wanted to share this very short clip of Christopher Dunn’s FG this past Friday night for North Davidson. Some people reached out to me and I thought I could get it out this way as a lot of us don’t do Twitter, Facebook, etc. Anyway, hope you enjoy, I can promise you there was an awful lot of hard work behind the scenes these past 4 years to be able to take/make that kick. Appreciate Coach Flynn giving him the chance and great job by the entire team. A lot of moving parts in a FG attempt.

Great distance and accuracy! Most impressive thing about the kick was his trajectory. He got it off the tee and up quickly. A lot of long field goal attemptss are blocked because the kicker does not get the quick height on the ball.

great...but geez...I wish you had let the tape run a little longer to hear the crowd...sounded like they about to go nuts.....congrats...........................

Wow that's a great great kick. The kid from weddington a couple years ago was very impressive. But 57 Ol yea

Hey fellow NC Prep faithful.....Just wanted to share this very short clip of Christopher Dunn’s FG this past Friday night for North Davidson. Some people reached out to me and I thought I could get it out this way as a lot of us don’t do Twitter, Facebook, etc. Anyway, hope you enjoy, I can promise you there was an awful lot of hard work behind the scenes these past 4 years to be able to take/make that kick. Appreciate Coach Flynn giving him the chance and great job by the entire team. A lot of moving parts in a FG attempt.

Mr.Dunn it’s been a pleasure watching Chris kick especially last Friday night!!! You have something special in that young man. He’s a great young man as well. I didn’t attend North but my son does he looks up to Chris like a lot of the younger players do. Friday night makes you say it’s a Great Day to be a Black Knight.

WOLFPACK BABY!!!!!!!!!! What is the record in North Carolina??

What a great kick....Congratulations young man....

Per question the record is 61 yards.... Kicked by Cline Ingle of Burns against Shelby

I saw the state record broken three times in person

53 yards by Clint Gwaltney (Shelby)
58 yards by Tyler Ashe (Shelby against Burns)
then the one mentioned above by Cline Ingle (Burns against Shelby)

With that said, agree with Btango, great trajectory on this one... Kids got a great future

When I saw this on the High Point Channel 8 Friday night, I thought "WOW". Congrats to the young man.

Looks like the Pack has gotten the kicker they sorely need after the disaster of the past two years.

I'm not a N C State fan by any means, but GO PACK.

And the Wolfpack roundballers just upset #2 ranked Arizona!!:):):):)

Reactions: Wizard of the East
When I saw this on the High Point Channel 8 Friday night, I thought "WOW". Congrats to the young man.

Looks like the Pack has gotten the kicker they sorely need after the disaster of the past two years.

I was just hoping we kept it respectable tonight. Braxton Beverly with 20 pts? I wish i had a few grand to throw on that at vegas. Had to be a line on that, they bet on everything.

Shelby Lion....I’ve always wondered about Ingle. Did he go into college or do anything at the next level? Just curious, would love to know more about him if you know. Christopher’s 57 would have cleared it from 60, but that was it on that kick. He would love to try a longer one, but honestly don’t know this time if the year if 62 is going to happen unless he’s got a little wind at his back. Ball just doesn’t fly the same this time if the year..

Kicked

I don’t know I don’t think Ingle went on to play college ball but I’m not positive

Back in 1987 when we had Gwaltney (first and only year kicking for us) during warm ups he would hit them from 60-63 yards with room to spare ... I’ll never forget during warm ups opposing coaches would stand there and just watch him. The ball jumped off his foot unlike any kicker ive personally seen..

In the playoffs that year maybe against TC Roberson in what was almost a freezing rain Gwaltney attempted one from 62 or 63 yards ... line drive kick that was rotating side to side not normal .. it hit the cross bar and missed just barely

He made one from 50 in the semis to beat a very tough West Caldwell team

In regards to the Ingle record im getting old so I may not have the details exact but I think it was the first score of the game ! When he lined up we all thought not a chance !! He kicked it and it was like slow motion seemingly taking forever hanging in air ! When the referees threw their hands up even we cheered !!! Score ended up 49-3

Kid had a leg but again don’t know if he took it any further after high school

Best of luck to your boy I hope he gets a chance at 62 ;)

NC State damn sure need him!!!!!!!

That's amazing ! Congratulation to a talented athlete. A kicker with that range is a game changer.

The first time I ever saw a field goal of fifty yards or more by a high school kicker was at Shelby. The Golden Lions were hosting West Caldwell in either the quarterfinals or the western regionals and I think it was 1987.

The score was close, I can’t remember the numbers at the time but Shelby lined up for a field goal. I started counting and thought, “that’s fifty yards, there’s no way.” I knew they would do a hard count and try to get West Caldwell to jump offsides, and to make a field goal even less likely it was raining.

I noticed the Shelby fans began to get excited and I began to wonder if they really had a kicker that might, just might have a chance of making a fifty yard field goal, and in the rain, “you got to be kidding”, then about that time they snapped it.

The ball looked like a balloon sailing over the uprights, not through them, but over them. It looked surreal. It took me a moment to grasp it. I don’t think the West Caldwell fans could believe it. If I’m thinking right that won the game for them and they would go on to win the title against Williams high school from Burlington.

Sometime later I heard they had another kicker who made a field goal of fifty plus yards. It might have been Tyler Ashe. Then it seemed like another Cleveland County kicker would set a state record for longest field goal.

Teams are so fortunate to have standout kickers.

There have been some tremendous kickers come out of NC the last several years. Super impressive!!!! Some strong punters, also.

I went out to Oregon last year to watch Matt Wogan kick for the Ducks. He was a beast at Porter Ridge and his defense (the kick offs and punts) were a big reason for the team making back to back state finals in 4A. His leg strength was as good as I have seen but he did not have the accuracy. Very strong on kickoffs!

Tyler Lewis from Albemarle was a tremendously strong kicker and punter but to excel in college, especially D1, it takes a lot more than pure leg strength. In warmups he would consistenly hit from the 40 and 50 yard line but had low trajectory off the tee. He also was a weapon for Albemarle's three straight 1AA titles. Going 80 everytime against a scoring machine is tough to match.

great...but geez...I wish you had let the tape run a little longer to hear the crowd...sounded like they about to go nuts.....congrats...........................
The crowd did go nuts. The kick was at the horn for the 1st half, and it had been a ho-hum 1st half. The kick energized the crowd more than just about anything all year, and Chris got a huge ovation as the team left the field.

The 18 second mark of the ND - Ledford highlights shows it from behind the goal post.

http://myfox8.com/2017/11/17/highlights-from-fox8-friday-football-frenzy-playoffs-2nd-round-2/

Ryan Succop, former Hickory High star, is currently kicking for the Tennessee Titans.He recently had his record of 56 consecutive field goals made inside 50 yards snapped. He now holds that NFL record. A two time All State soccer performer in high school as well, Ryan could kick the air out of a football. Good luck to this young man going forward.

Arizona is usually overrated :)

Yeah, but even an "overrated" bunch like Arizona shouldn't be losing to a State team that lost a couple of their best players and have a first year coach.

As for Chris, the job is his to take as kicker at State. They have no one lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT