ADVERTISEMENT

(#3) South Columbus vs (#14) Greene Central

SCHS2011

Dec 12, 2015
Thoughts on the game? Haven’t played Greene in years..that I can remember if ever.

I'm pretty sure of two things, we have never played each other in football and that we will win the 1st meeting.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
They only lost 26-24 to undefeated Kinston and quite a few of their losses have been very slim, I wouldnt overlook them.

Reactions: SCHS 96
I'm not overlooking anyone, I just expect us to win. My thoughts and feelings have 0% effect on the outcome anyway.

Reactions: Orangecrush95
From what I've seen of them I would compare them to Whiteville. Not quite as much Speed as Whiteville but Talented. Have to keep their Qb in check. I'm certainly no expert though!..lol

We originally were to play Ayden-Grifton, who by looking at their match-up and similar opponents is a superior team. If we can't beat Greene Central then we are either severely over-rated or we play terribly and deserve to go home. Let's just be real here. Also, that same undefeated Kinston team beat North Lenoir 20-19. The same North Lenoir that is winless and is historically one of the worst teams in the state.

Last edited:
We originally were to play Ayden-Grifton, who by looking at their match-up and similar opponents is a superior team. If we can't beat Greene Central then we are either severely over-rated or we play terribly and deserve to go home. Let's just be real here.
IMHO, if we play like we did last night we might just be in for a long night against GC.

One game at a time, remember 2010ish Stallions go into the playoffs undefeated and bow out in the first round.

One game at a time, remember 2010ish Stallions go into the playoffs undefeated and bow out in the first round.

This south team is much different than that team, we had a stout defense in 2010 with a young offense and we got hit by the doubling up East Bladen 2 times in 4 weeks fish was still the head coach and that was my senior year. We had a total of 8 seniors on that team, this years team is loaded with seniors and a dominant offense. But it all starts with one game at a time.

Columbus Career and College Academy will have live video of the 1st round playoff game between Greene Central and South Columbus on the NFHS Network this Friday at 7PM.

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/south-columbus-high-school-tabor-city-nc/gamed0b2c2ea4

There is a fee to subscribe (9.99- goes directly to NFHS). Unfortunately, we cannot stream to any free outlets during the NCHSAA playoffs.

Audio will be carried on WZCO-89.9FM and WZCo_Org.

Heard Greene runs the option, that’s got me worried, we haven’t stopped the option since Willie Gore left. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Columbus Career and College Academy will have live video of the 1st round playoff game between Greene Central and South Columbus on the NFHS Network this Friday at 7PM.

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/south-columbus-high-school-tabor-city-nc/gamed0b2c2ea4

There is a fee to subscribe (9.99- goes directly to NFHS). Unfortunately, we cannot stream to any free outlets during the NCHSAA playoffs.

Audio will be carried on WZCO-89.9FM and WZCo_Org.

Kelly, will the game be able to be watched after the game has been finished

South-35 Greene-14 halftime. Offense is being dominant as usual, would like to see the defense step up in the 2nd half. Running back for Greene isn’t bad at all. Strong and fast, #7 is all over the field on defense for Greene

Reactions: SCHS 96
GC put up 28 on SC wow.......

Not sure why that’s a surprise, we’ve made it clear we had trouble stopping the option and that our defense was the weak point of our team. GC quarterback and both running backs were fast and strong.

Reactions: chipshot1
Not sure why that’s a surprise, we’ve made it clear we had trouble stopping the option and that our defense was the weak point of our team. GC quarterback and both running backs were fast and strong.

GC is not good at all LoL. You think their RB is fast and strong. SWO will show you how bad GC is. SWO by 21

I'm hearing SWO is bull of the woods in 2A . SC vs SWO will be the game to be at Friday night. They have beat Bertie down. Big line,big fast backs. So does SC. Better be at OK coral next Friday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT