ADVERTISEMENT

2A east projection (predicting this weeks games)

easternNCfan41

Jun 29, 2020
1princeton2east duplin
4whiteville3northeastern
5st pauls6cummings
8west craven7roanoke rapids
9south granville10wallace
12james kenan11washington
13holmes14clinton
16eastern wayne15kinston
17hertford county18north pitt
20east bladen19louisburg
21South Columbus22bartlett yancey
24north lenoir23SWE
25nash central26fairmont
28swo27midway
29goldsboro30east carteret
32camden31greene central

Last edited:
Latest bracket projection shows a potential 2nd round matchup of Clinton at East Duplin. The committee not doing the folks from ED any favors with that one so early in the tournament.

Reactions: UNC91
Committee has nothing to do with it. RPI based on season performance dictates where teams are seeded. Simple as that. Potential to be some great 2nd round games.

Reactions: sam and UNC91
That goes both ways
That’s not what I’m saying. Of course Clinton’s (as a lower seed ) second round opponent (if they make it that far) would be tough regardless. Just saying it’s about as tough of a 2nd round game you could have as one of the top overall seeds. No one is denying the strength of ED. I’d expect them to beat Clinton.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and oldway55
I
That’s not what I’m saying. Of course Clinton’s (as a lower seed ) second round opponent (if they make it that far) would be tough regardless. Just saying it’s about as tough of a 2nd round game you could have as one of the top overall seeds. No one is denying the strength of ED. I’d expect them to beat Clinton.
I agree with that. I know as well as anyone who's been the biggest thorn in East Duplins side over the last 25 years or so. Maybe see you in 2 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and sam
No game is a guaranteed win for any team but........clinton has to get by Hertford County and Wrh would have to get by West Craven before either could potentially play ED and that is if ED makes it that far as well.

• Love
Reactions: UNC91 and sam
No game is a guaranteed win for any team but........clinton has to get by Hertford County and Wrh would have to get by West Craven before either could potentially play ED and that is if ED makes it that far as well.
WRH is guaranteed to beat SWE.

Reactions: daagoob
@Otis4411 , don’t you go messing things up down in that lower pod and knock off those Duplin County schools. 🤣 Im worried your Eagles 🦅 are going to screw up everything 😂
I honestly ( maybe I shouldn't say this) want really know what we got until we play WRH. We have not really been tested in conference play. But we are a very physical team running the ball.

I honestly ( maybe I shouldn't say this) want really know what we got until we play WRH. We have not really been tested in conference play. But we are a very physical team running the ball.
Well I can promise you this, those teams down there aren’t the least bit worried about your Eagles. That defensive line of yours looked good but just how good I don’t know because SWE was just bad.

Well I can promise you this, those teams down there aren’t the least bit worried about your Eagles. That defensive line of yours looked good but just how good I don’t know because SWE was just bad.
I agree to that. It's been our problem in conference. It's why our rpi is so low. Just get by North Lenoir. We can't overlook them. We did that before looking ahead to Kinston and got beat. We can't make that mistake again.

It looks like gibberish after you posted it. Format is too close together. I guess it probably didn't look like that when you typed it, but this is what online forums do often times.
When you look at the bracket all these dummies broke it down into the top half and the bottom half and if you look at the top half where the number one seed is the 1 seed is the number always has to add up to be 33. so 1 and 32 gives you 33. 2 and 31 gives you 33 and if you look at the pattern going throughout the numbers it's just like the bracket will be set up. Anyway it's bracketology. Lol. No one cares.
I'm sure ED is as good as advertised, but how did they jump an undefeated NE team?
How did all these top programs end up in the same half of the bracket. NE,Clinton, ED, WC, WRH, and several teams from the same conference.

When you look at the bracket all these dummies broke it down into the top half and the bottom half and if you look at the top half where the number one seed is the 1 seed is the number always has to add up to be 33. so 1 and 32 gives you 33. 2 and 31 gives you 33 and if you look at the pattern going throughout the numbers it's just like the bracket will be set up. Anyway it's bracketology. Lol. No one cares.

How did all these top programs end up in the same half of the bracket. NE,Clinton, ED, WC, WRH, and several teams from the same conference.
That was my question as well. For years they have always pitted clinton wallace ED and anyone else from that area against each other. Those teams don't get too much exposure to teams far away as they have to knock each other out. The folks in charge are and have always been a bunch of IDIOTS!!!-

There is no pre conceived conspiracy by anyone to pit certain schools together. I get it that some say it might have been done in the past but it just isnt the case. How can anyone say "for years" when up until this year, ED was primarily a 2AA school and the others were 2A? Many years WRH and JK played in a regional final. Well, if they are the last two teams left, they have to play each other dont they?

This year it is all based on math. They even made the formula known and listed everyone's RPI. The seeding process is listed on the website so you can follow it. Outside of a team deciding to opt out, it is much easier for a fan if he has the time, to figure out who will be playing whom. Everyone is exactly where they are supposed to be seeded this year based on the way the seeding process is written.

I dont recall WRH ever playing ED in the playoffs and only possibly once (94 maybe) WRH played Clinton though I might be wrong on both.

I guess same people believe we didnt walk on the moon and the magic bullet theory too.

Ain't nobody ask for your Smart A$$ remarks Fence. I've been around a long time and the only good thing they have ever done was go back to the old way and cut out the split divisions. I really feel that I've been around longer and seen more than you have Fence.

• Haha
How good is that Cummings team? Maybe some west guys can answer that. I don't know but I could see them playing Northeastern in 3 round. If they are not to good Northeastern make the forth round fairly easily. In the bottom after round one it's tough ass road no matter which team gets there.

Ain't nobody ask for your Smart A$$ remarks Fence. I've been around a long time and the only good thing they have ever done was go back to the old way and cut out the split divisions. I really feel that I've been around longer and seen more than you have Fence.
Then give something specific to back up your claim. Seemed to have hit a nerve. Disprove anything in my post and I will gladly admit my mistake.

I think the association makes all kinds of foolish decisions but I don't believe they purposely seed teams bypassing published procedures.

• Haha
Everything I said in my post you act like I was lying and/or don't know what I m talking about and I Assure you that I do. Sometimes you come across as a kind of know it all like another poster on here.

• Haha
Not at all. Only offering a different opinion and take on your post. Opinions are not lies and can be taken as truth by whomever has the given opinion.

Debates are constructive most of the time.

• Haha
We’ll have our hands full with Holmes, they have Coach Hoggard and my friend Coach Mattera from Thomasville on the sidelines. Two very good coaches. What separates our teams is defense. Northeasterns defensive front is no joke, best I’ve ever seen here. Holmes has struggled in that department.
Little team in Whiteville might have something to say about that!!!

Reactions: daagoob
Little team in Whiteville might have something to say about that!!!
You guys take it easy on my Camden County kids. At least they’ll get out of school early. I know Whiteville is really good and so do our coaches. I posted up on another thread that they weren’t flying under the radar at all. Your kids are good and I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about your coaches. I would love us to have an opportunity to face your Pack for the eastern championship

There is no pre conceived conspiracy by anyone to pit certain schools together. I get it that some say it might have been done in the past but it just isnt the case. How can anyone say "for years" when up until this year, ED was primarily a 2AA school and the others were 2A? Many years WRH and JK played in a regional final. Well, if they are the last two teams left, they have to play each other dont they?

This year it is all based on math. They even made the formula known and listed everyone's RPI. The seeding process is listed on the website so you can follow it. Outside of a team deciding to opt out, it is much easier for a fan if he has the time, to figure out who will be playing whom. Everyone is exactly where they are supposed to be seeded this year based on the way the seeding process is written.

I dont recall WRH ever playing ED in the playoffs and only possibly once (94 maybe) WRH played Clinton though I might be wrong on both.

I guess same people believe we didnt walk on the moon and the magic bullet theory too.
I can recall multiple years where ED had very good teams and were pitted against Clinton in early rounds that lead to their demise.

I agree with the poster who rebuffs the idea of the NCHSAA seeding certain schools against another on purpose. It just does not happen. The NCHSAA is far from perfect and I am not opposed to additional oversight over some aspects of the organization but this does not happen.

Past playoff brackets are accessible on the associations website. Some of these are from the 70s and 80s when the matchups were predetermined based on conference finish. Example is #1 seed from conference A plays #3 from conference B. Winner plays the winner of #2 vs #2 or the like the next week. This was the process for all sports not just football.

Since previous poster and others earlier have mentioned Clinton and East Duplin, I did a little digging.

First playoff meeting i can find was in 1996 in 3rd round. Brackets were pre determined as mentioned above. Clinton was #1 from the East Central, ED was #2 from the East Central. No way this could have been avoided or planned.

The next year 1997, ED was #1 seed, Clinton #7 seed. They met in the regional final so that was also unavoidable.

2001, Eastern Final, again unavoidable.

2002, 3rd round, ED seeded #2, Clinton seeded #3. Appears that ED, Clinton and South Columbus were all undefeated so one can only assume a draw was held for the seedings.

2003, 1st round. Clinton is 7-3 and champ of their conference seeded #6 behind other conference champs who all have a better record. ED is 6-4 and appears to be seeded as a wild card. This is one that some could possibly point to as the NCHSAA matching them up. This is the only time I can find a first round matchup and ED won 9-7.

2005 2nd round. Clinton is a #3, ED is a #6. Clinton is a conference champ and it appears ED is the ECC 2nd place by virtue of a conference draw based on others being seeded behind them with better overall records.

2006 2nd round. ED is #2 and Clinton is #10. Clinton upsets Greene Central in first round.

I cannot find any additional playoff meetings between the two since 2006. This is due to being either A or AA, different side of brackets or one not qualifying. So, 15 years the conspiracy theory wasnt put to use for whatever reason.

So, it appears the teams have met seven times in the playoffs. Twice in Regional Finals (97 and 01), twice in Regional semis (96, 02), twice in 2nd round (05, 06), and once in first round (03). Only year one might could question would be 03 when it appears ED was seeded #11 for whatever reason. Again though, why would the state do that? Really think they are going to see much profit from a 2A playoff game in the first round??

I mostly read these postings and chuckle at the banter but when I read things that make me question things I can easily find, I get curious and see what I can find. In any event, good luck to all the teams this year. If ED and Clinton were to meet again this year it is simply because they both won their first round games, seeded correctly, based on the seeding criteria that was posted last spring. Not a conspiracy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT