ADVERTISEMENT

2A east projection (predicting this weeks games)

1princeton2east duplin
4whiteville3northeastern
5st pauls6cummings
8west craven7roanoke rapids
9south granville10wallace
12james kenan11washington
13holmes14clinton
16eastern wayne15kinston
17hertford county18north pitt
20east bladen19louisburg
21South Columbus22bartlett yancey
24north lenoir23SWE
25nash central26fairmont
28swo27midway
29goldsboro30east carteret
32camden31greene central
youre going to get a rude awakining at your winning percentage

Latest bracket projection shows a potential 2nd round matchup of Clinton at East Duplin. The committee not doing the folks from ED any favors with that one so early in the tournament.
is the committee suppose to be doing anyone any favores. If so have they done Clinton any in the past 2 years?

Reactions: UNC91
That’s not what I’m saying. Of course Clinton’s (as a lower seed ) second round opponent (if they make it that far) would be tough regardless. Just saying it’s about as tough of a 2nd round game you could have as one of the top overall seeds. No one is denying the strength of ED. I’d expect them to beat Clinton.
oh yeah? History doesnt go that way and today's times doesn't either. They're more highly ranked and seeded with just one less loss?

I honestly ( maybe I shouldn't say this) want really know what we got until we play WRH. We have not really been tested in conference play. But we are a very physical team running the ball.
nice when you get seeded well enough that you can go ahead a look to the 2nd round!😃

How good is that Cummings team? Maybe some west guys can answer that. I don't know but I could see them playing Northeastern in 3 round. If they are not to good Northeastern make the forth round fairly easily. In the bottom after round one it's tough ass road no matter which team gets there.
I'm from Burlington; Cummings plays absolutely no one

• Haha
Little team in Whiteville might have something to say about that!!!
Whiteville won't get to the 3rd round but then I don't know, that weak upper bracket, any number of them in the lower bracket could win there. If you get that far, which would be for the eastern championship; don't get your hopes up. You won't be playing teams as you beat in the regular season. Most conference champions won't for a while, but not all.

You guys take it easy on my Camden County kids. At least they’ll get out of school early. I know Whiteville is really good and so do our coaches. I posted up on another thread that they weren’t flying under the radar at all. Your kids are good and I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about your coaches. I would love us to have an opportunity to face your Pack for the eastern championship
who wouldn't; even the 1st round would be nice

Reactions: daagoob
I agree with the poster who rebuffs the idea of the NCHSAA seeding certain schools against another on purpose. It just does not happen. The NCHSAA is far from perfect and I am not opposed to additional oversight over some aspects of the organization but this does not happen.

Past playoff brackets are accessible on the associations website. Some of these are from the 70s and 80s when the matchups were predetermined based on conference finish. Example is #1 seed from conference A plays #3 from conference B. Winner plays the winner of #2 vs #2 or the like the next week. This was the process for all sports not just football.

Since previous poster and others earlier have mentioned Clinton and East Duplin, I did a little digging.

First playoff meeting i can find was in 1996 in 3rd round. Brackets were pre determined as mentioned above. Clinton was #1 from the East Central, ED was #2 from the East Central. No way this could have been avoided or planned.

The next year 1997, ED was #1 seed, Clinton #7 seed. They met in the regional final so that was also unavoidable.

2001, Eastern Final, again unavoidable.

2002, 3rd round, ED seeded #2, Clinton seeded #3. Appears that ED, Clinton and South Columbus were all undefeated so one can only assume a draw was held for the seedings.

2003, 1st round. Clinton is 7-3 and champ of their conference seeded #6 behind other conference champs who all have a better record. ED is 6-4 and appears to be seeded as a wild card. This is one that some could possibly point to as the NCHSAA matching them up. This is the only time I can find a first round matchup and ED won 9-7.

2005 2nd round. Clinton is a #3, ED is a #6. Clinton is a conference champ and it appears ED is the ECC 2nd place by virtue of a conference draw based on others being seeded behind them with better overall records.

2006 2nd round. ED is #2 and Clinton is #10. Clinton upsets Greene Central in first round.

I cannot find any additional playoff meetings between the two since 2006. This is due to being either A or AA, different side of brackets or one not qualifying. So, 15 years the conspiracy theory wasnt put to use for whatever reason.

So, it appears the teams have met seven times in the playoffs. Twice in Regional Finals (97 and 01), twice in Regional semis (96, 02), twice in 2nd round (05, 06), and once in first round (03). Only year one might could question would be 03 when it appears ED was seeded #11 for whatever reason. Again though, why would the state do that? Really think they are going to see much profit from a 2A playoff game in the first round??

I mostly read these postings and chuckle at the banter but when I read things that make me question things I can easily find, I get curious and see what I can find. In any event, good luck to all the teams this year. If ED and Clinton were to meet again this year it is simply because they both won their first round games, seeded correctly, based on the seeding criteria that was posted last spring. Not a conspiracy.
biggest crock of crap. I've read on here lately. Your'e looking at history backward.. Is the 1990 as far as you can go? What about the old Division II b/s; look dont tery to sell us the seeding process. Thdere are biases in the process. That the reason the legislature has steeeped in as well as the massive amout of $$$$$$$ they're sitting on for no good reason, but yes I know, theres a opposite opinion for everything.
As for ED a team that has just 1 loss less than Clinton possibly playing Clinton in the 2nd round. Clinton has a little tougher opponent in the 1st round but I can tell you if it happens, you know the history there is no place Clinton fans would rather play a playoff game better than Beaulaville!

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and SWE'98
And I thought I was a grouchy old man. You must sleep all day and then get up at midnight to post on here.

The RPI is what it is. it is based on criteria that was made public in the spring. There is no magic pencil with it. Clinton has no outstanding wins this year, they just dont. Midway? Red Springs? Who? Yes, we know the Duplin County schools "voted" Clinton out of the conference...lol. Yes, we know the WRH game was cancelled. Now, does this mean Clinton (or anyone else) cannot be successful in the playoffs? No, absolutely not. No one would be surprised if they made it to the 3rd round.

You seem to love to knock Whiteville. Based on the RPI (again, formula known since last spring for all to see) Whiteville and Clinton opponents rating was identical (.45194). The difference? Whiteville WON all their scheduled games, Clinton did not.

Clinton is seeded exactly where they are supposed to be based on the aforementioned seeding procedures.

No one is saying anyone should be given any favors. I think you are taking the statement out of context. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt Clinton seeded #2 last year (behind Reidsville)? 2019, you were the #1 seed in the region. What else do you want?

I will agree that I think WC is very capable of a deep playoff run. I have heard they have a great defense. They would be seeded much higher had they gotten off to a better start this year but seem to be playing at a high level now. I also agree that Cummings doesnt play anyone.

I honestly ( maybe I shouldn't say this) want really know what we got until we play WRH. We have not really been tested in conference play. But we are a very physical team running the ball.
Then u should be ok. Wrh can't stop a nosebleed on defense. Our only hope is out scoring folks

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Then u should be ok. Wrh can't stop a nosebleed on defense. Our only hope is out scoring folks
I expect Kevin to have the team fired up for a 2nd Rd game. I'm trying hard not to look past this weekend. It's sure hard to do!

Now goob i have to say i was thinking u guys would be favored to come out of the east- until i watched the currituck game. I don't know now.

Goobs got everyone on the hype train at NE. This has to be their year

biggest crock of crap. I've read on here lately. Your'e looking at history backward.. Is the 1990 as far as you can go? What about the old Division II b/s; look dont tery to sell us the seeding process. Thdere are biases in the process. That the reason the legislature has steeeped in as well as the massive amout of $$$$$$$ they're sitting on for no good reason, but yes I know, theres a opposite opinion for everything.
As for ED a team that has just 1 loss less than Clinton possibly playing Clinton in the 2nd round. Clinton has a little tougher opponent in the 1st round but I can tell you if it happens, you know the history there is no place Clinton fans would rather play a playoff game better than Beaulaville!

Calm down old man, put the bottle down or use spell check. Thanks for the inside novel you just wrote

Now goob i have to say i was thinking u guys would be favored to come out of the east- until i watched the currituck game. I don't know now.
I told John and Otis what happened the night of the Currituck game. You’d understand why it was as close as it was if you hear the story from one of them. Coach Moore said it was so crazy that all the players put on new socks at halftime lol 😂. He said at some point every team goes thru a game like that but fortunately for us we were able to secure the win

• Haha
I told John and Otis what happened the night of the Currituck game. You’d understand why it was as close as it was if you hear the story from one of them. Coach Moore said it was so crazy that all the players put on new socks at halftime lol 😂. He said at some point every team goes thru a game like that but fortunately for us we were able to secure the win
I figure there's prob 5-6 teams capable of winning the east. Yal certainly one of em

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Me personally I have no issue about our seeding bout what was expected. We knew what we needed to do to be one of the higher ranked teams and we didn’t deliver that’s ok. Everyone is 0-0 now and you have no choice but to play who’s in front of you. No system is perfect alway be questions,flaws and complaints but at the end of the day it’s this simple…win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT