ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NCPreps.com 2A Pre-Season Top 15 Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salsibury is ranked higher than I thought they would be. But I believe they still will be very competitive and have a good team.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
I see where Dudley is ranked preseason #1 in 3A.

Reidsville and Dudley went head to head and both scored the same number of Tds in a recent 7 on 7 competition at Carolina but Dudley won by converting more extra points.

Reactions: dogs79 and SHS LION
I see where Dudley is ranked preseason #1 in 3A.

Reidsville and Dudley went head to head and both scored the same number of Tds in a recent 7 on 7 competition at Carolina but Dudley won by converting more extra points.
Do y’all think the Rams can win the west

I think Monroe has the talent to be in top 5.
We'll see how the season plays out.
Thanks Dana,
You do a
great job with these ranking .

No ones going to think we can beat Shelby. Its really no point on saying anything about it.

Side note: We need to get the dudley game scheduled, maybe next year.
The Mule just bragged about y’all going toe to toe with the no.1 3A team in the state, Dudley, in 7 on 7. I took that as him putting us all on notice. Even though, I’m of the opinion that 7 on 7 holds no weight. I even cringe when other Shelby posters brag about a 7 on 7.

Heck, Burns whipped Mallard Creek a few years ago in 7 on 7 game. Burns did good to make the playoffs that year. MC went on to win the state championship. Enka would be hell every year, if 7 on 7 success meant anything. Shelby just destroyed South Pointe recently. Chopper would have given us hell for posting what Mule posted.

side note: it’s ridiculous that Reidsville and Dudley doesn’t play anyway.

Last edited:
The Mule just bragged about y’all going toe to toe with the no.1 3A team in the state, Dudley, in 7 on 7. I took that as him putting us all on notice. Even though, I’m of the opinion that 7 on 7 holds not weight. I even cringe when other Shelby posters brag about a 7 on 7.

Heck, Burns whipped Mallard Creek a few years ago in 7 on 7 game. Burns did good to make the playoffs that year. MC went on to win the state championship. Enka would be hell every year, if 7 on 7 success meant anything. Shelby just destroyed South Pointe recently. Chopper would have given us hell for posting what Mule posted.

side note: it’s ridiculous that Reidsville and Dudley doesn’t play anyway.

Yeah, I don't weigh 7 on 7 that high. That particular tournament was good competition for all the schools though.

I'm hoping Reidsville and dudley can get done for next year. I don't know how long the current schedule cycle holds. Its good we are playing page though, we've been wanting a dudley or page series for years.

@Chopper747 then, you have SHS Lion liking that post, and he’s usually the most pessimistic Shelby poster ever. “We still haven’t beat a good team yet” “Cherryville almost beat Shelby in ‘66”. This will be a tough game for the Lions”. Had a Shelby poster posted that, “Guys, it’s 7 on 7”.

Shelby beat Reidsville last season, and he’s just feeling good, after all the years of going back and forth, in here liking and commenting on any and everything those guys posts. It just doesn’t take all that. Had those guys won, Mule would be hitting us non stop with jabs, and reminding everyone of what happened. Be happy we won, and hope we can do it again, if our teams meet. The respect is mutual. No need for that extra chummy, buttering them up nonsense.

Last edited:
@Chopper747 then, you have SHS Lion liking that post, and he’s usually the most pessimistic Shelby poster ever. “We still haven’t beat a good team yet” “Cherryville almost beat Shelby in ‘66”. This will be a tough game for the Lions”. Had a Shelby poster posted that, “Guys, it’s 7 on 7”.

Shelby beat Reidsville last season, and he’s just feeling good, after all the years of going back and forth, in here liking and commenting on any and everything those guys posts. It just doesn’t take all that. Had those guys won, Mule would be hitting us non stop with jabs, and reminding everyone of what happened. Be happy we won, and hope we can do it again, if our teams meet. The respect is mutual. No need for that extra chummy, buttering them up nonsense.

OK Drama King :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79
No ones going to think we can beat Shelby. Its really no point on saying anything about it.

Side note: We need to get the dudley game scheduled, maybe next year.
I want to see Shelby and Reidsville play Dudley, especially Shelby.

I want to see Shelby and Reidsville play Dudley, especially Shelby.

Shelby and Dudley is a good one. Reidsville and dudley are close to each other and have a natural rivarly. Shelby would be better vs a charlotte school or sc school for proximity.

Shelby and Dudley is a good one. Reidsville and dudley are close to each other and have a natural rivarly. Shelby would be better vs a charlotte school or sc school for proximity.
They're too chicken to play any school in Meck cty. Burns and Crest have bigger acorns than Shelby when it comes to that. They play a S.Carolina school when that school is having a down year, so when they keep the score close they can beat their chest and purr as loud as possible.

Now, they will spend a fortune and pay premium gas to go further away up the mountains for easy W's.

Reactions: UNC91 and New3ra
They're too chicken to play any school in Meck cty. Burns and Crest have bigger acorns than Shelby when it comes to that. They play a S.Carolina school when that school is having a down year, so when they keep the score close they can beat their chest and purr as loud as possible.

Now, they will spend a fortune and pay premium gas to go further away up the mountains for easy W's.
They should go ahead and make that move to Meck cty or to Dudley even if it’s farther. True power house programs try to play the best of the best. As much as Shelby wins, that non conference schedule should be stacked.

• Haha
None of it makes sense to me. Dudley, Reidsville and Grimsley are all good programs currently and all avoid one another but play common opponents such as page that are down right now.

LOL. Everyone is talking about Shelby's weak schedule, but all they do is win state championships every year, seemingly running through the playoffs dragging every team in their path.

LOL. Everyone is talking about Shelby's weak schedule, but all they do is win state championships every year, seemingly running through the playoffs dragging every team in their path.
That is exactly why we are talking about them actually playing great teams.

• Haha
Had to interrupt my workout to respond to this blasphemy. South Pointe had a down year, yet they went 13-1, and won the state championship. Make it make sense, Chop.

:D
It was a weak field

Just yanking your chain

That said, I don't get the fascination with mountain games which are further away than SC or Charlotte.

To be fair it didn't seem like Mallard Creek for example had any interest in playing Shelby.

To be fair it didn't seem like Mallard Creek for example had any interest in playing Shelby.
Mallard Creek always schedules great programs in their non conference. I mean this coming up year they have the hardest non conference schedule in the state. Maybe it was the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT