ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

We always traveled well many times out numbering the home side has been as good as it was before covid. Not sure with it at UNC a little further to travel but the last and only state championship we've been in at Wake Forest they estimated we had around 7,500 not bad for a county of 15,000. The most probably for a local away game was at Mtn Heritage we had around 4,000.
That's awesome. That usually happens for tarboro to sometimes we go to schools where we usually outnumber the home team lol. Hopefully yall will bring more this time around. I'm kind of surprised they don't use Wake Forest more for state championship games I think it's a great venue for a high school football state title game

About how many people total were at this game?
I'm not sure last year I believe the home side was allowed 1,500 ticket because of covid which was supposed to be 50% but I believe it will hold more then 3,000 I believe Robbinsville had anyway from 500 to 700 just guessing from the looks of it.

Reactions: Ice-cube
That's awesome. That usually happens for tarboro to sometimes we go to schools where we usually outnumber the home team lol. Hopefully yall will bring more this time around. I'm kind of surprised they don't use Wake Forest more for state championship games I think it's a great venue for a high school football state title game
Well they only used it in the past because of the 8 championships because before they went to that when it started it was just UNC because it's a state school Wake is private. But NC State as a state school wanted in on it because there is recruiting possibilities at these games. So I'd say as long as it stays just 4 championships it'll stay at NCSU.and unc.

Well they only used it in the past because of the 8 championships because before they went to that when it started it was just UNC because it's a state school Wake is private. But NC State as a state school wanted in on it because there is recruiting possibilities at these games. So I'd say as long as it stays just 4 championships it'll stay at NCSU.and unc.
I still hate it though because it was a good site. I wonder if Duke would want to host one one year

Again same issue Duke is private. State and UNC isn't going to relinquish the games to anyone else I don't believe as long as there's just 4 and if they went back to 8 their still going to have their part.
See I'd love to see it rotate every other year. Like one year have it at UNC and NC State and then the next year have it at Duke and wake Forest. Can't see that happening but I'd love to see it

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I agree. Colleges like Elon, UNCC, NC A&T ect, would make better atmospheres than Carter Finley and Kenan. Even Wake isn't too bad. Easy parking and access
Tennessee just finished up yesterday. They do theirs at one site. Starts on Thursday with the 3 private school divisions. Friday they played 1a,3a, and 5a. Saturday they played 2a,4a, and 6a. This year they played the games at UTC in Chattanooga.

To me if tarboro wins this game it's going to come down to whether we stop Mitchell's quarterback. It would not surprise me in the least bit if this is a shootout. But one thing about this tarboro team they have been battle tested this year including tonight. So I will give my score prediction for this game Friday going to need to look at some more information first on Mitchell before I make a decision
They won't stop that Tarboro T

To me if tarboro wins this game it's going to come down to whether we stop Mitchell's quarterback. It would not surprise me in the least bit if this is a shootout. But one thing about this tarboro team they have been battle tested this year including tonight. So I will give my score prediction for this game Friday going to need to look at some more information first on Mitchell before I make a decision
How many times have you seen a game between two run offenses referred to as a possible shootout? That's usually reserved for two pass happy spread offense teams.

Reactions: Purple1995
I just hope I feel better by Saturday. Runny nose ,coughing my head off. And yes I had a covid test infact two a rapid and the best one that they send in to double check and both negative. Seems there's a sinus viral going around the country, my son-in-law in VA has it both my daughter's know people with it one all the way in AZ. My doctor office said some people having it for 3 weeks
Yep got it too

I guess thing is we'd have more people travel then that the years we won just a few games. But I don't know it's was the Eastern championship. Photos from last night. I guess I can show them since it not for commercial use they gave so many warnings last night about taking pictures or videos.
k93yZ9bTSBHTUUNk_myZxLJsrHbqD1sl09v2Q4W39Wm16omWAUwIHxGeOnJ5rw4TaSZKTaWksONRVi7rBLY-7jbcqu5x7rdY5kFqRDLHgwZxhzfMc6zCxih-DubKKOpfm18N26CS1GfIGh8UjiqvAqOxXgL3XV1yrp3qNW3TBW2XLGoV2PDVpIOSE1_W0gWsFEda0BCdlGQtN2hW77Y4Yxq0EAI8ODj-6dDO7c7DnPARiJrq4gGPNxLGnF9bmg-QL9_hMaQKWfI9CV4km4zLsdoaa-Je81-hHJxD0qC2QUB5wkEc5DjzCVErC5Vjdz6wDk66l-sdDgTiXkYXr7cU6IYqD2nyfmECypwjfMa0TO4xpgvt5IdGAnR0ck7CCFPWr8Cmtalb_ysiF0pnqPzM0DcXi8cIiKzXhS2a6G7xNaxbxbMaHqiQWsw6iitdaqDgqsxjbB9md8zdZulFYDblf9Tts8w12tqa0TIOnS6GGqoIFRdcaee8s8jUV2euT9Ate4dFcFa1-KrLoXDELfKoykpTieaPi8wo3fa0mTyVdJjK9dHbtpkI0baDl7RUohZfMDBIoB_EklxBQyCma3OPPoFWV_2nd-SDWmn9p3trP2oq5tVNkbuxXVYF8woVqt9qYKg1Lc28ARJpqjsSM5DSU9535-xsiwpiRvApjtFB5x-msrYNj5kE5Oyrvn4KEWjm3PZckcij4jpiQToE2PTwIvI3=w1080-h800-no
cRLISPj1hVW0rUohLSvY3icsS68RVoMsfB3ceumx7ozKqtig0Zew93vwhS8jWkHo61apsoQJMZMzixvyUT7MmPAa12ksVthesBJsPnF87LRf1P197ifUlQ-W84H1YOhNyafvES9KZ0xyUBBmtaudrpcHn8Hvk1Jexs_uduZWFS3CYX_-SkaQd95PkBQt8qJRkRJq6YNhqBpWLsgG5q6MiwtWveYRo-FzO-C-DIcdUNKQ4pou5Xf0oodaEA-aG7mNQPaBHbVOOuDK2cdIv_O9zIpCurBspvTFkYAKmsVvfOvakEWI6cZgSYOhvsSJiSOzyeMLjdV4gq81iWa2rLW4GZOZV7EMr_U_da5VhXKBZSRkQXRFEhL_yZe9zUvkgt5V56YvB71W0RgKxwjOSAMQe6gu-k4P0-ghr25AJpAz717ibbzlIvxDjQMZCkprEKTlB_S2XlBQpwMytqj3KZA81_oWRAExy6kvUMud_cmVuc12eKW8tU3dFId9jSyVs2xEsxe_H3Sx9cKcT_Y2VYHu75UBbGI9vLVsGnMC-c3r4B97VRAEf4S6VBSPIObK4UhCOmMa099WO8gepu7kqSoV0Pf-aj_rAZ3GB4X9Dm7Zq9RzNUfgokZfpGbd4cMKhXGomMLJIN5TRldWcrYbAa0BoCLVmTUGuUaglu6c2DnZdkb4Dk8bCsUA7RhS847UcmF3-CiwhMMJsD7imAraME7ZtqQG=w1080-h832-no
I was there somewhere..

The less the passing game, the better chance that team will have to declare victory.

Could be that's really hard to say, I know Mitchell won but MA was really athletic D but as I've said before it'll come down to wether or not the line makes holes for him or whoever is carrying the ball and if they can protect him if they do pass.
Mt airy was the team to get it done and did not think of it as a early Christmas present there were no super heros on that team we just didn't take care of business

Mt airy was the team to get it done and did not think of it as a early Christmas present there were no super heros on that team we just didn't take care of business
Better defense than Robbinsville by quite a bit, but Robbinsville played classy and smart. Mt. Airy has some great athletes but that doesn’t always translate into a win.

So I just finished up watching 3 Mitchell games this weekend. Lake Norman, Andrew’s, and Robbinsville.

The QB is tough - the closest comparison we’ve seen this year is Northampton as far as style of offense and designed QB runs out Of the shotgun. Northampton QB was a little bigger (6’1 230lbs) but the Mitchell QB is a better passer and just as good of a runner.

Mitchell will definitely be bigger than Tarboro on the line - but I think Tarboro will have a little more speed. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out on Saturday.

Just my opinion, but I think this game has a better chance of being a defensive battle rather than a shootout.

So I just finished up watching 3 Mitchell games this weekend. Lake Norman, Andrew’s, and Robbinsville.

The QB is tough - the closest comparison we’ve seen this year is Northampton as far as style of offense and designed QB runs out Of the shotgun. Northampton QB was a little bigger (6’1 230lbs) but the Mitchell QB is a better passer and just as good of a runner.

Mitchell will definitely be bigger than Tarboro on the line - but I think Tarboro will have a little more speed. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out on Saturday.

Just my opinion, but I think this game has a better chance of being a defensive battle rather than a shootout.
No one can mess around with this QB. That's the truth

this team would have been competitive but does not have the depth or size to take 2A. WRH and Northeastern rule the 2A east at this time.
Princeton, ED, Whiteville, St Paul’s were no joke this year as well...matter of fact Princeton and ED both would have beat NE this year

Tarboro will not be fazed by the moment due to being there, they will do what they do, Mitchell will need to be really disciplined on D and tackle well. On offense it will come down to what it always does line play and no turnovers. I love the way our line has played for weeks now having them all healthy and in the right spots has made a huge difference. Ty has played well but he is the first one to say it's on the line and lead blockers.. He's a great kid and such a competitor. I think this will be a doozy of a game and can't wait. And we are the underdogs!! 😁

Tarboro will not be fazed by the moment due to being there, they will do what they do, Mitchell will need to be really disciplined on D and tackle well. On offense it will come down to what it always does line play and no turnovers. I love the way our line has played for weeks now having them all healthy and in the right spots has made a huge difference. Ty has played well but he is the first one to say it's on the line and lead blockers.. He's a great kid and such a competitor. I think this will be a doozy of a game and can't wait. And we are the underdogs!! 😁
Crack your window and see if you smell cologne my sweet wife bought me a sampler kit I have been outside spraying it all evening seeing which ones I like the best lol

Princeton, ED, Whiteville, St Paul’s were no joke this year as well...matter of fact Princeton and ED both would have beat NE this year
Sadly there was a bunch of would have. I saw teams that should have advanced farther but didnt..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT