ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Weddington

I am very curious as to exactly what is being offered by the privates and who is footing the bill. My guess is wealthy alumni, parents, or supporters (that may or may not own businesses) are willing to pay the tuition (is if needed), housing, transportation, and a nice financial supplement. Businesses that have connection to the school or relationships with those that do are willing to provide employment opportunities for the parent(s).

I do not like it for Reidsville or any other small town or community style school but I support families and student athletes that do what is best for themselves.

Bishop Gorman in Vegas, IMG in Florida, and several other elites around the country, spend tons of money on sports, and I don't believe they sell a huge number of tickets. IMG, in particular, gets players from all over the country, and they get the money somewhere(?)

I don't know if these schools started with a master plan from Day 1, or if they just evolved into what they are today.

A good writer, who was willing to do a lot of detailed research, could write an interesting book about the subject.

Last edited:
Bishop Gorman in Vegas, IMG in Florida, and several other elites around the country, spend tons of money on sports, and I don't believe they sell a huge number of tickets. IMG, in particular, gets players from all over the country, and they get the money somewhere(?)

I don't know if these schools started with a master plan from Day 1, or if they just evolved into what they are today.

A good writer, who was willing to do a lot of detailed research, could write an interesting book about the subject.
I was thinking the same thing here. Feels like this topic with a little investigative reporting would make a great story..Not just with the privates but how are all these kids ending up at Weddington or Indy.

I was thinking the same thing here. Feels like this topic with a little investigative reporting would make a great story..Not just with the privates but how are all these kids ending up at Weddington or Indy.
They are showing up at Indy and weddington the same way they use to show up at mallard creek and vance 5-10 years ago…residency changes

If you read the stories from 2008, you will get a great insight on how this stuff happens. It may be 16 years later, but the story hasn't changed.

If you read the stories from 2008, you will get a great insight on how this stuff happens. It may be 16 years later, but the story hasn't changed.
Think it's more legal and intentional now TBH. Folks are doing it as 9th graders and coaching changes and trainers have mire influence. It was the 2007 season that had lots of transfers

They are showing up at Indy and weddington the same way they use to show up at mallard creek and vance 5-10 years ago…residency changes
Its wild how the power dynamic has returned to the south. Is this the last season of the current classifications? I want to see how the adm numbers impact everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT