ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Hertford County vs #15 Clinton RD1

HC has a 4th and 8 our defense hasn’t failed well in this position……. We stopped them wow turnover on downs

Very important 2 point conv play no good that could loom large. 42-36 Clinton 11:08 left

Hertford scores on QB keeper…..2 point conv pending….it’s good…48-44 6:44 left in game

Clinton starts off behind the sticks 12 men on the huddle first 2 plays HC holds well now Clinton have 3rd and 14…….Clinton converts but a holding call….now 3rd and 24 geesh

Alil nervous defense is gonna have to win the game looks like…..do they have one more stop left in them…..

4th and 10 for HC…..this may be your ballgame….incomplete Clinton takes over on downs

Big penalty on HC late hit on the QB after he slide add on 15….Smith had the first down

Defense stepped up made 4 big stops 2 ints and 2 Turnover on downs late in the game…..offense delivered big plays…..what a game by Wilson well over 200 yards rushing and maybe close to over 100 yards receiving with 5 total TDs….defense stepped up and your seniors delivered Wilson,Smith, and Morrisley

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and sam
Big defensive stops in the 2nd half won it. Everybody scoring Hertford County was a very good teamThe Horses are tough offensively, they showed their grit when it counts for the fist time this season
Let net tell you, you could tell HC had every intention of beating the Horses tonight but the Horses came from behind at the midpoint of the game and maintained their composure
Go DarkHorses!

Reactions: daagoob
Thing I’m most happy bout tonight is when the game was on the line the defense stood strong. First time in a close game vs a worthy opponent that should be a big confidence boast going forward finally made some of those 50/50 plays we will definitely need it next week

We told everyone this was the game, congratulations
Well I think the Conference you guys are in is without question the toughest 2A conference in the East in fact it’s not even close . A lot of teams would have 4 losses with HC, schedule, I mean some highly seed teams would
I remember the Ahoskie days of Timmy Newsome and Sam Harrell. They have a history of competiveness that goes quite a ways back

• Wow
Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I thought it would be close HC was very explosive on the offensive side of the ball….that QB will be load to deal with next two years and big #11 was a playmaker he will be back too they will have a solid squad next year aswell
2 years, oh my!!!!!!!! And #11 too!:eek:

Well I think the Conference you guys are in is without question the toughest 2A conference in the East in fact it’s not even close . A lot of teams would have 4 losses with HC, schedule, I mean some highly seed teams would
I remember the Ahoskie days of Timmy Newsome and Sam Harrell. They have a history of competiveness that goes quite a ways back
Really Wiz? ECC just sent 4 to second rd.

On a side note, Coach Hunt’s little brother finally got to see him win a game. Word is, they considered ordering us out of the stadium at halftime. The curse is over.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I’m very glad you guys won. I have no love for HC. They’re just a fellow conference team and that’s it. I was going to this game but I couldn’t leave work in time. My wife had Clinton punched in the gps and it had us arriving at 7:20 where as Princeton had us arriving at 6:40. Even though I missed a classic I still had an awesome time at Princeton. That field is absolutely gorgeous, blue and yellow astro turf. Also met a Princeton poster up here who just reads the threads and knew I was there. He reached out to me and we hung out and had a good time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT