ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Hertford County vs #15 Clinton RD1

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
And so it begins 2021 2A playoffs crazy how fast the season went by always does it seems. Clinton will welcome Hertford County Bears to Darkhorse Stadium Friday evening in what looks to be a very competitive match up to start things out. HC comes in with a record of 7-3(4-2) finished 3rd in that Northeastern Coastal Conference that features Northeastern and Holmes. HC’s 3 loses came from Tarboro 33-18 Northeastern 28-6 and Holmes 48-38. I know it’s no such thing as a good loss but those are 3 very good teams they lost too. Stat wise looks like a balance attack sophomore QB good size 6’2 220 and can run as well. Looks like they spread it around nicely 5 players listed with atleast 200 yards receiving…main RB looks to have between 800-1000 yards depending if the stats have been updated overall just looks like a solid opponent we better come ready to play.

Im sure Goob can give a more accurate breakdown of HC since they played his Eagles

For Clinton you come into this game winning your last 3 albeit 3 games you were suppose to win but still happy with way team performed offense continues to be efficient senior QB Blake Smith has probably played his best football these last 4 games including in the St. Pauls loss. Defensively the intensity and energy has been better. They will need it Friday night vs a talented and balanced group from Hertford County. I’m not real big on simply trying to outscore opponents these the type of games your defense has to help you out and make some stops. Don’t think you have a successful playoff run taking the Chip Kelly/Mike D’Antoni approach.

should be a fun one Friday looking forward to some input and more insight about HC. Thoughts and predictions

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
And so it begins 2021 2A playoffs crazy how fast the season went by always does it seems. Clinton will welcome Hertford County Bears to Darkhorse Stadium Friday evening in what looks to be a very competitive match up to start things out. HC comes in with a record of 7-3(4-2) finished 3rd in that Northeastern Coastal Conference that features Northeastern and Holmes. HC’s 3 loses came from Tarboro 33-18 Northeastern 28-6 and Holmes 48-38. I know it’s no such thing as a good loss but those are 3 very good teams they lost too. Stat wise looks like a balance attack sophomore QB good size 6’2 220 and can run as well. Looks like they spread it around nicely 5 players listed with atleast 200 yards receiving…main RB looks to have between 800-1000 yards depending if the stats have been updated overall just looks like a solid opponent we better come ready to play.

Im sure Goob can give a more accurate breakdown of HC since they played his Eagles

For Clinton you come into this game winning your last 3 albeit 3 games you were suppose to win but still happy with way team performed offense continues to be efficient senior QB Blake Smith has probably played his best football these last 4 games including in the St. Pauls loss. Defensively the intensity and energy has been better. They will need it Friday night vs a talented and balanced group from Hertford County. I’m not real big on simply trying to outscore opponents these the type of games your defense has to help you out and make some stops. Don’t think you have a successful playoff run taking the Chip Kelly/Mike D’Antoni approach.

should be a fun one Friday looking forward to some input and more insight about HC. Thoughts and predictions
I spoke on this game in another thread and said I see it as a toss up. This is going to be a shootout. I love the Qb at Clinton, he’s really good. Hertford County is loaded with athletes but they will have to be at their best to win at Clinton. They lost in a shootout last night against a very good Holmes team.

Clinton playing there best going into playoffs. Defense is better than the 500 yd rushing nite they gave up against St Paul's. Clinton wins by 14+

Is Hertford County the old Ahoskie?
I’m not 100% but I would say yes. It’s the only high school in Ahoskie/Murfreesboro area aside from a private school (Ridgecroft). You have Bertie,Gates,and Northampton in the surrounding counties.

I’m not 100% but I would say yes. It’s the only high school in Ahoskie/Murfreesboro area aside from a private school (Ridgecroft). You have Bertie,Gates,and Northampton in the surrounding counties.
Yes it is the old Ahoskie

What a great 1st round matchup!!! I think in the end, Clinton is at home and has the weight of program history on their side. It's close...but not enough for HC. 42-38 Clinton.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Yea. We use to play them in football when I was a kid. Our school was Farm Life High Red Raiders. We had a RB named Roland Hooks some of the older guys would remember.

Reactions: daagoob
Ahoskie has played Clinton before for the east Championship. Ahoskie won 7 to 0 if I remember. Ahoskie had San Harrell as the QB and he broke off a 70 yard run late in the game. He went on to star at ECU and played in the NFL. Ahoskie played Ragsdale for for the state championship in Ragsdale and got beat bad. I remember it's a long drive to Clinton from Ahoskie. Clinton fans were nice and the place was packed

One thing i would like to see for this playoff run is the handcuffs taken off Jakwon Wilson. I get trying to save him for defense and not sure if he has any lingering effects from his injury in the spring but he is a bellcow ballcarrier with big play protential every time he touches the ball. With him in the backfield d coordinators have to respect the run more then when the smaller backs are in the game. Him running ball helps open up the pass game and vice versa hope to see a healthy dose of #24 Friday feed him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT