ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Hertford County vs #15 Clinton RD1

I think its too clear for that.
Otis I know you a older guy you do know how screen recording with a cell phone works right? I’m not talking about actually recording it with the camera on your cellphone…..it’s basically like taking a screenshot but instead it’s a video…….but I’ll ask the guy in the morning how he captured it

Look closely has the NFHS logo in the top corner so either that or they were watching on TV or tablet and recorded it with phone……I’ll ask him in the morning.
If its a phone its much better than mine. I could see it was NFHS There are ways to capture video. I was just wondering how you did that.

Ahoskie has played Clinton before for the east Championship. Ahoskie won 7 to 0 if I remember. Ahoskie had San Harrell as the QB and he broke off a 70 yard run late in the game. He went on to star at ECU and played in the NFL. Ahoskie played Ragsdale for for the state championship in Ragsdale and got beat bad. I remember it's a long drive to Clinton from Ahoskie. Clinton fans were nice and the place was packed
1982; I remember that game well

Clinton got beaten pretty soundly by an below average to average Ledford team that doesn't have that many athletes. Hertford County by 10+
Who has HC actually beaten? Best victory came against who…5-5 Currituck County? Yeah we flamed out late in the game vs Ledford and same for St. Pauls game a couple 50/50 plays and a couple tackles and completely different story. If Clinton can find consistency on the defensive side of the ball they are a tough out. Guess we will find out Friday

HC is pretty good and has athletes. If Clinton thinks they will easily beat them they will get ran off the field. Easily the best 2A game in round 1.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I think most people believe it will be a competitive game haven’t seen anyone claiming blowout or easy win

You said "Who has HC actually beaten? Best victory came against who…5-5 Currituck County?"

I figured you were saying that

• Haha
You said "Who has HC actually beaten? Best victory came against who…5-5 Currituck County?"

I was responding to post above and other post about us not playing or beating anyone

• Haha
I like Clinton in a close game. If this game went to ot it wouldn’t surprise me. Two very evenly matched teams. Also that Currituck team is better than their record. They took us to the final seconds two weeks ago before we prevailed at 38-30 and they almost knocked off a very good Holmes team Friday night. They have a very good rb that will test the Darkhorse defense. They will mix things up some with their 6’5 qb throwing the ball to his big receivers but Foster carries most of the load. This is should be an awesome game.

Clinton by 30+ blow out city. Clinton isn't great this year but Currituck is shit been shit always be shit

Think that got taken out of context quick….y’all know were not playing Currituck I was just stating that’s HCs best win

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: daagoob
I had a memory lapse lol. Damn I got all sidetracked. I literally just looked and was like WTH did I just post. My bad, but Currituck was a tough opponent for ourselves and Holmes
You stayed up to long last night posting on here.

Clinton got beaten pretty soundly by an below average to average Ledford team that doesn't have that many athletes. Hertford County by 10+
uh, Max Preps had Ledford ranked #1 in 3A Westt when we played them and they had a D1 running back and D! wide receiver. That's below average. Soundly? Clinton led in the 4th qtr in both of their losses. Maybe you need to check your facts a little more and not just be a hater.

Reactions: Otis4411
HC is pretty good and has athletes. If Clinton thinks they will easily beat them they will get ran off the field. Easily the best 2A game in round 1.
Well think about it TD08, there are two middle schools in the bracket. If the seeding is correct shouldn't that reflect a pretty even game?

well, isn't that a fact? The same could be said for Clinton, who has Clinton beaten, the best team Midway. But in Clinton's two losses to ranked teams, they led in the 4th te. Sometimes things happen like in the 1sr round of Clinton's playoff last year, but that was last year. Winning 3 consecutive ECC conference championships was the past 3 seasons including this past spring. Not much has changed. The DarkHorses will be prepared and ready

uh, Max Preps had Ledford ranked #1 in 3A Westt when we played them and they had a D1 running back and D! wide receiver. That's below average. Soundly? Clinton led in the 4th qtr in both of their losses. Maybe you need to check your facts a little more and not just be a hater.
Hate? On lil Clinton? Stop. So you think at any part of the season Ledford was the #1 3a school in North Carolina? I'm asking you not Maxpreps. So you think Ledford is better than Dudley, West Charlotte, Kings Mountain, Crest, Statesville?? I could keep going. Get it together dude. Trust me. It's nothing to hate about Clinton. I just call it how I see it. #1 3a school Ledford lol. Don't even sound right

• Haha
Sadly I will miss the next 3 weeks. Work sending me to California till 17th, leaving Sunday and I have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow night, so hopefully my horses can make it to regional final so I can get back in the booth otherwise RD will be calling it possibly alone or with the great Coach Sawvel. I’ll be listening from California though. Go horses!

Sadly I will miss the next 3 weeks. Work sending me to California till 17th, leaving Sunday and I have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow night, so hopefully my horses can make it to regional final so I can get back in the booth otherwise RD will be calling it possibly alone or with the great Coach Sawvel. I’ll be listening from California though. Go horses!
Oh that sucks but at least u get to travel and see the country. I think your horses will win in a close one.

Reactions: Darkhorse04
Who has HC actually beaten? Best victory came against who…5-5 Currituck County? Yeah we flamed out late in the game vs Ledford and same for St. Pauls game a couple 50/50 plays and a couple tackles and completely different story. If Clinton can find consistency on the defensive side of the ball they are a tough out. Guess we will find out Friday
Hince, why Wilson stays on defense.

Hince, why Wilson stays on defense.
He can play at a high level on both sides of the ball. I can start listing off former players who excelled on both sides. Imagine if Herbert Dixon or Leonard Henry only played one side of the ball…….His big play ability is needed on offense as well as defense if we want to be successful. He is a senior it’s his last ride I’m sure if it was up to him he would never leave the field.

Last edited:
It’s the playoffs last thing you wanna do is play it safe….better go all in and play like it’s no tomorrow cause if you lose…….dribble dribble dribble 🏀

hey, 04, I sent you a text with some historical info about the Horses playing Ahoskie in 1982; they beat us. They had 2 NFL players Timmy Newsome and Sam Harrell (uh they were great), that was in the old stadium. They came of the old fieldhouse for their pregame warmups in a choreographed routine that was really ahead of its time. I think we may have been ranked #1 at the time. This was 3A. You may want to share it with your radio cohorts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT