ADVERTISEMENT

#18 Hertford County vs #15 Clinton RD1

Sadly I will miss the next 3 weeks. Work sending me to California till 17th, leaving Sunday and I have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow night, so hopefully my horses can make it to regional final so I can get back in the booth otherwise RD will be calling it possibly alone or with the great Coach Sawvel. I’ll be listening from California though. Go horses!
hey 04, i sent you a text with some historical info about the Horses playing Ahoskie in 1982; they beat us. They had 2 nfl players Timmy Newsome and
Yea, it sucks but I’ve never been to California so that part I’m excited about.
don't. step into anything out there!

Reactions: daagoob
Sadly I will miss the next 3 weeks. Work sending me to California till 17th, leaving Sunday and I have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow night, so hopefully my horses can make it to regional final so I can get back in the booth otherwise RD will be calling it possibly alone or with the great Coach Sawvel. I’ll be listening from California though. Go horses!
Have a safe trip.

Reactions: Darkhorse04
How can we listen on the radio?

Reactions: daagoob
First play of the game Clinton’s Jakwon Wilson takes it 76 yards for score. 2 point conv good by Wilson. Clinton leads 8-0 15 seconds in.

Hertford County answers with a 2 yard QB keeper by K. Rogers. 2 point conv no good. 8:48 Clinton 8 HC 6…..Clinton had them in a 3rd and long QB ran the counter missed tackled at the line of scrimmage lead to big play….so old nemesis of execution hurts defense on first drive

4:19 in the 1sT Q HC makes the first big defensive stop a 4th and 3 attempt at their 43 turnover on downs

Clinton offense grinds it out for nice long drive capped off by Wilson 2 yard run. 2 point conv good by Smith. Clinton 16 HC 14

HC answers back fast long 51 yard TD pass from Rogers to Powell. 2 point conv good. HC 22 Clinton 16 2Q

Turnover Clinton interception by Powell returns back to 36. 4:18 remaining in 2Q

Big 4th down here 41 seconds left in the half HC has a chance to go up 2 scores and they get the ball after halftime…..Clinton defense been in this position twice already and failed….here’s the play…..they ran a reverse looks like he was stopped short that was a big stop finally defense gets off the field

Story of the first half which defense can make the stops so far HC is winning that and score board reflects that. 2 times Clinton defense had opportunities to get them off the field once on like a 4th and 8 and once on a 3rd and 17…….these are the plays I been harping on before on the 4th and 8 defender had a clean shot on QB missed the tackle and it lead to a big play and a eventual score….on the 3rd and 17 gave up a 51 yard TD pass. That’s the difference so far HC has held up when needed to. I’m glad we got that last stop inside the 10 we needed it. We will need it again to start the 3rd.

Last edited:
Key play coming Clinton has HC in a 4th and 5 deep in Clinton territory…..another opportunity to get off the field

Lol 2nd long TD gave up on a 4th down….2 point conv no good HC 28 Clinton 16 8:39 in 3rd

Wilson answers with a long TD 61 yards…..sad thing is we scored too fast questionable defense right back on the field

Reactions: sam
Thank you Jesus the defense made a stop interception Patrick Morrisley that’s why I said you need to have him in the game

Wilson huge 43 yard run broke multiple tackles down to the 17…..I told them feed him

Smith to Wilson 14 yard TD pass. 2 point conv good. Clinton 30 HC 28 3:03 left in 3rd

Clinton defense has them in 3rd and 13 another stop would go a long way……..wow….middle screen and they score after breaking 2 tackles #5 for HC scores 2 point conv good HC 36 Clinton 30 2:29 left in 3rd……….idk what it is about being in position to get off the field and giving up a big play but we good at it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT