ADVERTISEMENT

(14-0) East Duplin vs (13-1) North Davidson 2AA EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

so we both agree that my opinion is no more important than yours, and yours is no more important than mine. ok, its settled then! :)
Settled!! Lol, but then again that is going to take the fun out of the boards for the next 3 days as we await for game day to get here. But i will ask you this- how do you stack this ED team up compared to the other contenders of previous seasons? What i was getting at in my earlier post was that this would not rank in the top 5 of teams that ND has had over the last 7 years. While this may be one of the best ED teams i do not think the same could be said about ND- new coach as well as new QB with no big name Div1 recruits like past years (although Boyce and a few others will def play on Saturdays)

I am ready for Friday, I'm sure most all feel the same....ND has only played one half-assed decent team, and is about to face the #1 seed in 2AA East. A battle-tested, boot-wearing, relentless rushing, more than capable passing, beast. On paper and on the message boards, we don't stand a snowballs chance in hello. May as well stay home. Men, I just don't see how North could even be anywhere near prepared for this! And before panty-wadding begins, this is only my opinion, and full of sarcasm....:)

Blacknightnut that’s your opinion we played Ledford third game of the the year when we gave up 105 points first 4 games. We started about 8 or 10 kids that we’re sophomores or have not played varsity football it took time to play and we were a lot better st the end of the season. I hope you were better team to at the end. Pluse Just to let you know we droped a pass wide open in the last seconds to win the game 15 yards nobody near him. Good luck Friday you will need it.
Was that against East Duplin or Ledford?

Let Davie play the SWO schedule both regular season and playoffs and they are in exactly the same spot bud.

They have played no one and will be beaten like a drum this week.

Settled!! Lol, but then again that is going to take the fun out of the boards for the next 3 days as we await for game day to get here. But i will ask you this- how do you stack this ED team up compared to the other contenders of previous seasons? What i was getting at in my earlier post was that this would not rank in the top 5 of teams that ND has had over the last 7 years. While this may be one of the best ED teams i do not think the same could be said about ND- new coach as well as new QB with no big name Div1 recruits like past years (although Boyce and a few others will def play on Saturdays)
The D1 guys are juniors and sophmores

Looking over the course of the whole season I believe we would beat Randleman by 14-21 points. They played absolutely nobody and lost to the only good teams they played. We lost to Tabor but Tabor is as athletic as anyone in 2A, also have better linemen than most 2A teams. Notice I didn't say all.

Davie is an average 4A team this year who would be a good but not great team in 2A, probably win their conference depending on the one they were in. Asheville was disappointing but still very athletic and simulated better than average 2A teams.

Our conference was garbage with the exception of Ledford, because they are also a 3A school playing 2A ball but nobody cares about them because we took care of them for all of you, twice.

Now we get to play the best team we've played all year, and so will they in my opinion. I look forward to a great football game.

I am ready for Friday, I'm sure most all feel the same....ND has only played one half-assed decent team, and is about to face the #1 seed in 2AA East. A battle-tested, boot-wearing, relentless rushing, more than capable passing, beast. On paper and on the message boards, we don't stand a snowballs chance in hello. May as well stay home. Men, I just don't see how North could even be anywhere near prepared for this!

Good! Now that that is settled! lol

Reactions: bkknights93
Let Davie play the SWO schedule both regular season and playoffs and they are in exactly the same spot bud.

They have played no one and will be beaten like a drum this week.

While I agree, they will lose to Wallace, the rest of your post makes little sense.

Let any decent 4A team as big as Davie play their schedule and you could probably say the same. It's all relative to the competition.

Now we get to play the best team we've played all year, and so will they in my opinion. I look forward to a great football game.

I do not think North Davidson is better than Wallace. That doesn't mean we can't lose, I just don't believe you're the best team we've played this year. (though my mind my change Friday)

Reactions: 96panther
We are bickering back and forth, blah blah this and that. Who is better than whom. In fact both of these teams are special, very sound and have battled and dealt with tough situations at some point during the season. Both teams will be prepared and up to the challenge! To get this far is an accomplishment that few can boast upon. I have much respect for ED and their fans. Going to be awesome come Friday Night! While my last post was sarcastic, NO disrespect was intended toward either team.

I have been following ED since moving back to the area a few years ago. I know that this is a senior dominated team with the majority being 3 year starters.

As sophomores they lost a close game in the third round to eventual runner up Bunn and last year lost in the eastern finals to Northside 14-7 after beating them 17-7 in regular season. This class has also won three straight conference titles.

Defensively they are very good due to their team speed. On offense they are very experienced at the skill positions and in my opinion the offensive line is better than years past. I think special teams are decent enough.

They are very well coached and always prepared. Having three on staff who have head coaching experience always helps. They have won close games this year on the road and bounced back the last two weeks after falling behind 7-0.

If there is a concern, it would be diversity on offense if the running game is struggling but that hasn't happened. I think playing spread teams in the playoffs has helped them big time on pass defense. The run defense is outstanding. Another concern this week might be depth. A lot goes both ways but they have for the last two years. I heard last week Randleman had very few going both ways and it didn't appear to give them an advantage.

Looking forward to a great game.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket POY
Looking over the course of the whole season I believe we would beat Randleman by 14-21 points. They played absolutely nobody and lost to the only good teams they played. We lost to Tabor but Tabor is as athletic as anyone in 2A, also have better linemen than most 2A teams. Notice I didn't say all.

Davie is an average 4A team this year who would be a good but not great team in 2A, probably win their conference depending on the one they were in. Asheville was disappointing but still very athletic and simulated better than average 2A teams.

Our conference was garbage with the exception of Ledford, because they are also a 3A school playing 2A ball but nobody cares about them because we took care of them for all of you, twice.

whether you are the best team we've played all year or not i dont know. that title could go to Jacksonville or WRH. also, Randleman was a very good team too. i will let you know after the game Friday.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut

I agree- Randleman had played no one up until last week- and i was expecting for them to be blown out but credit to Randleman for making it a game. It really makes me wonder exactly how far could Ledford had gone if they had to play anybody besides North in the second round. Lost twice to North and a top 10 4a team in Glenn (according to rankings- not IMO- see Charlotte teams). Maybe our split 2a/3a/4a :-D conference was decent.

Do remember asheboro,Andrews,eastern Randolph had all new coaches this year we play them every year and between them have 8 championship look back and see the last time them teams didn’t make the playoffs. Pluse we did get stoped at the one yard line twice in the second half didn’t score we played a good game just come up short.

Reactions: 96panther
I like both of these teams. I'll be disappointed no matter the outcome. If ND wins I'll be happy because that guarantees the trophy stays in the 'west'. If ED(Im a closet fan) wins I'll be happy for them reaching the title game, and disappointed that ND lost.

I think ND wins though. They're good regardless of what classification they are in(similar to Shelby in that regard). When they were 4A they sent some big name players home in the playoffs recent years. In some ways I think they also play to the level of competition though and lose discipline at times.

Did you look st the team you just played they had played no body ether and was just down two points going into the 4 th quarter so what does that mean. You better be ready whoever you play each week.

Reactions: dogs79
So... What you're trying to tell me is, you beat those teams on the downswing. Thanks for proving my point for me...

As for South Granville, I said as much last week. They were undefeated, but their schedule was full of teams I had never heard of so didn't know what to make of them. I estimated we would win by 14-17, which we did. Even after leaving points off the board. Doesn't matter if it was in the 4th quarter or first half, we move on.

And yes, we agree that you better be ready every week. Much respect for ED, I'm excited to see how our teams match up.

Reactions: dogs79
I'll be coming to this game.... where is the best place to eat at around there?
Has ED been passing more since the last time I saw them?
I think ND will be ready.... I think it should be a great game,,,,.

96panther and EDPanther99 are your stereotypical fans who are living in the shadows of the local teams success, I don't post on here a ton, and yes i am a Black Knights fan, but the more i read those two's post the more i remember why i never post on here.... If you two have sons on the team then perhaps you should just let them do the talking for you, if you don't have sons on the team then perhaps you should just watch the game and leave your opinions off a message board.

"Duplin County this, Duplin County that" nothing you guys are saying matters at the end of the day...

May the best team win!!!

#GDTBABK

Reactions: By the Fence
96panther and EDPanther99 are your stereotypical fans who are living in the shadows of the local teams success, I don't post on here a ton, and yes i am a Black Knights fan, but the more i read those two's post the more i remember why i never post on here.... If you two have sons on the team then perhaps you should just let them do the talking for you, if you don't have sons on the team then perhaps you should just watch the game and leave your opinions off a message board.

"Duplin County this, Duplin County that" nothing you guys are saying matters at the end of the day...

May the best team win!!!

#GDTBABK
I have posted a little bit more than you have. Have no dog at all in this fight but probably pulling for ND since they are from "around here".

Just one question: The parameters you have set for the Duplin County posters are if you are a parent then don't post as well as if you are not a parent then don't post.

Would be an extremely quiet thread wouldn't it?

Congratulations to the Black Knights and coach Flynn on a record breaking season. Down East football is physical. Dig in and take it to the championship game! Go Knights!

May the best team win!!!

#GDTBABK
so are you basically saying that a message board is not for "messages" ??? i really have no idea what you are talking about. you must be bored.

ED says they got a bunch of country boys on their team. I know Davidson county got a lot of Dairy Farms. ED has more options in the backfield three or four good running backs but the game will be ED offensive line vs ND defensive line.
Sounds like the dairy farmers vs the hog farmers...who wins?...we’ll see, GO PANTHERS! from your BULLDOG NEIGHBORS

May the best team win!!!

#GDTBABK

Try being informed instead of just opinionated.

Nothing wrong with farming in any way, shape or form. But I can tell you with absolute certainty that not one functioning dairy farm exists in all of North Davidson’s district.

We’re a bedroom community for Winston Salem.

Nothing wrong with farming in any way, shape or form. But I can tell you with absolute certainty that not one functioning dairy farm exists in all of North Davidson’s district.

We’re a bedroom community for Winston Salem.
With absolute certainty you will know when you’re in Duplin County. You will smell the money. Around 40 hogs per person

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT