ADVERTISEMENT

(14-0) East Duplin vs (13-1) North Davidson 2AA EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

I don't think extras will be needed. They weren't last year... And NSJ is much closer than ND.

The only thing ED needs is a concession stand on the home side.

So after giving this game some more thought, I'm going to say N. Davidson wins in a close one.

I still think this will be the best 2A game this Friday night.

Also-not to long ago it was listed that 2AA would be played at 7:30 pm....however now the NCHSAA lists the 2A and 2AA being at 3 and 7 but which game at which time is still TBA. Any info from anyone?

Sucks there isn't a game on Friday night. But who knows exactly when the games are. The NCHSAA can't seem to list it plainly in site for anyone.

This is interesting:

MINIMUM SEATING REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A — host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A — host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. The Executive Committee has authority to move a play-off game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. A $1000 penalty shall be imposed on schools failing to meet seating requirements

Does ED hold 750 on visitors side?

This is interesting:

MINIMUM SEATING REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A — host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A — host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. The Executive Committee has authority to move a play-off game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. A $1000 penalty shall be imposed on schools failing to meet seating requirements

Does ED hold 750 on visitors side?
Most definitely there visiting side used to be the home side.

Northside is not a fair comparison. They never travel well.

Again, I am sure additional bleachers will be brought in if they are needed.

for anybody that has seen ND play, what are their biggest offensive threats? other than the kicker which i know is stellar lol.

96, I don't really think either of these teams is the underdog. This game could really go both ways, I just give a slight edge to ND.

I would not be surprised at all though to see East win.

Simmons is usually really good by this time of year (like 85%+ good), and based on his ratings ND will be about a 10 point underdog. So we will gladly take the underdog role.

it doesn't matter the size of Stadium or the school you play at a football field is a football field that's all you need to play quit crying about how small the stadium is and just come down here to Beulaville at play football for all you North Davidson fans

Reactions: EDPanther99
it doesn't matter the size of Stadium or the school you play at a football field is a football field that's all you need to play quit crying about how small the stadium is and just come down here to Beulaville at play football for all you North Davidson fans
Oh no, not again.

Ought to have IQ tests before allowing use of message boards.

Simmons is usually really good by this time of year (like 85%+ good), and based on his ratings ND will be about a 10 point underdog. So we will gladly take the underdog role.
no! we want the underdog role!!! :/

I agree with Brooklyn. Stop whining about all these fans who are making this three hour trek and worrying about them all having a seat. Show up if you're gonna. Be loud while you can, and dress warm. Wouldn't want you to get sick watching three quarters of football this Friday.

lol

I don't think anyone will be leaving this game after three quarters. But hey, East fans can hope.;)
i would love nothing more than to not only win, but win comfortably enough to not be a nervous wreck at the end of the game! but honestly i dont see that at all. i think it could go either way, and if we do win it will go down to the wire.

Reactions: my_2cents
lol

I don't think anyone will be leaving this game after three quarters. But hey, East fans can hope.;)

The only thing I hope is that your boys live up to all this hype. The way I read it... you can't be beat. A kicker that hits from 60, a passing game that would make the jets blush and a running game reminiscent of the million dollar backfield. (I probably went to old school for some of you on that one)

Reactions: dogs79
N.Davidson has been playing 4a ball since I can remember and year after year have more than held their own against some of Winston Salem's best schools. Now their playing 2a ball against 2a teams. No disrespect to E.Duplin, but you are in for an uphill battle.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket POY
The only thing I hope is that your boys live up to all this hype. The way I read it... you can't be beat. A kicker that hits from 60, a passing game that would make the jets blush and a running game reminiscent of the million dollar backfield. (I probably went to old school for some of you on that one)
Sounds like they have a Mercury Morris. Not so sure about Czonka and Kiick.

ND isn't my team 99.

But they are a good team this year. Just as East is. I've said it once on here and I'll say it again, this is the best game in all of 2A (including both classes) this week.

Reactions: EDPanther99
N.Davidson has been playing 4a ball since I can remember and year after year have more than held their own against some of Winston Salem's best schools. Now their playing 2a ball against 2a teams. No disrespect to E.Duplin, but you are in for an uphill battle.

Good thing we got our climbing boots on.

We have a loss this year so that would be incorrect.

teams from our area are used to punching above our weight, so dont expect a cakewalk for ND. they very well may be in for the most physical game they have been in all year Friday night. lose we may, but intimidated we will not be!

As bad as I hate to say this. I think ND is in for a uphill battle. No disrespect.

Good luck to ed this week y’all were good as advertised and much more my tigers just come up a little short your pass rush and your d- line was great. Nd is a great team and balanced offence but if y’all shut there run down and put the heat on there qb like you did us they are in trouble there qb is not near as mobile as our qb. Your running backs are like jack rabbits back there bouncing around. I still like ed in a great game if your d plays that way again 28-13 good luck

Good luck to ed this week y’all were good as advertised and much more my tigers just come up a little short your pass rush and your d- line was great. Nd is a great team and balanced offence but if y’all shut there run down and put the heat on there qb like you did us they are in trouble there qb is not near as mobile as our qb. Your running backs are like jack rabbits back there bouncing around. I still like ed in a great game if your d plays that way again 28-13 good luck
thanks for the kind words. you guys gave us a battle to the very end and were very deserving of your great record! i think a lot of people underestimate our offense because we almost always run it, but i think what makes us different than most running teams is that we literally have 5 or 6 very good running backs. you simply cant key on one guy. about ND, have you seen them play? just asking since you predict us to win.

I have watched a lot of film on them I fell teams can throw on them if needed. But your running game will give them problems and if your pass rush is good as last week against us there qb can throw but not the athlete as we had that could take it to the house if flushed out of the pocket. Your defense is is very quick you shut down there running game I think your pass rush is real good and it will be tough on them.

Reactions: 96panther
ED says they got a bunch of country boys on their team. I know Davidson county got a lot of Dairy Farms. ED has more options in the backfield three or four good running backs but the game will be ED offensive line vs ND defensive line.

Don’t know how old you might be but do you remember Barry Sanders how he would bounce around and make you miss. Will get ready they have some and there line is well coached.

These guys are #1 for a reason just saying if nothing they are battle tested that’s for sure either way somebody has to take a L Friday night whoever wants this more by far will win... that being said I’m taking my guys by 9

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT