ADVERTISEMENT

(14-0) East Duplin vs (13-1) North Davidson 2AA EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

Pizza Village is pretty good and not a chain but they no longer serve steaks.

Duffs is on Main Street and has country cooking and a grill. It's not bad.

Highway 55 is also on Main but is a chain. It's hit or miss sometimes.

Best bet depending on your route might be something off 40. Not much to choose from in the general area.

Thomasville has been down the last few years, but they have a history that both of our programs can aspire to. I always joke that they had to make the scoreboard wider down there to list all of the state championships. They have 7, I believe.
We count 8, but don't get the anti-WNCHSAA folks riled up. lol.

Pizza Village is pretty good and not a chain but they no longer serve steaks.

Duffs is on Main Street and has country cooking and a grill. It's not bad.

Highway 55 is also on Main but is a chain. It's hit or miss sometimes.

Best bet depending on your route might be something off 40. Not much to choose from in the general area.
Is Rhodes grill still open? They used to have a decent flourburger there.

As far as playing a team with bigger numbers , last year Shelby played Monroe , Northside Jacksonville and Hunter Huss in the playoffs and they all had 3A numbers . It didn't matter though , Shelby beat them all . Even this game , I have a feeling that the smaller number school will win . JMO but who cares !

Hey olddog! I probly want stay to watch North Davidson after WRH wins their seventh ship.
I kinda wanted to stay. They got a good kicker that's supposively going to ncsu. Kicked a 57 yd a couple wks ago

Why come on this thread and turn it into a pissing match with ED fans? You know they are going to respond and then it will be 10 pages of utter nonsense.

Surely both of you yokes have each other's contact info. Plan your evening together that way and leave it off this thread.

Reactions: dogs79
Why come on this thread and turn it into a pissing match with ED fans? You know they are going to respond and then it will be 10 pages of utter nonsense.

Surely both of you yokes have each other's contact info. Plan your evening together that way and leave it off this thread.
they must be tired of the many WRH threads already on this forum. they have nothing better to do than instigate. something some of them love to do.

ED is one of our rivals. I don't think for one moment they pulling for us. The only reason I have second thoughts is because of battle. The only time I got upset was when someone told me what not to say.

Reactions: 96panther
ED is one of our rivals. I don't think for one moment they pulling for us. The only reason I have second thoughts is because of battle. The only time I got upset was when someone told me what not to say.
whats wrong? are you tired of posting on the 5 or 6 WRH threads on this forum? :)

Reactions: dogs79
Funny thing is that if ND wins the state championship,they will be considered an East team,WELCOME is no more Eastern than the man in the moon
Get used to it; ND will be right at the cut line for East/West in every sport for the next three years; most likely in football because of the subdivided playoffs, and they very well could go West in every other sport, but they are the new Randleman, who could go back and forth, seemingly in every sport, every year

Those of you saying WRH won't pull for Ed because of a rivalry are wrong. You guys are not our biggest rival. That distinction still belongs to JK and Clinton. So I will be pulling for ED and Battle to get their much deserved title this year.

Those of you saying WRH won't pull for Ed because of a rivalry are wrong. You guys are not our biggest rival. That distinction still belongs to JK and Clinton. So I will be pulling for ED and Battle to get their much deserved title this year.
sure you will.

Large. It was the home side until about 12 years ago.
I can assure you it's a lot better than visitor seating would have been here at South Granville....(just ask the Reidsville people that came here in 2011)....I think North Davidson had more seats on the visitor side, or at least just as many, as South Granville has on the home side...our visitor side is a few sets of temporary bleachers moved over from behind the baseball backstop, usually 2 sets for regular season, was either 4 or 5 sets for the first two rounds of the playoffs this year....visitor seating or lack thereof is one of the major downsides of those two sports sharing a field...that and having to take down and put up one of the goalposts every year

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Well thank goodness for that. Even with a three hour ride I expect us to bring a large crowd. I was hoping it wouldn't be like Ledford. Despite the fact they're a big school their visitor side is like going to a 1A school, and that was BEFORE someone set a fire and burned a portion of it that they couldn't be bothered to fix LMAO

Would expect a large crowd at all games around the state this Friday night; not only visiting team's fans, but with so few teams left playing, a lot of general high school fans will show up somewhere just to see a good game (not me; wife hated to hear my team lost but glad to have me available at home on Fridays now to either help with the kids and/or make grocery runs until baseball season), whether it's at Hibriten, East Duplin, Reidsville, North Duplin, Mitchell, Tarboro, Mt Airy, SW Onslow, Western Alamance, Charlotte Catholic, AC Reynolds, New Hanover, Mallard Creek, Wake Forest, Harding, or Scotland

Have to go with ND due to the ability to run and pass, and certainly the huge advantage in the kicking game. If ED wins I'm happy, I love their style of play and great people down there. Good luck to both teams, I will be pulling for whichever wins in the finals.

I would check out another site's "Stadium Project" for views of the seating. Those pics are a few years old but the seating is the same.

Being that ND is use to playing in larger school stadiums the visitor seating at ED might be considered small especially if the band comes also. I am sure extra bleachers could be brought in if it was deemed necessary. ED is a small place compared to many newer schools. As someone pointed out on the other site, the concession area is small and quarters are cramped. The difference in the two stadiums are very obvious when comparing pics.

I would get there early. Saw on their website where gates are opening at 530.

Have to go with ND due to the ability to run and pass, and certainly the huge advantage in the kicking game. If ED wins I'm happy, I love their style of play and great people down there. Good luck to both teams, I will be pulling for whichever wins in the finals.
i dont blame you for picking ND over us with their well balanced passing/rushing attack. im sure our boys will do everything in their power to prove you wrong.

I would certainly think ED would bring in additional bleachers for Friday night. This being said after viewing the visitor side on the Stadium Project website.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT