ADVERTISEMENT

(14-0) East Duplin vs (13-1) North Davidson 2AA EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

I just thought about something..
Pittsburgh Steelers JuJu Smith-Schuster just turned 21 last week

20 y/o NFL starter for the Steelers

Settled!! Lol, but then again that is going to take the fun out of the boards for the next 3 days as we await for game day to get here. But i will ask you this- how do you stack this ED team up compared to the other contenders of previous seasons? What i was getting at in my earlier post was that this would not rank in the top 5 of teams that ND has had over the last 7 years. While this may be one of the best ED teams i do not think the same could be said about ND- new coach as well as new QB with no big name Div1 recruits like past years (although Boyce and a few others will def play on Saturdays)

I agree about the past ND teams in the last few years.

Kennedy McCoy (soph at West Virginia) had 140 yards and 3 TDs against Oklahoma this past weekend. Shy Tuttle is finally staying healthy and started DT for tennessee.

I might get called turncoat on this but...

I think East Duplin will win this one. There have been certain mistakes that have plagued North all year and have continued to persist that have shown no reason to change too much and I think it will finally catch them tomorrow.

1 being penalty's. I thought that this would have been fixed by now but it continues to show up. I've given up expecting it to be fixed.

The other is the special teams. We have an incredible kicker, who is worthy of all the accolades he get's... yet there have been issues with the field goals all year for one reason or another. A lot of times, everything goes fine, but other times, somewhere somebody makes a mistake. Touchbacks have been awesome this year. But everything else has me a little spooked. We shall see.

The thing that has me optimistic for tomorrows game was how well North passed the ball this past Friday. Easily the best game from Josh all year. To see that at this stage in the season, he's still getting better and the pass game is as good as it's been is a very positive sign. That's really going to help to control the clock and balance the attack we come with, so I'm excited what to find out what else Josh may do.

No matter what, go Black Knights!

Both of these teams will have their hands full tomorrow night. I think this game will be very entertaining for the fans! I see big plays in all three phases of the game for both teams. I just hope we make a few more than them!

Both of these teams will have their hands full tomorrow night. I think this game will be very entertaining for the fans! I see big plays in all three phases of the game for both teams. I just hope we make a few more than them!
very true! we are both in the regional final for a reason! because we are both very good teams!

I have had that Lexington BBQ with my brother in lexington. Once I tried it i had them to box it up and ordered a burger and fries. I am not going to be politically correct on this matter. I personally have melted alot of fat, grease out of hawgs in my life time of 60++ years. There is no way Lexington BBQ is better than eastern N.C. WOOD COOKED BBQ. Now you Western N.C. fellers might think so, but it won't stand a chance against eastern Q, Hands down.

Now I am sure you fellers from out west like yours better than ours and that is fine. It all has to do with personal taste. You fans coming from Western N.C. be safe on your trip. It might be hard to do but Try to be thru Raleigh before 4 pm if you can. Traffic really starts backing up alittle rite before Chapel Hill rite thru Raleigh. Traffic starts clearing up around exit 309 on I 40. At that point you are about an 1 hr 40 mins or less from game site. Travel safe.

Reactions: EDPanther99
I have had that Lexington BBQ with my brother in lexington. Once I tried it i had them to box it up and ordered a burger and fries. I am not going to be politically correct on this matter. I personally have melted alot of fat, grease out of hawgs in my life time of 60++ years. There is no way Lexington BBQ is better than eastern N.C. WOOD COOKED BBQ. Now you Western N.C. fellers might think so, but it won't stand a chance against eastern Q, Hands down.

Well we all have our cross to bear in life. Mine is an addictive personality, yours is awful taste buds.

Fire Cat Like I said y'all cook the BBQ just fine. Your sauce and slaw are what kills it.
Technically Lexington style ain't west it's more Piedmont.
And the good places use hickory.

We used to kill 4 or 5 hogs a year and what we didn't can, for sausage gravy, or salt down for ham, we would stay up all night stoking.

Great now I'm hungry again.

Glad I could help.

Reactions: crazyduke3
It's not a cross to bare its a badge of honor since I have won seven cook offs over the last 13 years and won some where around 25 thousand green stamps. To spend ad I see fit. Red ketchup base does not belong on pork, it's for hamburgers and hot dogs buddy. Like I said, it depends on what you like. I think your taste buds are burnt from all that red base. That plate of Lexington BBQ I brought home had to be thrown away because my dogs would not eat it. I should have invited you down east for dinner to eat that plate and then the game afterwards.

Thekidd12,
What is the slaw like where you are. I might not make my slaw like you are talking about. I know some people down east that don't like vinegar base. I use it but not like most people from here. I don't use the vinegar until the last hour and half of cooking. When I flip the hog over on it's back is when I will sauce it down with about a half quart of it. The pork is still flavorful without the strong taste of vinegar. I'll make some of the sauce available if people want more. It's the slaw I'm wondering about where you are. How do you mess up slaw. I know people use different things in it but, how do you mess slaw up. I think it's just what people are use too.

Reactions: thekidd12
Fire Cat Like I said y'all cook the BBQ just fine. Your sauce and slaw are what kills it.
Technically Lexington style ain't west it's more Piedmont.
And the good places use hickory.

We used to kill 4 or 5 hogs a year and what we didn't can, for sausage gravy, or salt down for ham, we would stay up all night stoking.

Great now I'm hungry again.

Glad I could help.

Agreed. The Sauce is the huge difference maker.

i dont know 99! i think ND may be the best team we've played these playoffs! we will see tomorrow night!

Just an opinion. You know me. No disrespect intended. We could still lose tomorrow if the boys don't come out and play. ND is very good, I was more complimenting Randleman than anything.

Reactions: 96panther
Thekidd12,
What is the slaw like where you are. I might not make my slaw like you are talking about. I know some people down east that don't like vinegar base. I use it but not like most people from here. I don't use the vinegar until the last hour and half of cooking. When I flip the hog over on it's back is when I will sauce it down with about a half quart of it. The pork is still flavorful without the strong taste of vinegar. I'll make some of the sauce available if people want more. It's the slaw I'm wondering about where you are. How do you mess up slaw. I know people use different things in it but, how do you mess slaw up. I think it's just what people are use too.
Fire Cat that's what I was joking around about.

Personally the vinegar base in both the slaw and sauce does not do justice, in my opinion, to the meat.

Having said that I have eaten some tomato based sauces I do not care for either. We always just cooked our shoulders or hams overnight with hickory. Got to be hickory. No sauce added until you get ready to eat. The sauce we use is my daddy's super secret recipe which includes two cans of beer but no vinegar. Being a well known non-drinker everybody knows around here when we are smoking meat because of me buying a six pack. Would share the recipe but he swore me to secrecy. As for the slaw my family prefers a mayonnaise/sugar base with just a hint of vinegar. It's sweeter and yeah worse for your arteries.

If I was a ND supporter and was coming to game I would take you up on that pregame meal thing.

Anybody who wins cook-offs and green stamps must be two things: a good cook and probably an interesting person.

As I have said on thread I invaded before good luck to both teams. Hope it is a good game and every player comes through it safely.

Just an opinion. You know me. No disrespect intended. We could still lose tomorrow if the boys don't come out and play. ND is very good, I was more complimenting Randleman than anything.
Probably last time I will interrupt y'all's thread with useless information.

Not many people in Randolph county compliment Randleman. :)

Just saying.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Oh, I don't put vinegar in the slaw, whew, that would not be good . Sorry if I mislead you to think I put vinegar in the slaw. I only use the vinegar base sauce the last hour 1/2 of the cook, and only about half quart. The rest is available if wanted. Most of my family and friends like only the rub I use and it is very simple. When I cook a whole hog I might just put the sauce on one side, depending what people want. I do what call a custom BBQ, what ever the customer desires.

Thank, by God, I'm not from Randolph County. Or West Virginia... I spent a month there one night.
Comparing Randolph to WV? Now that ain't right.

You would love it here. We got tobacco, hogs, chickens, corn, soybeans and cows. Just like y'all. Of course our deer are bigger but we have slightly fewer.

Heck we even got the zoo but only elementary schools and out of towners go.

West Virginia yeah right.

Kidd, sounds like the slaw you like is like my family recipe also. I would bet if could get our BBQs together we would find some great taste in both. I know some cookers down here that drown the heck out of it in sauce. I can't eat it. Made me sick at one event. By the way are you going to the game?

Kidd, sounds like the slaw you like is like my family recipe also. I would bet if could get our BBQs together we would find some great taste in both. I know some cookers down here that drown the heck out of it in sauce. I can't eat it. Made me sick at one event. By the way are you going to the game?
No sir my son, and my whole family as well, attends/attended Eastern Randolph. I have been following this thread because of the BBQ references and Randleman/ED and ND/ED games. Was seriously curious how Randleman would do against a good team like ED since my son played against them last 4 years annually. And they are our local rival hence the snide remark above.

Wouldn't mind watching the game, and meeting you as well, but that's a ride from here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT