ADVERTISEMENT

13-2 Weddington vs 14-1 Hoggard 4A State Championship game

If Marvin ridge can beat weddington.... Hoggard definitely has a shot
Individuals are oblivious to this for unknown reasons. Some of the individuals on this forum seem really intelligent, yet they have no concept of common sense.

Replying to above post. I guess I qualify as a Wilmington poster because I own a house in Wilmington right off Middle Sound Loop, thus my username when I registered here on this site in the early 2000's.

My house is in the Laney district of Wilmington but when it comes to Wilmington my rooting interest and support goes squarely with Hoggard. Reason being is I am originally from Fayetteville where I grew up as a kid in the 1970s. Back then Hoggard was for whatever reason a staple in the conference then competing against all the Fayetteville schools as an in conference foe. So I grew very familiar with Hoggard back then before they departed the Fayetteville conference starting in the 1979 season. Hoggard was no slouch even back then. They were always good and they were very physical and powerful. It always seemed each year their was one Fayetteville team that beat them out for first place be it 71st, Reid Ross, or Pine Forest but Hoggard was no lower than a strong second and consistent year after year. I can tell you first hand Fayetteville teams at the time had a healthy dose of respect for them and particularly dreaded having to play them in Wilmington. So my loyalty when it comes to Wilmington teams was formed many years ago to Hoggard.
Edit to add I did go see a Hoggard vs New Hanover game and a Hoggard playoff game against Rose years back since moving to Wilmington. I still own my house there but I haven't actually lived in it since 2005. I do alot of overseas contracting work since 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatScratchFever23
Can you explain more?
I say this because of the recent success of Weddington winning I believe back to back titles in 3AA and putting out Will Shipley and playing and beating other great Charlotte teams in recent years cannot be ignored. Thus they in my eyes are the better team/program than Hoggard. However something in my gut leads me to believe Hoggard will win. But I also thought 71st would beat Hickory so what do I really know?

I say this because of the recent success of Weddington winning I believe back to back titles in 3AA and putting out Will Shipley and playing and beating other great Charlotte teams in recent years cannot be ignored. Thus they in my eyes are the better team/program than Hoggard. However something in my gut leads me to believe Hoggard will win. But I also thought 71st would beat Hickory so what do I really know?
The closer you get to south Carolina the better the football

I love how weddington coach copycats belicheck with the cutoff sleeve hoody

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT