ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

in all seriousness im sure we will have fun talking trash this week, but i expect a tough close game! i feel neither team is a clear favorite. too bad we both cant win our first state title Saturday.

Last edited:
Your one RB won’t be able to take the punishment.... Sure if he’s fast he may break for one but ask ND we will shut a single guy out and make you do something different m. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN 3 RB’s #ECCWingT

East Duplin will out score Hibriten they can’t go blow for blow with these guys period mark my words. With the support of an entire county and guys who have some what of a chip on their shoulders for being underrated Hibriten is in for some smash mouth football I guarantee they haven’t played a team like the one they have coming this week.

#25 is the best RB we have but he is not the only one who will carry the ball Saturday....There are 5 or 6 other guys who also will tote the rock... Against Shelby, Witherspoon had 18 carries on the night when Hibriten carries the ball 51 times(little more then 33%)... Hibriten also came out in formations I hadn’t seen all year out of us to confuse the Golden Lions so sure Coach Lewis and Coach Reeves might put in some new stuff again this week..

I haven’t started to look at ED yet but I’m sure this could be another slugfest... Congrats to the “Blue” Panthers for also making their 1st State Final

Good grief! I hope we can figure out how to play smash mouth football in the next week. I guess what I saw Friday night was finesse football.
from what little ive seen of your team you look very explosive and physical!

These 2 are so simular in so many ways
1st appearance in state
Run oriented
Top backs numbers close
Good defenses
Panthers
Drive time only 20 30 miles difference
Both undefeated

Some say boring I think this should be 1of the closest 2a aa championship games in a long time can't wait
Go panthers (the blue ones lol )

Not connected to the East Duplin program but I would guess they would prefer to face a run oriented team. Anyone with any football knowledge, east or west, has seen WRH’s running attack and the ED defense did a nice job in that game other than 2 explosive plays.

Hibriten may also prefer to face a run oriented team as well, but I will leave that to their posters.

I fully expected North Davidson to win last week because of their ability to pass but thankfully I was wrong.

I read many Jack Holley newspaper interviews over the years. He liked the Wing T because it allowed him to be competitive even when he didnt have size and athletes. In Battle’s case, he has the size and athletes and an excellent defense. Top it off with a senior laden team and I like their chances.

Last edited:
I called the Franklin game, I said Hibriten by 10 over Shelby.... so here you go

Hibriten by 3 tds. 28 to 7

.... just promise me one thing Hibriten,

Order your rings locally in Lenoir, the town could use the business.

Your one RB won’t be able to take the punishment.... Sure if he’s fast he may break for one but ask ND we will shut a single guy out and make you do something different m. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN 3 RB’s #ECCWingT

I mean, they did hang 28 on you. Seems like that "something different" still worked...

Reactions: beamer24
Chopper my friend, not even you can rain on this parade. Hibriten is headed to the state ship after beating the FORMER champs.

Our ring will come, right now just happy for our neighbor.

96-

Being a State graduate, I'm obviously a big fan of Wendell Murphy and all he's done for the university. I know he's a Duplin County guy. Is he ED or WRH?

Last edited:
Incompletion was the interference/holding call. Not sure how it should have been scored HDR had it 2 for 3.

Something different one rushing TD and the rest was through the air boss... that was SOMETHING DIFFERENT
right. the moral of this story is pass defense is not really our strength, but we still slowed the ND passing attack down enough to get the win! a lot easier said than done against a great passing team like ND! believe me!

Lol exactly man foolishness but then again it’s Sunday he’s probably had a few
A few too many maybe. Our lowest point total was 14. That came against one of the teams playing for the 2A Championship! He’s dreaming or drunk. Either way, he’s still wrong.

Reactions: thegoat357
A few too many maybe. Our lowest point total was 14. That came against one of the teams playing for the 2A Championship! He’s dreaming or drunk. Either way, he’s still wrong.
The team he's talking about is also playing for a championship.

I’m actually sitting back watching film with my boy right now and yea well just get ready Hibriten....

I remember games being video streamed in the past. At least until last year. I wonder if this year will be able to be watched?

Shelby would have beat ya by 14, Hibriten will shut you down by at least 3 scores

Shelby would have beat ya by 14, Hibriten will shut you down by at least 3 scores
lol. we will see Saturday. and about Shelby. they have nothing to do with this, but i do know at least some of our fans wanted for us to get a shot at Shelby. now we wont get the chance. we will gladly take Hibriten instead!

Reactions: patsfball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT