ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Some if these score predictions are hilarious. But I really can't say anything after some of my predictions last week.:D

Hibriten's d though appears to playing well though and if East's d plays like they can, I think this may be another low scoring game. Not a blowout in either direction. East will get their points though if they play as well as they did against ND.

Reactions: 96panther
Of course, yall are 8-32 against the west in this century, 3A and 4A margins are worse or the same.

Even if both east teams win you'll be 10-32. If you had to play Whitevilles(or even S Columbus) playoff schedule you wouldn't have made it to the title game.
You've have absolutely lost your mind.

E. D. Certainly is not a trick show. Come next Saturday you will be blaming the officials because you will be losing your brain as to why. The answer is PANTHERS BABY.

I don't think any other school out east(WRH included) could have gone through 3 solid teams from the west to get this far. Says alot about ED as a team.
Of course, yall are 8-32 against the west in this century, 3A and 4A margins are worse or the same.

Even if both east teams win you'll be 10-32. If you had to play Whitevilles(or even S Columbus) playoff schedule you wouldn't have made it to the title game.
im not so sure about that. i think ED and WRH both can play with and compete against ANYBODY in 2A! i dont care who it is! we both have a way of making people into believers!

Reactions: my_2cents
I don't think any other school out east(WRH included) could have gone through 3 solid teams from the west to get this far. Says alot about ED as a team.
i appreciate the kind words but i do think WRH could have potentially did what we did. our teams are very similar, in both athleticism and playing style.

im not so sure about that. i think ED and WRH both can play with and compete against ANYBODY in 2A! i dont care who it is! we both have a way of making people into believers!

I dont think they would have beat Mt Heritage and Reidsville back to back. WRH had a cake walk.

Hang around 2sense, these boards will get you straightened out.

If I had to guess, you are a Democrat??

Hang around 2sense, these boards will get you straightened out.

If I had to guess, you are a Democrat??

Two straight posts about me? And now you wanna bring politics into it lmao.

Guess things most be boring over there in Morganton this time of the year like always huh?

It was a thread on nc preps where politics was discussed. And no, no mountain shine in Burke County

Oh ok lol. Yeah, I use to read that board. Never commented on it though that I recall. Was entertaining, some characters on that board. They should bring it back.

I dont think they would have beat Mt Heritage and Reidsville back to back. WRH had a cake walk.

Who had the cakewalk? So much of a cakewalk that our SOS has gone UP from #6 to #4. It was neither us nor ED I can tell you that. ED's road was tougher than ours but they did have every game at home which always helps. We had 1 home game. I will give you the first 2 were very easy, especially Beddingfield, that team was a joke. We beat NE at their place, a team that has a nationally ranked offense and will be one of the favorites to win it all next year. To you it just looks like a cakewalk because we have destroyed every team in the playoffs so far. Take the hate glasses off my friend.

Reactions: dogs79
Who had the cakewalk? So much of a cakewalk that our SOS has gone UP from #6 to #4. It was neither us nor ED I can tell you that. ED's road was tougher than ours but they did have every game at home which always helps. We had 1 home game. I will give you the first 2 were very easy, especially Beddingfield, that team was a joke. We beat NE at their place, a team that has a nationally ranked offense and will be one of the favorites to win it all next year. To you it just looks like a cakewalk because we have destroyed every team in the playoffs so far. Take the hate glasses off my friend.
similar to what the poster on WRH/Reidsville thread said. i thought this was an ED/Hibriten thread.

NOBODY has shut our running game down all year! i dont see that changing vs Hibriten! who's to say Hibriten's running game wont be shut down? and if we dont score 9 thats fine. as long as we score more than Hibriten. i hear you guys have a great back in Witherspoon! we have 5 or 6 great backs! take your pick! we also saw a great back last night in North Davidson's TJ Boyce! the kid is a stud! i would love to know how Witherspoon matches up to Boyce! i cant really see anybody being much better than Boyce!

Nobody has shut our running game down all year!

Same, that's why we're both in this game

We have 5 or 6 great backs!
STOP, there's not a football team on earth who has that many "great backs" -- Witherspoon is our featured back and a great player, but of course we have other capable options. I'm going to assume the same with y'all. Chris Benson is the featured back and you've got some other talented rb's to compliment him.

I would love to know how Witherspoon matches up to Boyce!

Well, Merry Christmas my friend:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5639549/mckinley-witherspoon (Gee)
http://www.hudl.com/profile/7796508/tj-boyce (Boyce)

I can't really see anybody being much better than Boyce!

Hop on 41, head about 2 hours west to Laurinburg, NC and you'll find this guy http://www.hudl.com/profile/4620716/zamir-white -- #1 RB in the country

Reactions: beamer24
similar to what the poster on WRH/Reidsville thread said. i thought this was an ED/Hibriten thread.

My post was actually sticking up for ED, but you sir are a thorn on these threads. Anytime someone says anything about ED you are all over it. I was pulling for ED but you're making extremely difficult to but of course that's not gonna stop me no matter what. Y'all beat us, we know because OMG you said it over and over. It took your best game and your best effort to beat us by 2 points, on a onsides kick call. I like Battle personally, but for the sake of your health, better hope he don't choke like his dad was prone to do.

All I can say about our guys is they are battle tested and proven. This senior class will not lose this game. You are in for a show Saturday afternoon. East Duplin finishes strong and wins our first state championship.

I'm telling you as someone who has seen both teams play....this will be a boring game for someone who is wanting a high scoring slug fest...13-10 score is what I predict as score but I will not pick a winner...pulling for Hibriten but East is a beast...should be a good game...comes down to who is hungrier and who doesn't let their first trip there get to them...

Northeastern was no cakewalk, they have one of the best players in the state in Freshwater.

One tough game into the title game is a cake walk compared to what other teams had to deal with. They draw who they draw, but with most of the games as breathers, you get to keep a healthy line up and starters get to rest.

I see why Witherspoon has so many yards per carry. It takes the whole defense to tackle him(literally). He rarely goes down after the 1st or 2nd attempted tackle...and the speed looks at least 4.4(could be wrong) minimum.

Reactions: beamer24
My post was actually sticking up for ED, but you sir are a thorn on these threads. Anytime someone says anything about ED you are all over it. I was pulling for ED but you're making extremely difficult to but of course that's not gonna stop me no matter what. Y'all beat us, we know because OMG you said it over and over. It took your best game and your best effort to beat us by 2 points, on a onsides kick call. I like Battle personally, but for the sake of your health, better hope he don't choke like his dad was prone to do.
ill be fine regardless. i promise you that! ill still be proud of our team whether we win it or not! dont call me sir and then call me a thorn on these threads. it shows you dont mean it when you say sir. if im a thorn you are a dagger.

Nobody has shut our running game down all year!

Same, that's why we're both in this game

We have 5 or 6 great backs!
STOP, there's not a football team on earth who has that many "great backs" -- Witherspoon is our featured back and a great player, but of course we have other capable options. I'm going to assume the same with y'all. Chris Benson is the featured back and you've got some other talented rb's to compliment him.

I would love to know how Witherspoon matches up to Boyce!

Well, Merry Christmas my friend:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5639549/mckinley-witherspoon (Gee)
http://www.hudl.com/profile/7796508/tj-boyce (Boyce)

I can't really see anybody being much better than Boyce!

Hop on 41, head about 2 hours west to Laurinburg, NC and you'll find this guy http://www.hudl.com/profile/4620716/zamir-white -- #1 RB in the country
after reading your novel i still expect a great game!

Reactions: strikerHHS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT