ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Yea , me too. I had even thought about staying watching both games. But not sure about that now.

according to computer models, we are the underdogs. calpreps has it Hibriten 28 ED 24. usatoday has it Hibiriten 30 ED 20. i hope we can pull it out. im confident we can.

Different week and the same talk! We gave up 40 rushing yards vs Shelby on 20 carries. The Hibriten Defense will shut 'em down. !

With ALL DUE respect to Shelby. This rushing attack is better than anything they could hope to put on the field in the last five years. East Duplin has a STABLE of backs ALL capable of leading the area in rushing. We played the majority of this season without our most talented runner. Chris Benson. Ask ND about him. He just shredded them for 281 yards.

East Duplin will be ready. Win or lose, you'll know we were there.

He is very good. Damn good.

I don't doubt that. There are dozens of damn good running backs though. Check out some hudls from the 3A and 4A teams. I don't think he would be any better than Hibriten, South Point, or Shelby's rbs in 2A

I don't doubt that. There are dozens of damn good running backs though. Check out some hudls from the 3A and 4A teams. I don't think he would be any better than Hibriten, South Point, or Shelby's rbs in 2A

Maybe, maybe not. I don't doubt that a bit of hyperbole peppered TD's post. We don't have to take things so literal.

Reactions: Chopper747
Dag gone, didn't know I was that blind without my cheater glasses, spelling abbreviated Wallace way. darn. Went back and at time post I did and saw how bad it was. I need eye support.

Reactions: 96panther
Thing is, If a back goes down or comes out for E.D., there is another one coming in with no let down in production. They just keep coming, coming, wearing defenses down to a frazell .

East Duplin has five victories over the top 20 2A teams in the state (as ranked by Simmons) Three over teams who played in championship games tonight.

I'm sure the boys will do just fine.

I counted six ED wins over Simmons Top 20 teams:
2A WRH ranked 2
2AA North Davidson # 8
2AA Randleman #10
2A SWO ranked #14
3A Jacksonville #14
2A Clinton #20

Hibriten has four wins over Simmons Top 20 teams:

2AA Shelby ranked #1
2AA franklin # 13
2AA Newton-Conover #15
3A Jay M.Robinson (Concord) #20

I've seen Hibriten play, once, this season. For a team to pass so little they got to have a strong offensive line, a lot of speed, a great defense and be well coached. That's what I saw from them, and from everything I've read, East Duplin is the same.

Duplin County, must be one tough place with three teams playing for a state title: East Duplin 2AA, Wallace-Rose Hill 2A and 1A North Duplin...Mecklenburg County will have three teams, there, too, 4AA Mallard Creek, 4A Harding and 3A Charlotte Catholic but they have a few more schools.

According to Google, East Duplin is in Beulaville, NC, and is about 130 miles from Chapel Hill...I've never been there but I sure like its name. That was my Mother's name, Beulah, not Beulaville.

I know where Lenoir is. It's between Hickory and Boone and not too far from here. According to Google their drive is about 160 miles.

Hibriten hasn't played for a state title and I can't remember if East Duplin has or not.This seems to have all the makings of a great game. Should be something to see. Fans who have teams playing in the ship are very fortunate. Doesn't get any better.

I didn't count Jacksonville because they're 3A. I was only counting 2A teams.

That 34--14 crap AIN'T happening. It will heck of a lot closer than that. I say E.D. by 9.
We'll see.... 4 time back to back champion Shelby didn't believe me either. E. Duplin won't even score 9 points in this game. You'd better have some sort of passing attack because your run game will be shut down

There is another poster who says it will take two or three men to whip one from Belmont. In Duplin Co. It will take a pickup load of men to whip one from Duplin Co. When you are down here, you are in big FARM Country. Down here the whole family has pickup trucks. Even grama has a pickup.

Ha just like clockwork. Every playoff week (for years) first two days are always analyzing/questioning/knocking Hibriten's schedule strength. The better wins battle is a wash really. It's convenient the comparison was Top 20 with Clinton being #20. Stretch that out to Top 25 wins (most common measuring used in football) and each team has 6.

I'll give it to East Duplin, though: SOS Rank: ED #14, Hibriten #41 .... but Shelby had the #1 SOS on the year, so again, take all of this for what it's worth...

No one's predictions are going to come with any merit - no accurate way to really compare these teams. We're still playing football in December, I think it's safe to bet both teams are really good!

There is another poster who says it will take two or three men to whip one from Belmont. In Duplin Co. It will take a pickup load of men to whip one from Duplin Co. When you are down here, you are in big FARM Country. Down here the whole family has pickup trucks. Even grama has a pickup.
I'm diving a pickup to Chapel Hill does that help?

Reactions: daletec
We'll see.... 4 time back to back champion Shelby didn't believe me either. E. Duplin won't even score 9 points in this game. You'd better have some sort of passing attack because your run game will be shut down
NOBODY has shut our running game down all year! i dont see that changing vs Hibriten! who's to say Hibriten's running game wont be shut down? and if we dont score 9 thats fine. as long as we score more than Hibriten. i hear you guys have a great back in Witherspoon! we have 5 or 6 great backs! take your pick! we also saw a great back last night in North Davidson's TJ Boyce! the kid is a stud! i would love to know how Witherspoon matches up to Boyce! i cant really see anybody being much better than Boyce!

Reactions: my_2cents
That's right, they will be in for a long game thinking like that. A one rb stud verses 5 rbs studs. Sounds to me like another Western team bites the dirt, and I am that confident.

One slight note, Tarhill_gregg said E.D. wouldn't score 9 pts. It's funny in a post this morning I predicted a E.D. win by, (guess what), 9 pts before he posted his statement not scoring 9 pts. We win by nine at least.

are you a Hibriten fan, or do you wait to see who wins?

Gee, Thomas, Logan, Wyke, Jones all tote the rock quite nicely. Gee averages about 8 carries a game. Were not a 1 trick pony.
This is true^ the guys that sat behind me last night was really surprised at how many carries Gee was getting. Their is a lot more than 1 RB in their stable also. Heck their whole team speed is crazy fast. I don't know anything about ED so I cannot speak on the outcome but best believe I'm gonna be their to find out
Btw I'll be in my Challenger can't miss it :D

My God who heck cares if you have a pickup truck or not. You come out where I live trying to whip somebody you are just going to get your a$$ capped, whether its one or 10 innuoir pickup truck. This is freaking football. Two great high school teams. All that other BS is nonsense

Reactions: beamer24
I had not heard about your other backs. I said yesterday that we would learn of each other's teams during the coming week. So now we are learning what we each have. It will be a very tough game no doubt.

I don't think any other school out east(WRH included) could have gone through 3 solid teams from the west to get this far. Says alot about ED as a team.

Griddie don't get your panties in a wad, you might get capped yourself, jackass ,we are that same way here. Just talking junk nervous hair.just repeating what another poster says sometimes. I think he is from South P oint. Want to talk junk but can't take it.

So you conceding the 2a west dominance

Of course, yall are 8-32 against the west in this century, 3A and 4A margins are worse or the same.

Even if both east teams win you'll be 10-32. If you had to play Whitevilles(or even S Columbus) playoff schedule you wouldn't have made it to the title game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT