ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Congrats once again to my friends at ED I bet yall could not wait for that clock to hit 0:00 lol....like I said last week State Championship Week is fun for the kids and the fans enjoy it probably the best two weeks of my playing days back in 05 and 06......Hope yall bring it home to the East and the ECC....that way when we beat yall next year we can say we beat the defending state champs :D lol.....Good luck I got ED winning a smashmouth 3 yards and a cloud of dust game 14-10

It ain't about stopping the flexbone, it's about stopping Gee. I hope he gets comfortable in Kenan Stadium, it would be nice to see him there again in a couple years.

Reactions: beamer24
It ain't about stopping the flexbone, it's about stopping Gee. I hope he gets comfortable in Kenan Stadium, it would be nice to see him there again in a couple years.
Stopping Gee isn't easy, 167 yards and 3 tds against a Shelby team with several D-1 prospects including all-america Dax Hollifield. After watching some video highlights of East Duplin , my first guess in a prediction will be Hibriten- 34, East Duplin- 14
The West seems to just be better football in this classification

Reactions: beamer24
Stopping Gee isn't easy, 167 yards and 3 tds against a Shelby team with several D-1 prospects including all-america Dax Hollifield. After watching some video highlights of East Duplin , my first guess in a prediction will be Hibriten- 34, East Duplin- 14
We played 3 straight western teams to get where we are. We’ve stopped the flexbone offense already this year. We’ve slowed possibly the best runner in the state (Javonte Willams, WRH) and even beat one of the teams that is playing for the 2A SC. This won’t be a blow out. Point blank.

I think the two keys in this game will be East's defense and turnovers. We all know East has some offensive power and that Hibriten's defense is playing well right now. If East's defense can match what Shelby's did for the majority of the game against Hibriten, I think East should be able to score enough points to win. Turnovers could play a big role too, Hibriten is prone to them.

It should be a quick game too since both teams love to run. An old fashion style of game. Old timers will love it.

I've thought the winner of ED/ND would win the 2AA Title (even against Shelby) and so I'm going to stick with that and say East Duplin by 7. But this is going to be a good one and I wouldn't be surprised if Hibriten wins.

You're in for a BIG surprise with that generalization. You're talking about history these teams are about making history right here and now!

Different week and the same talk! We gave up 40 rushing yards vs Shelby on 20 carries. The Hibriten Defense will shut 'em down. Good luck tackling Gee! you have not seen a rb like him! I have watch high school football most of my life and I never seen any kid with the level if talent you will witness Saturday!! Oh and I watch high school in Florida where the big boys play and never seen such a great player. Watch highlights of Barry Sanders and you will know what Gee looks like. Potential pro player!

Different week and the same talk! We gave up 40 rushing yards vs Shelby on 20 carries. The Hibriten Defense will shut 'em down. Good luck tackling Gee! you have not seen a rb like him! I have watch high school football most of my life and I never seen any kid with the level if talent you will witness Saturday!! Oh and I watch high school in Florida where the big boys play and never seen such a great player. Watch highlights of Barry Sanders and you will know what Gee looks like. Potential pro player!
you really should do stand up comedy! get back with me after Saturday's game!

Reactions: my_2cents
After watching BJ Emmons run the football for 3 years, Gee is the next best thing.

As a junior, Gee might have a slight edge in some areas compared to Emmons junior year. Bj was crazy good his senior year! Gee is the best RB I've seen this year, including FNF.

We are not The Black Knights! We have the too D ib 2a. We don't give uo 28 points ti any team! Shelby had 2 first downs in the first half. We give up 1 trash td per game and that is it

Haha! I can already see it, After ever game the post reads: Gee Witherspoon was as good as advertised!
im just kidding. i really expect a close game that could go either way. words of warning for you, EAST CENTRAL 2A CONFERENCE WING-T

It is kind if sad that somebodies 0 has to go. Both teams have had tough Regional losses before and now we both get over the hump at the same time.
i agree with you on that. at least one team wont have the "we've been here before" advantage over the other team.

We are not The Black Knights! We have the too D ib 2a. We don't give uo 28 points ti any team! Shelby had 2 first downs in the first half. We give up 1 trash td per game and that is it
we have the D too! we didnt have our best game, but all credit to that goes to North Davidson's great offense, especially their passing game! i dont doubt how good Hibriten is, but dont think just because you beat Shelby that youre going to automatically beat us! many, including myself, have thought that ED may very well be the best 2A team in the state for most of the year! our running game is a machine, and we have several backs who can and will hurt you! we run by committee. you will see soon enough!

Just checked out some highlights of gee the team. And he does look good .no matter what the outcome of the game you should really check out wrh 3,21,
Also looks like we will finally get to play a game that we are used to.should be alot like Fri nights in the ECC 3 and dust we really love this style of football down here.
Also you may just see afew nice backs dressed in blue. Go ed!!!

Reactions: 96panther
No matter what happens saturday these are 2 champion teams already! I gave a goofy prediction just ti get your fur in a knot. I hope it is a great game and we need lots of fans to fill uo the seats as best we can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT