ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Hibriten fans talk like they’ve been to the ship before I thought y’all were in the same boat as us lol you better be humble that’s all I can say man you haven’t play against a defense like this you talk shutouts out and stuff well we had 7 last year maybe 8 if I’m not mistaken... and FYI a shutout doesn’t mean you are good it mean your opponent wasn’t .

A shutout means your opponent wasn't good? Yeah, thanks for clearing that up, chief. It goes without saying. No matter how "bad" the opponent might be, a shutout is ALWAYS a hell of an accomplishment.

Shutouts don't mean you're good? Eh, general consensus is that "scoring defense" is the top defensive metric, but live your dream ...

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
96 any of your group planning on staying for the WRH game? I think our group is trying to work it out to go to all 3 games. I honestly hope we can because that would be a blast to do.
if i end up riding with my usual partner(s) probably so. but i have to see if any family or what not wants to go. people that havent even been to a game all year might want to go see us try to make history one more time.

LOL. We've got 7 shutout's on the season. I'm not saying you don't have a solid defense, but 0% chance your squad is drastically better than the one our offense see's in practice every week.
we set a shutout record for our school last year when most of our players now were juniors. difference this year is in most games we built such a huge lead that our starters didnt play much at all after halftime, hence less shutouts. i can guarantee you though that our defense this year is even better than last years shutout record setting defense! most are seniors. a year stronger, faster, and better than they were last year!

Reactions: thegoat357
we set a shutout record for our school last year when most of our players now were juniors. difference this year is in most games we built such a huge lead that our starters didnt play much at all after halftime, hence less shutouts. i can guarantee you though that our defense this year is even better than last years shutout record setting defense! most are seniors. a year stronger, faster, and better than they were last year!
Kinda like talking to a brick wall with these two guys they are so excited man it’s crazy trying to tell them everything they’ve done we’ve done it too lol it’s hilarious... All those shutouts don’t mean Sugar Honey Ice Tea now we’ve did it and it didn’t mean nothing then you won’t pitch a shutout against us... We play second and third string guys over here

Reactions: 96panther
Both of these teams are playing for their first State championship, i know nothing about the eastern part of the state in regards to FB. I hope for a great game and an HHS win.

The offense and defense will figure itself out on the field.

if i end up riding with my usual partner(s) probably so. but i have to see if any family or what not wants to go. people that havent even been to a game all year might want to go see us try to make history one more time.
One more time?

you all, I'm not a East Duplin fan, I follow a rival school I'm just telling you the way it is, you can take it or leave it. Shelby a 4 time defending champion, They're not a champion of any kind this year. Hey we look at and know Shelby, this was the year to beat them.You won't be facing Shelby Saturday afternoon and then you going to say all ____! Good luck anyway!:D
Say what you will about Shelby being down, just shows you know nothing. Shelby lost 2 games, one to South Pointe S.C., a highly nationally ranked team that to this point was held to their season lows in most categories against Shelby. The other loss was to top ranked and defending 3A state champ South Point, a game they avenged two weeks later at South Point. Don't tell us that BS! Shelby is still legit with several D-1 players!

Say what you will about Shelby being down, just shows you know nothing. Shelby lost 2 games, one to South Pointe S.C., a highly nationally ranked team that to this point was held to their season lows in most categories against Shelby. The other loss was to top ranked and defending 3A state champ South Point, a game they avenged two weeks later at South Point. Don't tell us that BS! Shelby is still legit with several D-1 players!
Shelby lost 3 games. they lost to y'all too!

Should be an outstanding ball game

East Duplin great offense
Hibriten great defense (4ppg coming into tonight)

It’s going to be a slobber knocker and unless one of the two gets all tore up with the bright lights of being on the big stage for the first time it should be a down to the wire ball game ..

You fans are in for a treat with these two ... finally getting over the regional hump and now a chance for a title! Both fan bases should be excited

Best of luck to both
we have a great defense too! the main thing that hurt our defensive numbers some in the playoffs was that we played three predominantly passing teams, which is not our strength. from what i understand Hibriten is mainly a running team. just the way we like it!

I know nothing of East Duplin so I can't say who'll win but they better awfully dang good to beat Hibriten. Most everyone neutral already had Shelby penciled in for their 5th straight and we now know how that went
imo we are "awfully dang good".

Beamer do you have any idea if we can bring the cannon? Just wouldn't feel right without it.
I doubt theNCHSSA will allow you to bring the cannon. They don't want you to have any fun. They don't even allow fans to paint their face or put stickers on it

Last edited:
Well maybe you should do a little research on who they have played. They did beat the 3 time defending state champion WRH (@WRH). That should speak for the quality of their team as well, wouldn't you think?
I already said what I think. Who knows? I thought Wallace was 1AA. They are playing Reidsville which IS a known commodity in the east, (even though they are seeded as a WESTERN team.) We will see about that game and the game with ND and HHS this weekend...THEN we will know, at least this year.

I already said what I think. Who knows? I thought Wallace was 1AA. They are playing Reidsville which IS a known commodity in the east, (even though they are seeded as a WESTERN team.) We will see about that game and the game with ND and HHS this weekend...THEN we will know, at least this year.
you mean ED and HHS.

Reactions: thekidd12
TarHeel_Gregg, seriously, I know all about Shelby, been following them closely since 1997; and as to what I know? I've forgotten more than you'll ever know. South Pointe of Rock Hill won the DC 4A championship. They defeated Shelby 25-0. Most teams that played South Pointe at least scored. I didn't say Shelby wasn't any good, I said this was the year to play them and it was. No conference championship, no regional championship and no state championship. By Shelby standards, that's down.

Reactions: dogs79
Shelby lost 3 games. they lost to y'all too!
Y'all???? LOL, I am not a Hibriten fan, I just know you'll have to have one helluva team to beat them. I guarantee you one thing, Hibriten will lay the wood and bring the pain. Very physical team. Teams from the East haven't competed in recent years in this classification and I feel it will be no different this year. I honestly feel they are at least 4 teams in the West better than the best team in the East. Hibriten, Shelby, South Point and Mt. Pleasant all could easily win this game. I may be wrong but that's why they play the game . I've seen film of East Duplin on Hudl and max preps and they have a good team, no doubt. I still feel that Hibriten is more physical and Quicker and East Duplin will have to throw to have a chance. Still , even after doing more research on East Duplin, I still say Hibriten 34-7

Y'all???? LOL, I am not a Hibriten fan, I just know you'll have to have one helluva team to beat them. I guarantee you one thing, Hibriten will lay the wood and bring the pain. Very physical team. Teams from the East haven't competed in recent years in this classification and I feel it will be no different this year. I honestly feel they are at least 4 teams in the West better than the best team in the East. Hibriten, Shelby, South Point and Mt. Pleasant all could easily win this game. I may be wrong but that's why they play the game . I've seen film of East Duplin on Hudl and max preps and they have a good team, no doubt. I still feel that Hibriten is more physical and Quicker and East Duplin will have to throw to have a chance. Still , even after doing more research on East Duplin, I still say Hibriten 34-7
34-7? more physical than East Duplin? youre out of your mind! youre right, you obviously know nothing about ED or you wouldnt post such ridiculous mess!

By your thinking,if ED was to win,then ED is better than all those "western" powerhouses. With your pick,you going to give me 28 points on a friendly wager? Really I don't need that many points

Reactions: 96panther
By your thinking,if ED was to win,then ED is better than all those "western" powerhouses. With your pick,you going to give me 28 points on a friendly wager? Really I don't need that many points
Once again just my opinion like you have one also and I respect that so just wait till Saturday. My opinion is unbiased while yours is but I wouldn't expect anyone to expect their team to lose. Good luck to ya!

I'll have an extra basket of bird at the game. After you lose, you invited to come over and eat some and have a drink. The drink of the day is shine infused with plum juice, the meat is crow cause you'll need it. If you can't stand the crow I'll still let you hit the Mason jar to get over your sorrow and disposition of the mind and brain. The shine will help you wrap your mind around the loss.

I'll have an extra basket of bird at the game. After you lose, you invited to come over and eat some and have a drink. The drink of the day is shine infused with plum juice, the meat is crow cause you'll need it. If you can't stand the crow I'll still let you hit the Mason jar to get over your sorrow and disposition of the mind and brain. The shine will help you wrap your mind around the loss.
Hey I wanna come over and have a nip out if the Ol mason jar o_O

If the officials are bought off Hibriten might win the the game, otherwise Hibriten is about to take big L.
You got to be freakin kidding me. Ask Shelby. A lot of smack talk, but the end result still the same. No one has given HHS a prayers chance. I'm glad we're under the radar and do our talking on the field. Watch the highlights of HHS #27 laying the wood on Shelby #11. This is a very physical HHS Team. As for HHS #25, well the last team (Shelby) was exceptionally fast. Ask them about GEE. There is more to HHS than #25, but it will take you experiencing it to figure that out.

Put ya money where your mouth is kid.
Still waiting for a response @TarHeel_Gregg

Really. Keep Talking. Red nation is coming. I like it when people let their motor mouths run constantly. Makes for good conversation after the game. Keep talking.

You got to be freakin kidding me. Ask Shelby. A lot of smack talk, but the end result still the same. No one has given HHS a prayers chance. I'm glad we're under the radar and do our talking on the field. Watch the highlights of HHS #27 laying the wood on Shelby #11. This is a very physical HHS Team. As for HHS #25, well the last team (Shelby) was exceptionally fast. Ask them about GEE. There is more to HHS than #25, but it will take you experiencing it to figure that out.
what do you mean noone has given Hibriten a prayer's chance? at least two computer models have Hibriten winning. i, along with most of my fellow ED fans predict a close game! matter of fact THE ONLY FANS i have seen predict a blowout score are those people predicting Hibriten to blow ED out! and im sure those fans are either Hibriten fans or neutral fans that are going for Hibriten! so it looks to me that the team being given the least chance of winning is ED! you need to reevaluate the evidence there big guy!

Reactions: EDPanther99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT