ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

cold weather can enhance injuries that you didn't think were all that bad. It's the reason Navy SEALS train in cold water. I wonder if your RB had a nagging injury that he was able to manage until playing in subfreezing temperatures exposed it a little more?
Good poin! Scott was ED's best back, not Benson like some fans try to claim. Scott hurt cost them their offense.

Benson was our best back when Scott was also in the game but Scott was a very close second. trust me. im an ED fan. i know my team.

Reactions: my_2cents
Benson was our best back when Scott was also in the game but Scott was a very close second. trust me. im an ED fan. i know my team.
I was told by several,close to your program that Scott was a leader and best back. I'm definitely not cutting Benson,but Scott was the man.

Got ya junglecat. If you who I think you are we go back to 77 or 78. Your someone that I disagree with on a lot of sports,but agree on life and faith. Are you who I think you are

I know 96 really believes that Benson is our best back and I respect his opinion. But I've called Scott our best player for two years, The impact that he makes on offense AND defense gives him the slight edge. If he were a one way player and could focus on just running the rock... man, he'd be hard to handle. Hell. He already is hard to handle.

New to the board do all this on here talking about #9 ed for getting hurt hib played with out there starting def ends one 6’3 an the other 6’6 got hurt during Shelby game #82 also plays wr #56 plays guard 56 played 2 series an re injured his ankle.

Great game I was there also been to about every hib game since 2009 believe me they missed those 2 I don’t think ed would have scored if they play.

Vinniejr1, IF, if, if. You as crazy as the day is long. IF we had that rb that got hurt in the lineup we would have whipped the red Panthers a$&. Now, all of this IF bullcrap can be argued till my cows come home, but it will not change the outcome of the game. I had moved on and accepted the loss, but only because I know we gave your team ALL ,ALL your team could stand. I was beginning to feel like I was going thru withdrawals from no high school football to look forward too for what I call a long time. Can you believe it, we will be sweating the next time we see a game. But I had to respond to Vinnie boy about the if he spoke of.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Watched this game. if #9 for ED didn't get hurt i say Hibriten has no chance. 3 carries 101 yds and the dline was crazy good but the better team don't always win. history tells us that. I was on Hibriten side pulling for them. But have to be a realistic sometimes

When did he go out?

I know 96 really believes that Benson is our best back and I respect his opinion. But I've called Scott our best player for two years, The impact that he makes on offense AND defense gives him the slight edge. If he were a one way player and could focus on just running the rock... man, he'd be hard to handle. Hell. He already is hard to handle.
fair enough. both are great backs!

Reactions: EDPanther99
When did he go out?
sometime around end of first quarter to beginning of second quarter. he went back in at start of second half for only one play but i guess he/they realized he couldnt go and never played again. it had to be agonizing for him.

This is starting to sound like the Shelby/Hibriten thread. The bottom line is the best team (Hibriten) won the game. Move on fellas.....Hibriten was and is the better team.

Reactions: aftermath
sometime around end of first quarter to beginning of second quarter. he went back in at start of second half for only one play but i guess he/they realized he couldnt go and never played again. it had to be agonizing for him.

I didn't know that. And yeah, I could see how that would have made a difference in the game.

Hate it for him. You are right, you know it had to be agonizing for him but the fact that he tried to come back in and play shows his character.

This is starting to sound like the Shelby/Hibriten thread. The bottom line is the best team (Hibriten) won the game. Move on fellas.....Hibriten was and is the better team.
nobody said Hibriten wasnt the better team. of course we all usually think "our" team is better but i dont think any ED fan has said that. where have you seen an ED fan say ED was better? ill wait.

Best team won we know that just saying hib two best def ends was out #9 was a stud but you don’t run outside own hib with them in their.

nobody said Hibriten wasnt the better team. of course we all usually think "our" team is better but i dont think any ED fan has said that. where have you seen an ED fan say ED was better? ill wait.
I will say ED was better than Shelby. Had ED been playing anyone but Hibriten, the trophy was yours! ED really impressed

I will say ED was better than Shelby. Had ED been playing anyone but Hibriten, the trophy was yours! ED really impressed
or if our back didnt get hurt we still might have won. of course you will disagree but i think we would have.

Reactions: dogs79
I congratulated your team & your fans also rite after the game. I wanted to meet some of your fans but couldn't because my mother inlaw was admitted to the hospital there with a bad virus Friday nite. So my wife missed the game and told me to go watch the game so i did. Then stuck around for the Reidsville, Wallace game.What i saw were two very strong teams fighting hard to win . Your team is very good as are our black Panthers.

or if our back didnt get hurt we still might have won. of course you will disagree but i think we would have.
Not taking away anything from your RB, but Hibriten is excellent at making adjustments on defense to limit what an offense/player is doing best. Halftime adjustments would have clamped down on his 2nd half stats. Just my opinion....

Reactions: 96panther
Got ya junglecat. If you who I think you are we go back to 77 or 78. Your someone that I disagree with on a lot of sports,but agree on life and faith. Are you who I think you are

Nope brother! My class was ‘91 at ED. I have been going to the games since 94 or so. I was too hard headed and wild to even care about it when I was in school. But a good woman and the Lord JESUS fixed that in 94.

VinnieJr1, if it wasn't for my wife being the understanding sports minded kind woman she is I would have missed the game. It was her mom that got sick at my brother in law's home in Chapel Hill. He took her to hospital ,called my wife we met him there. I hung around with them and made to the game Midway 1qtr. I must say it was a game that had me on edge and as nervous as a sinner in holy court. The bad thing is we had to stay another nite in Chapel Hill so I went to the Wallace , Reidsville game. Good game also.

Reactions: 96panther
patsfball, It would have been nice for us if you had to deal with two 1st string backs rather than one. But, I am going to say something I hate even hearing, ( it is what it is).You folks enjoy your big WIN and hope to see you somewhere on the football highway next year.

Reactions: patsfball
Wanted to stay for second game but watched it on the phone on the way home great game number 3 on Wallace-Rose committed to tar heels right after game.

Any of you fans from both teams posting here starting to feel like you may be going thru football withdrawals knowing no more Friday nite lights until the sweatiest time of the year. We start the season swatting bugs under the lights and end it in a snow storm. What a year.

I like so many others have been there through the thick and the thin with ED. Believe me when i tell you some times it was real thin. There was a time when ED had the longest losing streak in the state and one of those years we barely had enough players to finish the season. Back then we were everybody's homecoming opponent and the door mat of the conference but those days are long gone. I sure wish we could have pulled that one out saturday but it was not God's will for it to happen or it would have. This is just a game played by young men, but to our community it was a season that it needed to have from our school to lift up those around our school and God showed up in the midst of it all. What happened to start last saturday's game happened 15 other times this year and it was awesome to see every time it happened. When i got up Sunday i was still and East Duplin Panther and today and every day until God calls me home and i'm pretty sure that some of those young men who praised Him for the wins will be there with me. And as a side note, i get the feeling there is a little something brewing in Beulaville and now that the blue has seen the big stage, i wouldn't at all be surprised to see them there again one day and i'll be there with them!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT