ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Well , I won't say we will be there because you never can what a new year will bring. But the way looks around here we just might. After the first two rounds, like this year is where the smash mouth, run & gun teams will be and sometimes it's hard to get thru all that. You can bet there will be some hunger in the boys because they got a good dose of what it's like to be in it for the Championship .

Reactions: dogs79
Numbers , 10, 2, 9, are Sr's, and #36 is a Jr. I'm not sure of the other two, I don't have a program rite now. There are some good backs left in the cat den but they have to prove themselves worthy I'm sure.

Vinniejr1, IF, if, if. You as crazy as the day is long. IF we had that rb that got hurt in the lineup we would have whipped the red Panthers a$&. Now, all of this IF bullcrap can be argued till my cows come home, but it will not change the outcome of the game. I had moved on and accepted the loss, but only because I know we gave your team ALL ,ALL your team could stand. I was beginning to feel like I was going thru withdrawals from no high school football to look forward too for what I call a long time. Can you believe it, we will be sweating the next time we see a game. But I had to respond to Vinnie boy about the if he spoke of.

Here you go with all that jawing again! Where was your 35 mouth? Where was your W by 21? 14? Didnt happen! Yeah ED shut down Gee but you didnt shut him down enough did ya? Nope! Got out coached, and our D out played your O! Period! Enough said! Move on. You said you was such a big ole boy! Well put your big ole boy pants on take that L like a big ole boy should and shut up. Better luck next time!

Here you go with all that jawing again! Where was your 35 mouth? Where was your W by 21? 14? Didnt happen! Yeah ED shut down Gee but you didnt shut him down enough did ya? Nope! Got out coached, and our D out played your O! Period! Enough said! Move on. You said you was such a big ole boy! Well put your big ole boy pants on take that L like a big ole boy should and shut up. Better luck next time!
look you guys won and deserved it, but how exactly did we get out coached?

Kept keying on Gee. Looked like ED had a plan that if they stopped Gee we was done. I said it before the game. Go ahead key on him, then boom someone else will get it done. Your coaching staff had to know we where gonna pull something outta the hat when our running game wasnt working. You have to be prepared for that. Wasnt. Caught your D and coaches off guard with that, and the other td pass. Keying on that run got ED burnt twice. Thats being out coached.
We had the say thing happen to us few years back @ West Rowan. Had them beat. They pulled out a couple trick plays, reverse flea flick shit, busted our ass with it. When your up against the wall, you gotta dig down in that play book and pull the rabbit out the hat so to speak.
I'll be one the 1st ones to tell you your ED boys where real good. Lot of great talent. I was really impressed with #15! Hhs just made the big plays when it counted. Usually deep in the playoffs thats not done to perfection. But Saturday those young men got it done! Hats off to ED. They brought it. Just came up a little bit short. Nothing to hang there heads about what so ever. I wish you guys luck next year. Hell, maybe well get paired up again, do this again give ED chance for redemption.
Gotta give ole firecat hell! After all the crap he talked...lol! And i damn sure know he'd done me the same! Its all good fun! On to BB!

Last edited:
Ed loses a ton to graduation. Most of the dline all their back field and qb. This year was their shot from what I was told by some of the ED people on staff.

Look bigdog, I gave you your team the kudos your team deserves You jack a$&.You won this year, enjoy it . I'll bet you a yard. ( $ ) your team doesn't repeat . I am not the one who said we would win by 21 you fool. I knew that you had a passing game, might not have been as good as the running game. I told my brother on Friday that if Ed lost it be on a pass play.. When it happened I looked over at my brother at the game and said to him, " I told you so, " and the rest is history. I was over it when the game ended. I was really happy that WRH won thier game.

I can take the ribbing, thats fine . I am a big man who can take it. I have been on both sides of the game myself. It is tough on kids when they lose , and when you win , you feel like you are on top of the world.

Look bigdog, I gave you your team the kudos your team deserves You jack a$&.You won this year, enjoy it . I'll bet you a yard. ( $ ) your team doesn't repeat . I am not the one who said we would win by 21 you fool. I knew that you had a passing game, might not have been as good as the running game. I told my brother on Friday that if Ed lost it be on a pass play.. When it happened I looked over at my brother at the game and said to him, " I told you so, " and the rest is history. I was over it when the game ended. I was really happy that WRH won thier game.

Listen Jethro....You hurried up Sunday, got in your truck, flew over to Granny Clampett's for vittles, but when she pulled that Crow out the oven, musta been humiliating!:cool::D
Dont come back here calling me a jacka$$nor a fool cause that bird was burnt!

Coach lewis was not going to be denied this time around. He was prepared to win this game! Can't say he's always been prepared - but this year was different!

Jackass&$, I don't eat crow even in defeat .You lost one then you won one . You sir or a wet nose kid, need to move on. You act like a snotty nose kid who wants to Bragg and talk shit after winning says something about your IQ. FOOL. SHUT UP. Done with you babies. You can't carry on a meaningful conversation with these idiots. In another month it all will be meaningless to everybody but your fans. Come next July it all will be old history. and nobody will care about 2017. Enjoy it fool.

Thing is, If a back goes down or comes out for E.D., there is another one coming in with no let down in production. They just keep coming, coming, wearing defenses down to a frazell .

That's right, they will be in for a long game thinking like that. A one rb stud verses 5 rbs studs. Sounds to me like another Western team bites the dirt, and I am that confident.

Just sayin!

Your one RB won’t be able to take the punishment.... Sure if he’s fast he may break for one but ask ND we will shut a single guy out and make you do something different m. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN 3 RB’s #ECCWingT

Our offense numbers speak for itself you guys don’t run like our stable over here we have horses all of them... We are gonna run the ball down your throat Saturday and your defense won’t be able to stop us PERIOD

Just sayin some more!

Jackass&$, I don't eat crow even in defeat .You lost one then you won one . You sir or a wet nose kid, need to move on. You act like a snotty nose kid who wants to Bragg and talk shit after winning says something about your IQ. FOOL. SHUT UP. Done with you babies. You can't carry on a meaningful conversation with these idiots. In another month it all will be meaningless to everybody but your fans. Come next July it all will be old history. and nobody will care about 2017. Enjoy it fool.

Yep, and we will be in the hunt for a repeat...ED will just be.......hunting!!

Reactions: HHSgoodFAN
Ed loses a ton to graduation. Most of the dline all their back field and qb. This year was their shot from what I was told by some of the ED people on staff.
youre right but dont count ED out just yet. we had a very good JV who beat WRH badly and only barely lost to Clinton for the JV title. we might not be as good as this year but we should be no slouch.

Reactions: HHSgoodFAN
Coach lewis was not going to be denied this time around. He was prepared to win this game! Can't say he's always been prepared - but this year was different!
if our DB's werent burnt twice, as im sure they practiced pass coverage at practice, we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

Last edited:
Kept keying on Gee. Looked like ED had a plan that if they stopped Gee we was done. I said it before the game. Go ahead key on him, then boom someone else will get it done. Your coaching staff had to know we where gonna pull something outta the hat when our running game wasnt working. You have to be prepared for that. Wasnt. Caught your D and coaches off guard with that, and the other td pass. Keying on that run got ED burnt twice. Thats being out coached.
We had the say thing happen to us few years back @ West Rowan. Had them beat. They pulled out a couple trick plays, reverse flea flick shit, busted our ass with it. When your up against the wall, you gotta dig down in that play book and pull the rabbit out the hat so to speak.
I'll be one the 1st ones to tell you your ED boys where real good. Lot of great talent. I was really impressed with #15! Hhs just made the big plays when it counted. Usually deep in the playoffs thats not done to perfection. But Saturday those young men got it done! Hats off to ED. They brought it. Just came up a little bit short. Nothing to hang there heads about what so ever. I wish you guys luck next year. Hell, maybe well get paired up again, do this again give ED chance for redemption.
Gotta give ole firecat hell! After all the crap he talked...lol! And i damn sure know he'd done me the same! Its all good fun! On to BB!
thats not outcoached! i guarantee you that our coaches told our DB's to ALWAYS be looking for the deep ball despite Hibriten's tendency to run run run. the coaches cant be on the field defending the recievers themselves! the coach coaches the players the best they can and the players have to perform. i think focusing mostly on the run was the obviously right thing to do because Hibriten runs almost exclusively. you cant blame the coaches if the players get burnt, as long as the coaching was there. that second pass was on your reciever's finger tips but he still made a heck of a catch! if he dropped it like it looked like he would to me, we might have won anyway. heck, if our RB hadnt gotten hurt we might have won anyway!

thats not outcoached! i guarantee you that our coaches told our DB's to ALWAYS be looking for the deep ball despite Hibriten's tendency to run run run. the coaches cant be on the field defending the recievers themselves! the coach coaches the players the best they can and the players have to perform. i think focusing mostly on the run was the obviously right thing to do because Hibriten runs almost exclusively. you cant blame the coaches if the players get burnt, as long as the coaching was there. that second pass was on your reciever's finger tips but he still made a heck of a catch! if he dropped it like it looked like he would to me, we might have won anyway. heck, if our RB hadnt gotten hurt we might have won anyway!
79 and I both thought you were going to win easy until your man got hurt. It definitely made a huge difference in the outcome

79 and I both thought you were going to win easy until your man got hurt. It definitely made a huge difference in the outcome
If we had our DE that broke his collar bone against Shelby, that big run might not have happened. Was a big key to our D line, then we lost RT in 1st half too.

Outta here! Football is over!
#August!
agreed. at the end of the day we lost and y'all won. there are literally a lot of what ifs in any game. i wish we could go back and play the game over but we cant. we had our chance and like i said before, regardless of the ifs, ands, or buts in the game, y'all still scored two more points than we did. your first title came this season at our expense. maybe we win our first one in the near future!

the guys i was with thought there was a chance we could even win by 2 or 3 TD's, but we also knew Hibriten would fight back and make adjustments. i have to say though, when we scored that first TD and then forced them into three straight 3 and outs, it looked for all the world like it was our game to lose. losing Scott definitely allowed them to focus a lot more on Benson. we have other good backs but those two were our leaders for sure.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
The ED defense was better than I thought. Held WRH to about 180 total yards in a 2 point win and held Hibriten to 190 yards in a 2 point loss.

Hibriten and WRH did little to slow down the ED rushing attack, although ED was down a running back in both games.

Looking at the stats from both those games and I would have guessed ED won both by a wide margin.

Ultimately, the scoreboard is the master.

The ED defense was better than I thought. Held WRH to about 180 total yards in a 2 point win and held Hibriten to 190 yards in a 2 point loss.

Hibriten and WRH did little to slow down the ED rushing attack, although ED was down a running back in both games.

Looking at the stats from both those games and I would have guessed ED won both by a wide margin.

Ultimately, the scoreboard is the master.
thats right. we've always had a bad habit of beating teams pretty comfortably on the stats sheet, but either barely winning on the scoreboard, or even losing the game. it happened to us in the 3rd rd. vs Tarboro in 2010, and then again in this year's title game. we have to get much better in tough games of turning those redzone possessions into more points.

1st of all I was pulling for ECC member East Duplin but there was one coaching decision that seriously disturbed me at the time it occurred I could see the handwriting on the wall. Why in world did coach decide to go for it 4th and 6 or a long 5 just inside the 50-yard line with about 2-3 min to play in the half. The score was 9-7, just a 2 point Hibriten lead in a obvious defensive field position game. Hibritian had the same situation earlier and they punted, downed the ball around Hibriten's 1-yard line and subsequently got the safety. You didn't see Hibriten go for it at midfield. Why didn't ED punt, hopefully backing Hibriten up, flipping the field and hoping the defense held and take it to the half 9-7. ED didn't come close to converting. Hibriten takes over on downs around midfield, runs about 3 plays and then scores from about 43 yards out. Damn, then it's 16-7. ED's defense the 2nd half was brilliant shutting Hibriten out and scoring themselves once to make it 16-14 the final score. I'm not trying to be too critical, and certainly not anti-ED, but I think if they had punted, there's a pretty good chance they could have won that game 14-9. Just my opinion, but it bothered me then and it bothers me now. Sometimes early decisions greatly effect the outcome of the game. I think that was the case Saturday. Just saying, .........not hating, honestly.

Last edited:
Weren't you guys in a title game last year? How did it feel to lose that game? Well now E.D. is going thru the very same thing. They will be ok. Remember, that title you got won't mean a damn thing come August, but you will have Target on your back from teams out west for sure. (Shelby)

Weren't you guys in a title game last year? How did it feel to lose that game? Well now E.D. is going thru the very same thing. They will be ok. Remember, that title you got won't mean a damn thing come August, but you will have Target on your back from teams out west for sure. (Shelby)
Hibritens 1st appearance in a title game was Saturday.

Reactions: 96panther
Wow, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. We're you the West regionals or something last year. Now that I remember it was Shelby and Northside, and NS got spanked.

Send me a t-shirt commemorating the Big Win, I'll add it to my collection of Championship shirts.

1st of all I was pulling for ECC member East Duplin but there was one coaching decision that seriously disturbed me at the time it occurred I could see the handwriting on the wall. Why in world did coach decide to go for it 4th and 6 or a long 5 just inside the 50-yard line with about 2-3 min to play in the half. The score was 9-7, just a 2 point Hibriten lead in a obvious defensive field position game. Hibritian had the same situation earlier and they punted, downed the ball around Hibriten's 1-yard line and subsequently got the safety. You didn't see Hibriten go for it at midfield. Why didn't ED punt, hopefully backing Hibriten up, flipping the field and hoping the defense held and take it to the half 9-7. ED didn't come close to converting. Hibriten takes over on downs around midfield, runs about 3 plays and then scores from about 43 yards out. Damn, then it's 16-7. ED's defense the 2nd half was brilliant shutting Hibriten out and scoring themselves once to make it 16-14 the final score. I'm not trying to be too critical, and certainly not anti-ED, but I think if they had punted, there's a pretty good chance they could have won that game 14-9. Just my opinion, but it bothered me then and it bothers me now. Sometimes early decisions greatly effect the outcome of the game. I think that was the case Saturday. Just saying, .........not hating, honestly.

You and I don't usually agree on much but this decision had me scratching my head.

fair enough. i agree with you on that questionable decision. however, i dont think we got outcoached on the whole. but yes, that was probably the wrong decision in that situation, especially in that it ended up with Hibriten scoring another TD.

I say this not just knowing now and looking back but I said at the time, even posted that the decision to go for it would be costly for ED. With the way ED's defense played I feel fairly certain they would have won the game 14-9 if they had punted successfully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT