ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Great game just waited too long Melvin Scott was hurt early and never returned.... Hibriten’s LB is a stud even though he was never blocked all game why I have no idea.... One trick play and a designed pass along with the muffed punt and safety costed us this game... The player I was referring to all week that I said I’d reveal was my little brother #15 Dorian Pickett great season ED Congrats Hibriten

I would hate to have to beat Reidsville to avoid the sweep. Teams in our area hate to see them show up.

Did anyone really think Hibriten would beat Shelby and then lay an egg against East freakin Duplin?!

:lol

That safety came back to bite East Duplin....sorry fellas
and the terrrible decision to gofor it 4th and 5 at midfield just before the half, giving the ball to Hibriten on a short field, they score in about 3-4 plays Terrible decision.You didn't see Hibriten going for it earlier, they punted put ED on the 1 and got the saftey. That decision whould keep me awake at night if I had made it.

Yeah that was big especially with how good your defense plays why not punt it and pin them back....yeah that was a bad call by Battle but they still had their chances just like ND in a earlier game took way too much time on that final scoring drive.....and that injury to Scott hurt

Did anyone really think Hibriten would beat Shelby and then lay an egg against East freakin Duplin?!

:lol
Nope. No one gave Shelby any credit. I knew it would be an uphill climb for E.Duplin..Either way WEST 2 DUPLIN CO. 0...But def congrats to Duplin county for representin their area..def somethin to be proud of.

Great game and respect to ED. Stout defense and effectively shut down our biggest offensive weapon. That 99 yard drive in the 4th was impressive.

This game had me nervous up to the end like Shelby last week.

Just a little side note, the Hibriten Panthers = A class act......

How can you not have so much respect for Hibriten High School Football Team who just won the State Championship. This team opted to donate the money for a Charter Bus and a motel last night and donate the money to Wesley Oliver's family. The team rode The regular activity bus to Chapel hill. Wesley Oliver, the young man who was killed in a car accident 2 weeks ago. These kids have class and are winners on and off the field!!!!

How can you not have so much respect for Hibriten High School Football Team who just won the State Championship. This team opted to donate the money for a Charter Bus and a motel last night and donate the money to Wesley Oliver's family. The team rode The regular activity bus to Chapel hill. Wesley Oliver, the young man who was killed in a car accident 2 weeks ago. These kids have class and are winners on and off the field!!!!
I will have to say the kids at Hibriten and the fans in the stands at their home games are The best of any school that I have attended to see a game. What a great thing that the school has done for the family of Westley after the accident. You guys are a Class act

If this WRH team is the same one I remember, their game plan consists of the same three plays ED ran all night until forced to do something else they were obviously uncomfortable having to do. I expect run right left up the middle, mix repeat.. If that is good enough, they win, if it isnt, they better have a plan "B" which ED did not have. IF Reidsville (who I am not very familiar with being another eastern team) can pass at all, and WRH cant defend the pass any better than ED did, (and the ND team Cherokee played earlier today) they may be playing a lot of defense.

Reactions: dogs79
I wanna give credit to East Duplin, they played hard and with heart. A break here or there and this game would've had a different result. I gave some of their poster's a hard time but it was just pre game banter. Both teams played hard and with heart with difference being a 2nd quarter safety. E. Duplin has a helluva defense, very quick and athletic. As for Hibriten, only 7 seniors, could make a run for a back to back!

That says a lot about this Panther Nation! Congrats to Beamer and HHSgoodfan and all the Hibriten posters for their State Championship.

If this WRH team is the same one I remember, their game plan consists of the same three plays ED ran all night until forced to do something else they were obviously uncomfortable having to do. I expect run right left up the middle, mix repeat.. If that is good enough, they win, if it isnt, they better have a plan "B" which ED did not have. IF Reidsville (who I am not very familiar with being another eastern team) can pass at all, and WRH cant defend the pass any better than ED did, (and the ND team Cherokee played earlier today) they may be playing a lot of defense.

Reidsville is west of the dividing line

Reactions: daletec
Hasnt Reidsville made it to the SC game from both the east AND west?

So has Scotland, Richmond, Greensboro Page, Greensboro Dudley, High Point Andrews, etc, etc..

and alot of Davidson county schools went east, but none of the schools mentioned are out east.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT