ADVERTISEMENT

WRH/Reidsville thought predictions championship edition

Yea dhag forfeit thats sounds very good on your part,we win by default so glad the rams dont feel like that .cause i know they gonna be ready to play Gods Gift to high school football..

Yea dhag forfeit thats sounds very good on your part,we win by default so glad the rams dont feel like that .cause i know they gonna be ready to play Gods Gift to high school football..
Blackbulldog, i think it will be a pretty close game because Reidsville is Reidsville, but i think your boys are playing too well right now to lose this game. i got WRH winning.

Rams 35-14 thats funny two awesome teams playing against each other its gonna be a slober knocker if u think either team is gonna get blew out wrong thinking we fans can talk all the trash we wont its the players that gonna decide who wins this game..it gonna be a good one but im going for wrh period.my alma matta..

If all those rams played the schedule year in a year out wrh plays they probably lose two or 3 games a season the west teams play weak competition point blank.. SoS of wrh is 4 rams 60 what does that tell u .one yeam play harder competition while one plays cupcakes..

heard that SOS talk through 31 straight wins. have county teams we have to play and then schedule 3-A and 4-A teams. state tells you who you have to play in conference and playoffs.reading this stuff tells me we need to get ready for the end of time. i promise you reidsville will show up. win or lose you can bet they will be prepared. good luck to wrh.

Reactions: dogs79 and Ram2012
Don't know if it would make any difference, but some weather forecasts are saying chance of freezing rain or snow in Chapel Hill Friday night.

National Weather Service for Chapel Hill
Saturday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Saturday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 24.

I'll reply to this with an update about Thursday.

Reactions: 96panther
National Weather Service for Chapel Hill
Saturday ... Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Saturday Night ... Mostly clear, with a low around 24.

I'll reply to this with an update about Thursday.
Lets hope the front doesn't stall until Saturday.:(

If all those rams played the schedule year in a year out wrh plays they probably lose two or 3 games a season the west teams play weak competition point blank.. SoS of wrh is 4 rams 60 what does that tell u .one yeam play harder competition while one plays cupcakes..
We heard the same thing from Edenton Holmes last year and we put a running clock on them in the State Championship.

Reactions: ramking2012
one thing is for sure we aint Edenton Holmes. This will be the game to watch this weekend. This will be the best team Reidsville has seen all year.

rams sure wrh best team we've played. that havelock win jumps out. rams very solid. offense can grind it out or throw it. can hit you quick. OL has three three-year starters.
defense aggressive and physical. don't give up many big plays. generally make you play the whole field.
this team is very good and very well coached. they know how to win and battle tested. won't back down an inch. you have to beat them and that hasn't been done in two years.
but that's why we play the games. has to be won on field. Nobody is unbeatable.

rams sure wrh best team we've played. that havelock win jumps out. rams very solid. offense can grind it out or throw it. can hit you quick. OL has three three-year starters.
defense aggressive and physical. don't give up many big plays. generally make you play the whole field.
this team is very good and very well coached. they know how to win and battle tested. won't back down an inch. you have to beat them and that hasn't been done in two years.
but that's why we play the games. has to be won on field. Nobody is unbeatable.
As long as your Rams no that,it might be a game. Around 9 on Saturday,y'all going to be saying WRH is one of the best team we've ever played ,if they play like they have.I hope y'all bring it. I would love to see the best game I have seen.

Reactions: blackbulldog
anyone that thinks a team won't bring it to a championship game is delusional. i've seen rams play many great teams, including clinton in 1998 with willie parker and west craven with lee bection, a future 1000 yard back and notre dame. i feel it "might" be a game.

Reactions: dogs79
anyone that thinks a team won't bring it to a championship game is delusional. i've seen rams play many great teams, including clinton in 1998 with willie parker and west craven with lee bection, a future 1000 yard back and notre dame. i feel it "might" be a game.
Is your Rams playing their best right now? How do they compare to last years team?

You will still say WRH is one of the best

i'm sure i will. their resume' speaks for itself. never said wrh not a great team. so is reidsville. just don't see much respect being shown for rams, defending state champion like you guys. that alone deserves respect that it "might" be a good game. looking forward to the game. and when it's over i can put up christmas tree to make the wife and kids happy.

As long as your Rams no that,it might be a game. Around 9 on Saturday,y'all going to be saying WRH is one of the best team we've ever played ,if they play like they have.I hope y'all bring it. I would love to see the best game I have seen.
Saying WRH this year is the best team Reidsville has ever played is nonsense.

Just ask Clinton or Shelby or West Craven fans for starters.

i'm sure i will. their resume' speaks for itself. never said wrh not a great team. so is reidsville. just don't see much respect being shown for rams, defending state champion like you guys. that alone deserves respect that it "might" be a good game. looking forward to the game. and when it's over i can put up christmas tree to make the wife and kids happy.
No one has a better resume. I just looked at Reidsville page. Pretty dang awesome. That's all the love you getting.

This rams team is in no comparison to last year's team. Different in way the games have been played this year. With a lot of similar outcomes A team has to be able to throw the ball all over the field to beat the rams. teams have found out if your a run dominant team you will maybe come close but don't win. If we can just score more than 0 we have a chance

Saying WRH this year is the best team Reidsville has ever played is nonsense.

Just ask Clinton or Shelby or West Craven fans for starters.
I
This rams team is in no comparison to last year's team. Different in way the games have been played this year. With a lot of similar outcomes A team has to be able to throw the ball all over the field to beat the rams. teams have found out if your a run dominant team you will maybe come close but don't win. If we can just score more than 0 we have a chance
WRH has had some great running teams. Graduated two running back to ecu two years ago. This years two running back are as good as any. Since playoffs has started our Jr QB has matured into near perfect play. Rams defense will be tested. On defense , mostly senior defense with two rings will swarm to the ball.

Last year's Reidsville team had three studs now playing D1 - two at UNC and one at Appalachian. And super kicker had a really nice freshman year at Ferrum. But the players waiting in the wings for those four to graduate have done quite well.

No doubt W-RH is loaded. Should be a great game.

Questions for W-RH posters ... does Williams also play defense? How many 2-way starters?

Last year's Reidsville team had three studs now playing D1 - two at UNC and one at Appalachian. And super kicker had a really nice freshman year at Ferrum. But the players waiting in the wings for those four to graduate have done quite well.

Questions for W-RH posters ... does Williams also play defense? How many 2-way starters?
Yes he does. Mostly only Williams plays both sides

Williams plays defense when needed. Coach will usually put him in if a team gets in the red zone. Or if the defense is having a tough time. He didn't play any on defense this past Friday night. Wallace is two platoon for the most part. There are a couple others guy who play on one side of the ball and sparingly at times on the other. I don't think any lineman go both ways.

How about Reidsville. Do they have many going both ways?

I will say this about Basden #11 QB for WRH. He is not the same QB I saw against East Duplin. I watched him Friday night against Southwest and he looked at least 3 times better than he did against East Duplin. Now I’m not stupid I know East Duplin has a far better defense than SWO and that definitely was a factor but I’m willing to go out on a limb and say WRH is going to either win or lose based on how #11 plays Saturday night.

DuplinCountyTiger, you hit the nail on the head. Basden has made the most dramatic improvement I have seen a player make in a short period of time. Most of the season we were just glad he completed the handoffs. Now just about every pass he throws is right on the money. And he's now making plays with his arm and his legs, before he was doing neither. The turn around started in the second half of the JK game the last game of the regular season. I hope I dont sound like I'm bashing him for his play early in the year, I'm really just trying to put a spotlight on his improvement. He obviously has continued to work hard, listen to the coaches, and has become a major weapon for the offense. You really can't overstate how much better it makes the offense when you add in the threat of the passing game and him taking off on the run. I've been following
Wallace football for a while and I've never seen a player improve as much in season. Hopefully the dogs will continue playing like they have been in the playoffs and if Reidsville beats them, then good for them they earned it.

Good assesment tiger i think he will be just fine. Right now oir offense is on another level.due to the fact that he has now figired it out running ,

How about Reidsville. Do they have many going both ways?
Several players see regular action on both sides of the ball but there's a rotation in place that keeps them fresh.
It's usual for a small school (1-A or 2-A) to not have guys starting both ways.

Mule. WRH has a pretty good resume. Clinton Tarboro SWO JK
I am well aware of the great talent on the WRH team and the really tough schedule they have played. I was responding to the claim that WRH would be one of the greatest teams that Reidsville has ever played.

That is a ridiculous claim made by a typical biased fan. All Time Great Teams don't lose to anyone.

Trivia memories: About 30 years or so ago I watched WRH play at Western Guilford in the Western Finals. WRH was thumping W Guilford pretty good and W Guilford started a fight as the game was ending. Virtually all of the WRH players participated in the brawl, which would have meant WRH would have had to forfeit the championship game the following week due to not being able to field a team.

The refs huddled for about 30-45 minutes before wisely making the decision to not disqualify the players involved.

So, the next time WRH fans want to cry about officials, you might want to remember what happened back when. They cut you a huge break, as they should have done.

I am well aware of the great talent on the WRH team and the really tough schedule they have played. I was responding to the claim that WRH would be one of the greatest teams that Reidsville has ever played.

That is a ridiculous claim made by a typical biased fan. All Time Great Teams don't lose to anyone.

Trivia memories: About 30 years or so ago I watched WRH play at Western Guilford in the Western Finals. WRH was thumping W Guilford pretty good and W Guilford started a fight as the game was ending. Virtually all of the WRH players participated in the brawl, which would have meant WRH would have had to forfeit the championship game the following week due to not being able to field a team.

The refs huddled for about 30-45 minutes before wisely making the decision to not disqualify the players involved.

So, the next time WRH fans want to cry about officials, you might want to remember what happened back when. They cut you a huge break, as they should have done.
That was 94. We went on the win the championship that yr. A West Guilford fan pushed one of our players in the end zone resulting in the melee. I assume the refs considered that when they didn't eiect anyone.

That was 94. We went on the win the championship that yr. A West Guilford fan pushed one of our players in the end zone resulting in the melee. I assume the refs considered that when they didn't eiect anyone.
is he saying the Dogs really shouldnt have their 2A title? interesting! :)

Last edited:
The rules say if you participate you will be ejected. Doesn't matter who started it, or what the circumstances were. You can't fight, period.

Thought the refs showed great wisdom in not enforcing the rule.

The rules say if you participate you will be ejected. Doesn't matter who started it, or what the circumstances were. You can't fight, period.

Thought the refs showed great wisdom in not enforcing the rule.
I agree

I did say one of the best and I have never cried about officiating. Only once have I said we got screwed and got a friend that has pictures from channel 12 to prove it.

I did say one of the best and I have never cried about officiating. Only once have I said we got screwed and got a friend that has pictures from channel 12 to prove it.
Kind of like the pop song where the lady says " Yes, but only a time or two". Maybe rambbq can give us the details of this goldie oldie.:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT