ADVERTISEMENT

WRH @ Clinton

Kudos to all the Darkhorse players and i have raved about Kaba and Jalen but man our QB Evans made some clutch plays last night aswell....one key 3rd down low snap by the center threw off the timing of the fake jet Knowlydge actually fumbled the ball picked it up reversed field and still got the first down..talk about making something out of nothing kid is a cool customer and does not panic........hats off to the linemen on both sides of the ball aswell just a great all around performance proud of the way that team fought

How did yall like that one play for 2 point conv stole a play from the Philadelphia Eagles QB Evans acts like he was calling a audible walks up to the line direct snap to the running back pitches it to Kaba on the reverse Kaba finds Evans in the endzone.....perfect play call for that situation and executed perfectly......hats off to Coach Johnson and offensive coordinator Matt Grady they have definitely put it together since that awful night at Cape Fear
We also ran one from the Eagles against ED. Philly special

Maxpreps is a mess sometimes i swear....i usually do the score updates maxpreps still had the gane being played on Friday then earlier today they(maxpreps) just decided to put the score from last years game up there.....and i see they have yet to correct the rankings
I sent them the corrected score, and also an email with the correct day of the game. They've updated the score but not the date as of yet. And apparently the Fayetteville Observer looked at MaxPreps as well, because in today's edition they have the score from last year's game as well, smh.

How did yall like that one play for 2 point conv stole a play from the Philadelphia Eagles QB Evans acts like he was calling a audible walks up to the line direct snap to the running back pitches it to Kaba on the reverse Kaba finds Evans in the endzone.....perfect play call for that situation and executed perfectly......hats off to Coach Johnson and offensive coordinator Matt Grady they have definitely put it together since that awful night at Cape Fear
Coach Johnson did say before the season started to expect at least one or two trick plays from the Horses in every game. He's kept his promise thus far!

I sent them the corrected score, and also an email with the correct day of the game. They've updated the score but not the date as of yet. And apparently the Fayetteville Observer looked at MaxPreps as well, because in today's edition they have the score from last year's game as well, smh.

You would think a news outlet like the Fayetteville Observer would check with the schools before posting a score on Ink lol......Earl Vaughn whereever you are please comeback Sports section has not been the same without you.....one of the few writers in that area that actually had a interest in covering Clinton.....the rest dont bother unless we playing someone like Cape Fear

Final observations of the game: For the print and broadcast media that were apparently not covering the game as yet; you just missed it, on what will probably go down as a instant classic in high school football.
Secondly, I'm thankful we got Kaba on our side! That young man can do anything!!!!
Thirdly, a great player like Kaba lifts the level of play by his teammates , so to all the other Darkhorses, proud of you, you came to play a very difficult challenging opponent. Now get ready to play what is traditionally has been just as difficult a opponent ED at their place which I have always described as the Darksiders home away from home, Beaulaville. Get ready, they will give the DarkHorses every bit as much effort as WRH.
Lastly, huge kudos to the DarkHorde coaching staff. (I know coaches say they don't read this stuff but I knowbut they really do) I don't know we what kind of power formation we shifted to ( it reminded me of the old Notre Dame box) I had my binoculars on it and still couldn't recognize it other than it was a power shift to the right and it worked. On the 3rd Down call when we shifted into it I'm thinking run to the left to center ourselves for a game winning field goal . We shifted again to the power right formation but ran left for the winning score. Great call!
This team never got down and didn't quit even when they got 14 down twice.
Their physicality of play was impressive.
To all the other fans of high school foitball ( and there were many, saw a buddy of mine from Reidsville) that attended the game from many other schools as well as coaches. We hope you enjoyed your stay. We usually have an award winning high band to add to the atmosphere and pageantry of the game but they were away at a band competition and they always add their flair to the game. I apologized for our PA system, not sure what has t happened there other than the need for a serious upgrade which I'm sure we can afford .
Whatfever the case to everyone we hope you enjoyed your DarkHorse Stadium experience and hope you visit us again real soon.
Next home game: Nov 2nd vs James Kenan. Y'all come!
Great post, Wiz! Really classy! Imagine how loud that stadium would have been had the band been there along with the rabid crowd!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
You would think a news outlet like the Fayetteville Observer would check with the schools before posting a score on Ink lol......Earl Vaughn whereever you are please comeback Sports section has not been the same without you.....one of the few writers in that area that actually had a interest in covering Clinton.....the rest dont bother unless we playing someone like Cape Fear
And considering Mr. Vaughn's size and health issues, he still covered was able to get to Clinton and cover the team(and other teams in the county). Like you said, this current crop won't venture out of Cumberland County. Why are you posting "regional" teams if you won't cover them?

Great post, Wiz! Really classy! Imagine how loud that stadium would have been had the band been there along with the rabid crowd!

Woke up this morning horse lol.....watch the playback on Monday Night im sure you can hear me yelling the last min of the game for the DBs TO BACK THE HECK(didnt say heck lol) up.....lol

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
And considering Mr. Vaughn's size and health issues, he still covered was able to get to Clinton and cover the team(and other teams in the county). Like you said, this current crop won't venture out of Cumberland County. Why are you posting "regional" teams if you won't cover them?

Man i been preaching that since Mr. Vaughn left...they have the nerve to have a regional school section thats pretty much bare and dated.....and dont get me started on the score predictions...i swear she doesnt research the teams we play or us just throws random scores out there.....her Prediction for the Spring creek game 21-7???? Lol

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Any highlights from local news channels? I would have loved to seen this game. Im going to make the long journey from Murphy one day and catch a game in the area. Congrats to Clinton on the big win.

Woke up this morning horse lol.....watch the playback on Monday Night im sure you can hear me yelling the last min of the game for the DBs TO BACK THE HECK(didnt say heck lol) up.....lol
Unfortunately I can't watch the playback since I live in Cary :(

Man i been preaching that since Mr. Vaughn left...they have the nerve to have a regional school section thats pretty much bare and dated.....and dont get me started on the score predictions...i swear she doesnt research the teams we play or us just throws random scores out there.....her Prediction for the Spring creek game 21-7???? Lol
I nearly choked on my drink when I saw that "prediction". I was thinking "You do realize the only game they've won was against Lejeune. Lejeune!!!" Clinton's Rec program can beat Lejeune, just sayin':cool:

Any highlights from local news channels? I would have loved to seen this game. Im going to make the long journey from Murphy one day and catch a game in the area. Congrats to Clinton on the big win.

Unfortunately I don't think any media was present didnt see any camaras on either sideline or endzone.....sad cause it was a great game....WRAL has been better about getting footage on our home games looks like they dropped the ball this week.....WECT i dont even check anymore they completely abandoned us lol....unless we playing Hoggard or Laney

Reactions: MHS-88
No, none of the 'local' news stations covered it. WECT out of Wilmington used to routinely cover Clinton, but now Clinton is in the Raleigh market, which makes it harder for them to get to Clinton to cover sports since the majority of their sports coverage is in Wake County(which is going to get even harder when South Garner and Green Level High Schools come online with their first varsity football teams).

Reactions: MHS-88
No, none of the 'local' news stations covered it. WECT out of Wilmington used to routinely cover Clinton, but now Clinton is in the Raleigh market, which makes it harder for them to get to Clinton to cover sports since the majority of their sports coverage is in Wake County(which is going to get even harder when South Garner and Green Level High Schools come online with their first varsity football teams).

Welcome to our world. If you played out of Elizabeth City you'd get zero coverage. Va news channels understandably won't cover us,and we're 1.5 hrs from the next closest market which is Greenville.

Can't believe Fayetteville Observer wasn't there! Before Earl Vaughn retired, he wouldn't have missed this one!

Welcome to our world. If you played out of Elizabeth City you'd get zero coverage. Va news channels understandably won't cover us,and we're 1.5 hrs from the next closest market which is Greenville.
Yeah, y'all are kind of in a 'no man's land' in EC.

Reactions: daagoob
Can't believe Fayetteville Observer wasn't there! Before Earl Vaughn retired, he wouldn't have missed this one!
No sir, he wouldn't have. In fact, he would have probably been one of the first people at the stadium! He would have entire pages dedicated to Cape Fear Region teams with in depth reporting on each team. I don't know what's wrong with this crew, but in the same breath Sampson Independent isn't that much different. The game was Saturday, but I can almost bet there won't be anything in the online edition of the Independent until Tuesday.

No sir, he wouldn't have. In fact, he would have probably been one of the first people at the stadium! He would have entire pages dedicated to Cape Fear Region teams with in depth reporting on each team. I don't know what's wrong with this crew, but in the same breath Sampson Independent isn't that much different. The game was Saturday, but I can almost bet there won't be anything in the online edition of the Independent until Tuesday.

Lol try Wednesday or Thursday......when Ryan Carter is home things usually get printed faster

Reactions: PackHorses
Not sure if the stats arent getting reported but i haven't seen stats in any of the articles so far this season.....and the maxpreps stats page hasnt been updated since the 4th game

It was a flagrant dead ball late and 1st sign that WRH might have been losing their composure in really big game.

I thought the WRH kids were celebrating the tackle behind the line and jumping up and down ran into #10 as he quickly got up. I really don't think they intended to run into him. I don't think Clinton wins without that penalty. Only PF of the night if I remember right. Great game by 2 great teams. This will not be my last Clinton - WRH game!

I thought the WRH kids were celebrating the tackle behind the line and jumping up and down ran into #10 as he quickly got up. I really don't think they intended to run into him. I don't think Clinton wins without that penalty. Only PF of the night if I remember right. Great game by 2 great teams. This will not be my last Clinton - WRH game!
I'm glad you were able to attend an enjoy a great game! Who is your team?

That lost was simply devastating to Wrh Players, they played as well as a team could Clinton just made play after play, kudos and hats off to the darkhorse, All in all the game is 4qtrs.not one tied at halftime our coaches staff made no adjustments whatsoever on offense .. or defense for that matter.. better play calling I see can be a difference in a win or lost with 1:01 one seconds u run that ball with all the success u had passing ,wow one thing about u can't read the newspaper and become a offensive coach,Period!! Again Cinton payed Strong ,tough football hats off to them another classic in the rivalry of the champs... Good game!!!

That lost was simply devastating to Wrh Players, they played as well as a team could Clinton just made play after play, kudos and hats off to the darkhorse, All in all the game is 4qtrs.not one tied at halftime our coaches staff made no adjustments whatsoever on offense .. or defense for that matter.. better play calling I see can be a difference in a win or lost with 1:01 one seconds u run that ball with all the success u had passing ,wow one thing about u can't read the newspaper and become a offensive coach,Period!! Again Cinton payed Strong ,tough football hats off to them another classic in the rivalry of the champs... Good game!!!
Where has Dalrymple been? Seems like he isn’t showing up in highlights anymore

I'm glad you were able to attend an enjoy a great game! Who is your team?

West Craven. Last nights game reminded me of some of our past rivalry games with Havelock when our game always decided the Coastal 3A Conf title. The games were played hard and when it was over you could walk out together knowing you saw a game where everyone gave their all. Even the fans in the stands. That is what high school ball is all about.

its usually like this every year, no matter which team is dominant, for instance, last year Clinton took the lead with a little over a minute left in the game only to have WRH's Javonte Williams reel off a 54-yard touchdown for the win with less than a minute to play

its usually like this every year, no matter which team is dominant, for instance, last year Clinton took the lead with a little over a minute left in the game only to have WRH's Javonte Williams reel off a 54-yard touchdown for the win with less than a minute to play

I went to 3 WRH games last year. I figured to only attend one but had no idea the type of friends I would make with dogs79 and olddog77 and the other guys that go with them. Each of the 3 games I went to last year Javonte opened each game with long td runs on the first play from scrimmage. Even the State Championship with one over 70 yds. What a player. He was vital on defense too.

Last edited:
Coaching won this game for CHS. The only reason Mot won a state title last year was #3. He's showing his true form this year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT