ADVERTISEMENT

WRH @ Clinton

SHOTS FIRED!!!!! LOL! We'll be worried about the Panthers, starting Monday. We'll grab the Tiger by the tail the week after:D
All respect to Clinton y’all have a good team. Y’all have the 260 pound monster seems like he has been playing for Clinton the past decade and y’all have Knowlydge (best name in conference). But I like my team and I like the attitude we step on the field with. I think JK has more speed and I know we are going to beat WRH. We are the hardest hitting team in conference next to Clinton. Championship will be JK Clinton at Darkhorse stadium

All respect to Clinton y’all have a good team. Y’all have the 260 pound monster seems like he has been playing for Clinton the past decade and y’all have Knowlydge (best name in conference). But I like my team and I like the attitude we step on the field with. I think JK has more speed and I know we are going to beat WRH. We are the hardest hitting team in conference next to Clinton. Championship will be JK Clinton at Darkhorse stadium
Just like I said before, this brings back memories of the ECC of the 90's, when it was always a slobberknocker between Clinton, Wallace, JK and East. I anticipate that both of Clinton's next two games will be no different!

Reactions: dogs79
Yes it does feel like jalen has been there forever....people forget he was a freshman on the 2015 team that went to the Eastern title scored his first varsity TD in a game earlier that year vs Smithfield-Selma Coach Lewis would bring him in to play DT on 3rd and longs and of course he has been a major part of the team ever since in 2016,17, and now his senior year.....surprisingly tonight some of his biggest runs were outside the tackles....once that 250-260 pounds get moving he has a decent turn of speed for his size.....that poor WRH DB didnt know what to do

Yes it does feel like jalen has been there forever....people forget he was a freshman on the 2015 team that went to the Eastern title scored his first varsity TD in a game earlier that year vs Smithfield-Selma Coach Lewis would bring him in to play DT on 3rd and longs and of course he has been a major part of the team ever since in 2016,17, and now his senior year.....surprisingly tonight some of his biggest runs were outside the tackles....once that 250-260 pounds get moving he has a decent turn of speed for his size.....that poor WRH DB didnt know what to do
They were diving at his feet in attempts to tackle, they didn't want to take him on straight-up, and I don't blame them. The kid is HUGE, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters when the opposing defense may be gassed.

WE WANT THE DOGS. AND THEN THE HORSES ARE GOING TO THE GLUE FACTORY
bring it to the pound ! Ain't done crap in years. Beat a ED team that barely showed up and all ya'll chirping. I got $$$ if you so freaking confident, or you can just run that trap. Come on make the bet DC tigger and DuplinCounty tigger 2. Come on !

Ain't going to be a game next week. JK is 100% healthy now We were half loaded that 1st game of the season didn't even have our starting rb. WRH gping to get hit and hit hard! Cant wait til we go to Clinton foe the conference championship

Is this Jalens 6th year, seems like it. Skinner, I think was there 6. Both teams has had running backs that seem like they been there 6 years

Lol seems like it......speaking of Skinner had another good game today 110 yards 1 TD....less than 50 yards from a 1,000 yard season out there in Cali

f
That #3 for Clinton made some big hits on defense and then made some big plays on offense. That kid is D1 material.
He certainly is, has offers from NC State, Carolina, Duke, East Carolina, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, and just received an offer yesterday from Virginia. And he's just a Junior.

I do not know names but 10 just flat laid out number 1 for wrh.

Clinton got the monkey off their back. That was the first time I ever witnessed them win a ball game.

Ifs and buts....... can be had by both sides but it was a great back and forth game. It was worth my five hour round trip.
Glad you could make. It was a typical Clinton/WRH game,but both teams are different than past

Alil over 10 mins till gametime....im guessing the band wont be joining us tonight.....field looks dry....crowd still rolling in should be a good night of football.....sounds like PA having some issues
the band was out of town at a band competition
The Public Address system was an embarrassment to our visitors. That's not acceptable, Royal Lane rec center's is better

Clinton got the monkey off their back. That was the first time I ever witnessed them win a ball game.

Ifs and buts....... can be had by both sides but it was a great back and forth game. It was worth my five hour round trip.
Glad you enjoyed it. We did too!

I was proud of the DaarkHorses down 2 TD's twice and came back and won!

Jalen Smith TD.....now we need this 2 point conv.....no good ugh questionable call i would of kept it on the ground......8:07 left defense needs ta stand...30-28.....
I agree on that 2 point conversion, I would have run that power shift formation whatever it was

the band was out of town at a band competition
The Public Address system was an embarrassment to our visitors. That's not acceptable, Royal Lane rec center's is better
Let's put the PA system on the list of improvements at the stadium, along with the press box and the track

I'm still getting the good out of it. Mighty proud of our DarkHorses tonight. They show a lot of character coming from behind twice to win the game.

They had our record on the rankings at 5-2 and moved us down to #19

Maxpreps is a mess sometimes i swear....i usually do the score updates maxpreps still had the gane being played on Friday then earlier today they(maxpreps) just decided to put the score from last years game up there.....and i see they have yet to correct the rankings

That #3 for Clinton made some big hits on defense and then made some big plays on offense. That kid is D1 material.

Watch his highlights from last night kid was all over the field on defense made some great hits.....holds 7 offers at this point expect that number to continue to rise.

How did yall like that one play for 2 point conv stole a play from the Philadelphia Eagles QB Evans acts like he was calling a audible walks up to the line direct snap to the running back pitches it to Kaba on the reverse Kaba finds Evans in the endzone.....perfect play call for that situation and executed perfectly......hats off to Coach Johnson and offensive coordinator Matt Grady they have definitely put it together since that awful night at Cape Fear

Final observations of the game: For the print and broadcast media that were apparently not covering the game as yet; you just missed it, on what will probably go down as a instant classic in high school football.
Secondly, I'm thankful we got Kaba on our side! That young man can do anything!!!!
Thirdly, a great player like Kaba lifts the level of play by his teammates , so to all the other Darkhorses, proud of you, you came to play a very difficult challenging opponent. Now get ready to play what is traditionally has been just as difficult a opponent ED at their place which I have always described as the Darksiders home away from home, Beaulaville. Get ready, they will give the DarkHorses every bit as much effort as WRH.
Lastly, huge kudos to the DarkHorde coaching staff. (I know coaches say they don't read this stuff but I knowbut they really do) I don't know we what kind of power formation we shifted to ( it reminded me of the old Notre Dame box) I had my binoculars on it and still couldn't recognize it other than it was a power shift to the right and it worked. On the 3rd Down call when we shifted into it I'm thinking run to the left to center ourselves for a game winning field goal . We shifted again to the power right formation but ran left for the winning score. Great call!
This team never got down and didn't quit even when they got 14 down twice.
Their physicality of play was impressive.
To all the other fans of high school foitball ( and there were many, saw a buddy of mine from Reidsville) that attended the game from many other schools as well as coaches. We hope you enjoyed your stay. We usually have an award winning high band to add to the atmosphere and pageantry of the game but they were away at a band competition and they always add their flair to the game. I apologized for our PA system, not sure what has t happened there other than the need for a serious upgrade which I'm sure we can afford .
Whatfever the case to everyone we hope you enjoyed your DarkHorse Stadium experience and hope you visit us again real soon.
Next home game: Nov 2nd vs James Kenan. Y'all come!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT