ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Prep vs West Columbus

This will be a good game, I got WPA winning I seen them play in their conference championship game. Well loaded team on all sides of the ball.
I saw film on WP for the first time today and I agree this game could be closer than I initially thought.

WP has good size and speed. I think WC’s offense is a little more explosive than anybody Wilson prep has played - I think WC eventually comes out with the win, but I could honestly see this game going either way.

And the crowd we brought to states that year was huge. That whole season was a wild ride. We have a few games here and there that the town may somewhat shut down over. But it's mainly non conference games and big playoff games.
Winning over and over breeds complacency and folks begin to take it for granted. It gets to the point where it is no longer as exciting as it once was. And most of Tarboro's games are probably just plain boring. Not easy to get excited or fired up about a 60-6 beat down of N. Edgecombe or Gates with a running clock most of the game. Of course, we can't blame Tarboro for being so good. They have worked hard and earned it. The blame goes to the likes of N. Edgecombe, Gates and Perquimans for not getting better. N. Edgecombe has had past success and state titles. So there is no excuse for them to be in the state they are now.

It would also be good to see Tarboro have schools like S. Nash, Nash Central or even Greenville Rose or Conley on their non-conference schedule. Those games would be exciting. Though, 3A and 4A schools probably are reluctant to schedule Tarboro for fear of losing to a 1A school.

You guys had us in 2011. Great statement and one I agree with, you guys should’ve never punted us the ball. I know your coaches thinking, y’all had shut down our O all night and was thinking if y’all pinned us deep, we would’ve never drove the length of the field. Of course we did, but I can tell you, all Tarboro fans were thankful y’all punted, because most of us don’t feel we would’ve stopped y’all on the fourth and short.
The issue is not necessarily the decision to punt, it was the holding and IP penalties on that drive that put us in a punting situation. Take those penalties away, and SC seals the deal. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for us.

Can I buy ticket at gate tomorrow? Think I might go to this game

Vern you know you will. If the Pack wasn't playing, I would be there pulling for the Vikings.

Every time I drive through Tarboro on 64 I get a bad taste in my mouth from those 2011 & 2012 games. Burns me up.

Good luck Vikings! Someone post scores here plz

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Every time I drive through Tarboro on 64 I get a bad taste in my mouth from those 2011 & 2012 games. Burns me up.

Good luck Vikings! Someone post scores here plz
Coach Willie Gore defense did a good job in 2011. Gurley was held to 50 or under rushing. Although he was HURT so I'm told.

Does anyone have an explanation for the face mask penalty on Kelly?? It was 4th and goal and for some reason the ball wasn’t moved up any at all and weren’t given the automatic first down. I thought all personal fouls were automatic first downs?

Does anyone have an explanation for the face mask penalty on Kelly?? It was 4th and goal and for some reason the ball wasn’t moved up any at all and weren’t given the automatic first down. I thought all personal fouls were automatic first downs?
There were several questionable calls by the referees tonight…..not exactly the best officiated game in my opinion !!

I’m not sure about the call, but what really bothers me is that I was told the Wilson Prep coach told his players that no matter what they needed to take number 3 out of the game. I’m not sure if that was said before or after his helmet was removed. Very disappointing. There were good players on both sides of the ball, no need for that garbage no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT