ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3 North Moore @ Wilson Prep

I love me a bounce house did they have clowns and a magician that made balloon animals too?

Nothing against the Wilson Prep people but I hate the continued success of charter schools and other open enrollment schools in 1A and 2A.
I agree. I’m surprised someone hasn’t filed a lawsuit against the nchsaa for allowing charters-preps to play against traditional high schools and not follow the same criteria for enrollment during the playoffs.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I agree. I’m surprised someone hasn’t filed a lawsuit against the nchsaa for allowing charters-preps to play against traditional high schools and not follow the same criteria for enrollment during the playoffs.
Essentially, that would be the state suing themselves. The legislature directed the NCHSAA to include charters.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I have to go along with @ocdavis31 on this. He said exactly what I was going to.

Lol. I don’t necessarily mean the school itself. Parents, families and the like. I can catch a law suit now it you jump of my roof and sprain your ankle.

Reactions: thekidd12
The state will never grasp the idiocy of it. If Robbinsville decided to turn itself into a charter school, it would be able to pull athletes from Murphy, Andrews, Hayesville, Swain. Now imagine that as a 1A school and tell me it makes sense.

I stated last season that Wilson Prep was definitely a special group and would be on the rise, so I am not shocked at their success. Outside of their one loss, we had our chances to beat them and lost by 6, great job by their coaching staff. After facing West Columbus last year, and struggling against them and narrowly escaping, this should be an exciting game, #65 for West Columbus is a Monster, as evidenced by my selecting him to play on the D-Line in the Shrine Bowl. However, the inevitable will occur no matter who wins, Tarboro is a buzzsaw and is even more motivated after last year's championship loss. Coach Craddock and staff do an amazing job year in and year out, no disrespect to the remaining teams, I am just speaking on the discipline and execution they have displayed as we have faced them the last 3 years in a row.

Lol. I don’t necessarily mean the school itself. Parents, families and the like. I can catch a law suit now it you jump of my roof and sprain your ankle.
I hear you. It would be interesting but doubt it would get very far. And if it did, the state Supreme Court is in the same good ole boys’ club as the “majority party” as they like to say.

The state will never grasp the idiocy of it. If Robbinsville decided to turn itself into a charter school, it would be able to pull athletes from Murphy, Andrews, Hayesville, Swain. Now imagine that as a 1A school and tell me it makes sense.
There you have the answer. All you crying mountain schools should just go charter. Problem solved. Then you can all be privilege

I hear you. It would be interesting but doubt it would get very far. And if it did, the state Supreme Court is in the same good ole boys’ club as the “majority party” as they like to say.
Not a "majority party" issues. Almost all legislators in both parties send their kids to privates and/or charters. That's not just in NC either. They make the laws that best serve them and their friends. Always been that way. Always will. They even made sure all charters are public schools, and so each is funded by taxpayer dollars. Yep, that's the gospel truth....and you don't want to know ALL of the truths about charters and their operations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT