ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Prep vs West Columbus

Saw where East Bladen won and headed to Tarboro. Boy, would I like to see them win. How about our little Waccamaw Conference. WC, the Pack and East Bladen headed to the 4th round. 1 2A and 2 1A's. You can't make stuff like this up.

Saw where East Bladen won and headed to Tarboro. Boy, would I like to see them win. How about our little Waccamaw Conference. WC, the Pack and East Bladen headed to the 4th round. 1 2A and 2 1A's. You can't make stuff like this up.
And everyone was talking about how weak the Waccamaw conference was this year !!

I think West will win, but a little concerned about Wilson Prep. They have a few play makers, but think our defense will make enough plays to win. Tarboro will beat EB by 3 scores. Tarboro has the DL to slow down the RB like we did.

I think West will win, but a little concerned about Wilson Prep. They have a few play makers, but think our defense will make enough plays to win. Tarboro will beat EB by 3 scores. Tarboro has the DL to slow down the RB like we did.
Hope you are right! How’s East Bladen defense West Columbus Baseball 13?

I saw video of Wilson prep for the first time last night on NFHS network. They have good size on the line and have some athletes all over the field. I just don’t know how deep they are. Their roster only lists 6 juniors and 6 seniors I think

West lost my good friends son who plays running back to a knee injury friday night, Hate that for the kid but i believe he is only a sophomore so he will definitely bounce back for next year. Think the only thing that can slow West down is Tarboro or Mt. Airy. Good luck to the Vikings!

I saw video of Wilson prep for the first time last night on NFHS network. They have good size on the line and have some athletes all over the field. I just don’t know how deep they are. Their roster only lists 6 juniors and 6 seniors I think
Isn’t this their second season having a football team?

Isn’t this their second season having a football team?
I guess when you are a Prep/ Charter School you can build a program pretty fast, especially compared to a traditional 1A school. They built a powerhouse in basketball pretty fast too. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it. Hopefully situations like that will be looked at again in the future. I think it’s getting to the point where there are enough Prep/ Charter schools so they can have their own deal for the state playoffs, but that’s just my opinion. Either way, I hope we have a great crowd at West Friday and hopefully we keep it going.

If West and Tarboro both meet in the eastern finals like i believe it will be, West Columbus folks aint ever seen a football atmosphere like Tarboro has. Shoulda won our first trip up...our infamous punters knee hits the ground game, didnt stand a chance our second trip. Definitely an awesome atmosphere, will probably make the trip from Tabor City to watch if both teams make it.

If West and Tarboro both meet in the eastern finals like i believe it will be, West Columbus folks aint ever seen a football atmosphere like Tarboro has. Shoulda won our first trip up...our infamous punters knee hits the ground game, didnt stand a chance our second trip. Definitely an awesome atmosphere, will probably make the trip from Tabor City to watch if both teams make it.
All y’all had to do in 2011 was run a QB sneak on 4th and 1 with your 6’6 QB instead of punting and you would’ve won.

All y’all had to do in 2011 was run a QB sneak on 4th and 1 with your 6’6 QB instead of punting and you would’ve won.
Yeah it was super tough seeing those guys that i had played with for years lose like that. But nothing but respect for Tarboro and their fans. Everyone we encountered at halftime was super nice to all of us! Great environment for high school football! Might make the trip myself if both teams make it through!

You guys had us in 2011. Great statement and one I agree with, you guys should’ve never punted us the ball. I know your coaches thinking, y’all had shut down our O all night and was thinking if y’all pinned us deep, we would’ve never drove the length of the field. Of course we did, but I can tell you, all Tarboro fans were thankful y’all punted, because most of us don’t feel we would’ve stopped y’all on the fourth and short.

Reactions: SCHS2011
I wish the atmosphere is as good today as it was then. All of Tarboro was crazy for that team. That was a special moment in time. The fans have gotten comfortable with winning so easily all the time, the buzz isn’t the same as it once was. I’d love to see the town just close down on Friday nights again the way it used to.

I wish the atmosphere is as good today as it was then. All of Tarboro was crazy for that team. That was a special moment in time. The fans have gotten comfortable with winning so easily all the time, the buzz isn’t the same as it once was. I’d love to see the town just close down on Friday nights again the way it used to.
And the crowd we brought to states that year was huge. That whole season was a wild ride. We have a few games here and there that the town may somewhat shut down over. But it's mainly non conference games and big playoff games.

Reactions: fitguync30
I guess when you are a Prep/ Charter School you can build a program pretty fast, especially compared to a traditional 1A school. They built a powerhouse in basketball pretty fast too. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it. Hopefully situations like that will be looked at again in the future. I think it’s getting to the point where there are enough Prep/ Charter schools so they can have their own deal for the state playoffs, but that’s just my opinion. Either way, I hope we have a great crowd at West Friday and hopefully we keep it going.
Not fair at all to the 1A schools. I think we are going to be fine regardless. We will be the best team they have played this year by far.

I was at that game. Think Tarboro had Tyquan Lewis on that team if I’m not mistaken.

West Columbus has played in some great football environments over the years…..personally I believe playing at Whiteville at the historic legion stadium is right up there….one of the best experiences of anyone in the state !!

Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
Not to take away from the defense but Gurley was injured. He was nursing ankle sprains and one was a high ankle sprain as I recall. WC a played a great game. I was sweating bullets lol
Not saying he mighta been hampered a little but the South Columbus defense was more of his issue that night than his ankle. His performance in the state championship game 8 days later proved that.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
Not saying he mighta been hampered a little but the South Columbus defense was more of his issue that night than his ankle. His performance in the state championship game 8 days later proved that.
I disagree, he was injured most of the playoffs and did the same thing against Edenton and Northside Jacksonville. He just pushed with everything he had in the state title game, the man had something to prove. South Columbus was an amazing football team though.

Reactions: Tradition87
West Columbus has played in some great football environments over the years…..personally I believe playing at Whiteville at the historic legion stadium is right up there….one of the best experiences of anyone in the state !!
Thats a joke right....I wanna puke everytime i hear someone on here say "Historic" Legion Stadium. Outside of a couple years in the 80's with Chester and a few Columbus County recruited baseball teams what the heck is so historic about it. Whiteville doesn't hold a candle to Tarboro, WRH, James Kenan, Clinton the list could go on. Maybe Wilson Prep will put up a good fight this week at "Historic" Viking Field.

That defense was stout!
Best South Columbus game I've been to since the eastern finals in 07 when we beat Northside Jax. Both games were absolute slugfest on defense. As a fan its hard to walk away upset from games like that cause you just witnessed something special even if you're on the losing side.

Reactions: t-townvikings
Best South Columbus game I've been to since the eastern finals in 07 when we beat Northside Jax. Both games were absolute slugfest on defense. As a fan its hard to walk away upset from games like that cause you just witnessed something special even if you're on the losing side.
Hopefully both teams can make it there and put on another slugfest. I think it will take 28 points to win it.

Reactions: Tradition87
This will be a good game, I got WPA winning I seen them play in their conference championship game. Well loaded team on all sides of the ball.

Thats a joke right....I wanna puke everytime i hear someone on here say "Historic" Legion Stadium. Outside of a couple years in the 80's with Chester and a few Columbus County recruited baseball teams what the heck is so historic about it. Whiteville doesn't hold a candle to Tarboro, WRH, James Kenan, Clinton the list could go on. Maybe Wilson Prep will put up a good fight this week at "Historic" Viking Field.
And just how many state championships has South Columbus or Tabor City won in any sport? Mr Tradition

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT