ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Next????

I am a jacket fan fourth so dont plead ur case to me. I am just one of those fans that doesnt toot my horn at the likes of the 3 previous opponents, but that doesnt make me any less proud of our boys who have worked hard and are hungry to win. I attend every ballgame and have for over a decade and played for those jackets. My question is where has this support been when we were 4-7, 2-9 with the playoffs included. Not talking about you fourth but no one has heard from sam this decade.

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
Sammy, I am glad to see your boys doing good ... BUT I have said it before and I will say it again when you toot your own horn you usually get the tune too loud ... SMC coming up

Hayesville has not had that low of numbers as long as I can remember. 350.

You're right in that they're usually closer to 400...but I think the point he was making about beating a school with 1300 still stands.

You're right in that they're usually closer to 400...but I think the point he was making about beating a school with 1300 still stands.

I agree. When a school with ADM numbers in the 350-400 range can beat a school with 1300 it is an accomplishment in anyone's book. Congrats to Hayesvillle on a good win. That being said, as others have already posted, Enka is possibly one of the worst programs in the state, if not the United States. They have an awesome youth league and great middle school teams year in and year out, but when they get to high school they perpetually suck. Seems like in the MAC every 10 years or so every program goes through an evolution in which they get at least a little better and win half their games, but Enka is cursed. Why anyone would want their kid to be a part of that is beyond me. They have a nice field, new uniforms and helmets every couple of years, great band program and outstanding fan support.....but their football program is doomed no matter what they try. o_O

I agree. When a school with ADM numbers in the 350-400 range can beat a school with 1300 it is an accomplishment in anyone's book. Congrats to Hayesvillle on a good win. That being said, as others have already posted, Enka is possibly one of the worst programs in the state, if not the United States. They have an awesome youth league and great middle school teams year in and year out, but when they get to high school they perpetually suck. Seems like in the MAC every 10 years or so every program goes through an evolution in which they get at least a little better and win half their games, but Enka is cursed. Why anyone would want their kid to be a part of that is beyond me. They have a nice field, new uniforms and helmets every couple of years, great band program and outstanding fan support.....but their football program is doomed no matter what they try. o_O

so I will ask do they play smash mouth SMC football?

THe point is not lost on me. I heard they are playing smash mouth football this year but they are still a 5th place team or lower.

Hey tigertown just curious what is the all time record between Hayesvegas and Rosman.

The Yellowjackets and Tigers have met 30 times on the girdiron, and Rosman leads the All-Time series 15-14-1....In SMC games involving the 2 teams, the teams have played 24 conference games, and Hayesville leads 13-10-1....The 2 teams have met in the playoffs 5 times, and Rosman leads 4-1.....

As you can see, it's a great and even rivalry, and I've seen a number of these contest thru the years, including the first-ever game between Rosman and Hayesville, in Rosman....The Tigers and Yellowjackets first met back in 73' when Rosman briefly joined the SMC for a couple years....Rosman won that first game 22-8 at Hayesville...The 2nd meeting occurred the following year in Rosman on Homecoming...It absolutely poured the rain all game long with water 6 to 8 inches on the sideline...The field was a quagmire with neither team able to do a whole lot....Rosman had a big fullback much like the Jackets do this year, and Rosman somehow managed to move the ball down to the Hayesille 1yd line with the final seconds ticking off the clock....Rosman went with Sr. FB Rickey Lee, and Hayesville stopped him short as the final horn sounded with the game ending in a 0-0 score...Still the only tie ever in this series....And for the record, the lower end of Rosman was flooded by the French Broad later that night....

Hopefully, we'll have good weather and a big crowd from both communities when these teams meet in a couple weeks, but Hayesville's got a pretty good opponent friday night, so I'm sure their focus at the moment is on the Wildcats as it should be....

Roar Tigers Roar!

You guys still killing me. Lol
I have gone back and read my posts to see if I was missing something. Haven't really trashed any team. Was glad to see the Jackets back (to winning). Gave facts about the Enka game. Didn't call Enka the worst team in USA as some on here have done. Haven't even mentioned Rosman and Tigertown starts crowing about previous years!

I have been off the boards for a while. I could have gotten back on a couple of years ago when Jackets knocked the Knights out of the playoffs in second round, but did not. So obviously, I don't jump on the boards any time Jackets are doing well. While we are off to a great start, I don't expect to go 10-0! Or 9-1! Or 8-2! Or 7-3!!!!
But we might!

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
Whether he's tooting his horn or not... y'all have to admit its great to see ole Sam back on these boards. I know Tigertown@Rick in particular has missed his presence! Sam was The Man back in the old days of NCPreps.

Thank you my man!
I am Sam, I am Sam, I am Sam the Man!!
All seeing, all knowing!!
I could school most everyone on here on high school football !! Especially the SMC

Yeah right. You didnt even know what year or what round you was talking about. Come on sam.

Glad hayesville is doing decent. hope you guys are still on here in a month.

Hey, I did know the year. Couple of years ago....... 2015 minus 2 is 2013....

All I remembered is we made it to the 3rd round!!

You guys still killing me. Lol
I have gone back and read my posts to see if I was missing something. Haven't really trashed any team. Was glad to see the Jackets back (to winning). Gave facts about the Enka game. Didn't call Enka the worst team in USA as some on here have done. Haven't even mentioned Rosman and Tigertown starts crowing about previous years!

I have been off the boards for a while. I could have gotten back on a couple of years ago when Jackets knocked the Knights out of the playoffs in second round, but did not. So obviously, I don't jump on the boards any time Jackets are doing well. While we are off to a great start, I don't expect to go 10-0! Or 9-1! Or 8-2! Or 7-3!!!!
But we might!

Whether he's tooting his horn or not... y'all have to admit its great to see ole Sam back on these boards. I know Tigertown@Rick in particular has missed his presence! Sam was The Man back in the old days of NCPreps.

Yeah, I'll admit that I've missed Sam about as much as he's missed me...lol!

I just couldn't let him slide with all this swagger talk about the Yellowjackets, but it is good to read some comments from one of the old timers even if his Facts run a little off track at times....

Again, welcome back Sam....Starting to feel like the early days of Preps again!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Hey, Tigertown, your Tigers haven't exactly slayed any dragons this year either! But, I'm sure you are proud of them, just the same!!

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
You are right about the facilities they are very nice and a great atmosphere. The fan support they had was outstanding, even when they were down 27-0 at the half those stands were still packed u wont find that in alot places. I know the coach is in his 2nd year do u think that he will stay and try to build something there, because out of 1300 students and your only fielding a team of 30-35 seems like their kids just dont want to play for a losing program. Do many of the kids transfer out to other schools or do they not play.

You are right about the facilities they are very nice and a great atmosphere. The fan support they had was outstanding, even when they were down 27-0 at the half those stands were still packed u wont find that in alot places. I know the coach is in his 2nd year do u think that he will stay and try to build something there, because out of 1300 students and your only fielding a team of 30-35 seems like their kids just dont want to play for a losing program. Do many of the kids transfer out to other schools or do they not play.

I think Enka is a lot like TC Roberson. They have a top notch softball program with state titles and several years of awards for their band program, but they can't seem to keep a coach for more than 3 or 4 years. Their current coach is a good guy who played for Enka back in the day, so maybe he'll stick around longer. I don't think running an option offense or any type of spread offense is ever going to make them good. Year in and year out they have decent size but little speed. They would be better suited for a power run offense, JMO. Honestly, I think the biggest problem is that kids just aren't buying into the program because of years and years of bad records. I remember a few years ago the team had shirts printed up that said " 0-10 Never Again ". The next year they went 1-9 and the year after that they were 0-10 again.

Sam the "invisible" man, where might you be??? Surely you can give some props to those Wildcats........

I see Jacket poster SamTheMan is nowhere to be seen this morning.

It's the "Kiss of Death"....Sam shows up, and starts bragging, and the Yellowjackets lose...lol!

Hope he continues to comment this week, cause we could sure use some good fortune and luck over here in Rosman...

Roar Tigers Roar!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT