ADVERTISEMENT

Who Stops Catholic (2019 version)

Which venue this season? I’m seriously considering attending this game. Of course I will sit with the Havelock fans.
It's in Havelock this year... But trust me when I tell you, Jville is down this yr regardless of what the fans tell u lol. They will be 3rd in the conf this year

Reactions: footsoldier
It's in Havelock this year... But trust me when I tell you, Jville is down this yr regardless of what the fans tell u lol. They will be 3rd in the conf this year
And I believe that. Already their fans are defensive and that usually means they know whatever they once had is now long gone and the struggle for significance continues which I fully expect Easy. We will see though.

Now that I’ve retired I will be able to hit the road for more non-Catholic games than usual. This is likely one of them. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Cardinal program but their big mouth fans always make me hope they get drop kicked and I’m thinking a fanny spanking from the Bighorns this season. Hopefully I will be there and we can laugh together my friend. I would truly enjoy meeting you and of course will wear my Catholic colors.

Only the best for Havelock High.....now and always.

Reactions: easy252
And I believe that. Already their fans are defensive and that usually means they know whatever they once had is now long gone and the struggle for significance continues which I fully expect Easy. We will see though.

Now that I’ve retired I will be able to hit the road for more non-Catholic games than usual. This is likely one of them. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Cardinal program but their big mouth fans always make me hope they get drop kicked and I’m thinking a fanny spanking from the Bighorns this season. Hopefully I will be there and we can laugh together my friend. I would truly enjoy meeting you and of course will wear my Catholic colors.

Only the best for Havelock High.....now and always.
Come in down brother, but dont wear the CC shirt. We still got horrible memories we cant let go of yet lol

Who's going to be second in the conference? West, North side......give me a break.
Northside is gonna kill yall this yr man lol... Yall just act like u gonna easily replace those srs that made up about 99% of yall offense last yr lol???

I guess we better watch out for white oak too, while we are at it. We certainly have some rebuilding to do, and I'm not saying we are going to beat Havelock. Mark my words, we will be much better then you think.

I guess we better watch out for white oak too, while we are at it. We certainly have some rebuilding to do, and I'm not saying we are going to beat Havelock. Mark my words, we will be much better then you think.
Now hold on a min, u going too damn far now with the WO statement lmao!!! I didnt say u guys wouldn't be good, but we both have ALOT to replace where NS was jr heavy last yr. I actually have them as the team to worry about the most "this year" where it had been yall the last few. Dont get me wrong, I think they could beat either of us this yr

I know they always have athletes. I think I read one of their guys is being recruited heavy by some ACC schools. Should be interesting...they replaced white oak as our rival years ago. Been some great games between us.

Reactions: easy252
By the way, how is New Bern this year?
Alot if hype around the new coach, but they will still be down for 2 more years. They will be better this yr but still down. Now 2 years everybody better watch out cuz that 23 class they have is monstrous

Reactions: redskins55
Any word on West Carteret? They surprise us every couple of years. Seem to always be well coached.

I don’t know why everyone seems to think that the Cards will be so down this year? There are 24 Sr returning. Most had significant playing time. Did we lose allot? Most definitely. But the kids who are coming back are not a bunch of scrubs. I can recall everyone saying the same thing about the team who went to the Eastern Finals a couple of years ago led by Boone. The only thing that replaced him was the two time conference player of the year in Benton. RB was going too be a problem with Whittington gone. Well Brinker was waiting his turn. There are some quality athletes who simply had to wait their turn. I can promise will not be much of a drop off from last years squad. So please keep banking on we lost allot and won’t be good this year. 3rd in the conference huh? Lol I guess we will see. Of course the Havelock game was a fluke... how many teams can come to Havelock in a Eastern Final and come from behind and beat them after the Rams are up by 3 TD? I will wait. Just give credit where it’s do. You got beat by a much better team that night. But keep talking I promise the kids can’t wait for that rematch since everyone thinks it was a fluke. Not saying that the Cards will win. I never do. But if you think that your going to just run all over them you will be in for a real big surprise.

Alot if hype around the new coach, but they will still be down for 2 more years. They will be better this yr but still down. Now 2 years everybody better watch out cuz that 23 class they have is monstrous

Won’t be down for two more years, just one. Next year will be back on track. A lot of talent finally coming in. 4A East is wideeee open.

Who’s starting at QB for Havelock this year?

To be honest we probably have more overall athletes and speed this year then last year. Imagine that. Can you imagine a faster QB then Benton? Well Tymir is most definitely that without question. There will be a couple of backs who can fly also. So keep sleeping.

Reactions: redskins55
We’ve been waxing Weddington over 15 years no matter what they’ve got or where it’s played. Not concerned about them. Just another pothole we’ll thunder right over.
It hasn’t been 15 years. But y’all are 5-0 against them. 5-1 after this year

We used to play them years ago when the school was new and slapped them around then too and playoffs of course. They actually beat us in 2003 at their place in a fluke victory. They had this tall lanky kid named John Holmes. First and last win against Catholic. Never again. Weddington is good, not special. Not your fault just how it is. Accept the truth and it becomes less painful. The Pain Train rolls you over this time too.

We used to play them years ago when the school was new and slapped them around then too and playoffs of course. They actually beat us in 2003 at their place in a fluke victory. They had this tall lanky kid named John Holmes. First and last win against Catholic. Never again. Weddington is good, not special. Not your fault just how it is. Accept the truth and it becomes less painful. The Pain Train rolls you over this time too.
You have a lot of mouth that will be closed in October. You’ll see how special Weddington is. And when you see it, I expect you to admit it on this board.

Last edited:
No way foots stops talking. He has talked junk for years that is just him talking, most of the time it is all in good fun Jabbing the other team trust me I know lol. He will admit it if Catholic gets beat.

Reactions: footsoldier
You have a lot of mouth that will be closed in October. You’ll see how special Weddington is. And when you see it, I expect you to admit it on this board.
Two years ago Weddington was defending state champion then Catholic shows up and it’s 30-0 Cougars at halftime. Reserves played entire second half except first series and all you could pony up was seven points late in fourth quarter on your field. Last season you won the state championship but not the SCC championship because Catholic booted your woeful Warriors 20-0. A shutout. The Shipley brothers and your superfoot kicker couldn’t put ONE POINT on the board. That’s not special dude and this year I’ll be more than happy to drop that in your lap again.

So yeah I’ve got a big mouth and all this “special” talk I heard from Sun Valley fans when they had Sam Howell and the Huss/Jacksonville idiots in playoffs all added up to the same thing.....a big fat L on their foreheads just like yours. Convince me otherwise. Until then Weddington is just another hog at the trough. Oink oink.

Two years ago Weddington was defending state champion then Catholic shows up and it’s 30-0 Cougars at halftime. Reserves played entire second half except first series and all you could pony up was seven points late in fourth quarter on your field. Last season you won the state championship but not the SCC championship because Catholic booted your woeful Warriors 20-0. A shutout. The Shipley brothers and your superfoot kicker couldn’t put ONE POINT on the board. That’s not special dude and this year I’ll be more than happy to drop that in your lap again.

So yeah I’ve got a big mouth and all this “special” talk I heard from Sun Valley fans when they had Sam Howell and the Huss/Jacksonville idiots in playoffs all added up to the same thing.....a big fat L on their foreheads just like yours. Convince me otherwise. Until then Weddington is just another hog at the trough. Oink oink.
The 2017 team lost 22 seniors and only had 4 returning starters back. They certainly overachieved that year going 10-4 and reaching the third round of the playoffs, only to lose to what I call the best 3A team I’ve ever seen, CC. Last years game came down to a pick inside Weddington’s own 20, a fumble returned about 10 yards for a TD, and a late garbage TD on the only time CC drove the hall down the field. Weddington is nowhere near Sun Valley and was 4-0 against Howell. I can’t convince you, but when Weddington does, I won’t have to. Then we will see who the hog is.

I seen Weddington play last year against Tabor and I seen them play in the championship game. I'm honestly shocked they got shut out by Charlotte Catholic last year.

Ouch!!!!

I seen Weddington play last year against Tabor and I seen them play in the championship game. I'm honestly shocked they got shut out by Charlotte Catholic last year.
It was by far the worst game Weddington played. They had 5 turnovers while CC had 1. Nether team could move the ball consistently. Weddington was playing their best ball at the end of last year. I really believe it will be different this year, but we’ll see

All time record is 7-2 CC I think. Weddington’s first ever game was a loss to Catholic. Last W was in 2003. So it hasn’t been 15 years. It’s 16.

Last edited:
It was by far the worst game Weddington played. They had 5 turnovers while CC had 1. Nether team could move the ball consistently. Weddington was playing their best ball at the end of last year. I really believe it will be different this year, but we’ll see
It was your worst game played because you were ransacked by our defense the entire game. They had five turnovers because you were ransacked by our defense the entire game. 20-0 is laughing stock football. You played consistently all year just not the Catholic game when you didn’t have the moxie to reach in deep enough and got SHUT DOWN like an adult bookstore next to a daycare. That’s what happened and it’s the only thing that happened.

Don’t try tap dancing your way out of a blowout loss you thought you’d win by three td’s with fish stories and lies. There’s a reason Weddington doesn’t beat Catholic. Catholic is better. Get it right or get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
The 2017 team lost 22 seniors and only had 4 returning starters back. They certainly overachieved that year going 10-4 and reaching the third round of the playoffs, only to lose to what I call the best 3A team I’ve ever seen, CC. Last years game came down to a pick inside Weddington’s own 20, a fumble returned about 10 yards for a TD, and a late garbage TD on the only time CC drove the hall down the field. Weddington is nowhere near Sun Valley and was 4-0 against Howell. I can’t convince you, but when Weddington does, I won’t have to. Then we will see who the hog is.
No you can’t convince me because Weddington is the hog NOW snorting in the slop while we’re makin’ the bacon. We rip you in playoffs, we rip you in regular season. Weddington is owned by Catholic and it’s almost time for another serving of pulled pork.

Every team loses seniors. Weddington doesn’t have the exclusive on that and whatever happened last season wasn’t garbage. It was a better football program stomping one that thought IT was better and you’re on the fast track for another smackdown this time.

It was your worst game played because you were ransacked by our defense they entire game. They had five turnovers because you were ransacked by our defense the entire game. 20-0 is laughing stock football. You played consistently all year just not the Catholic game when you didn’t have the moxie to reach in deep enough and got SHUT DOWN like an adult bookstore next to a daycare. That’s what happened and it’s the only thing that happened.

Don’t try tap dancing your way out of a blowout loss you thought you’d win by three td’s with fish stories and lies. There’s a reason Weddington doesn’t beat Catholic. Catholic is better. Get it right or get out.
You’re right. That defense had Weddington’s number that night. But for anyone to think they’d CC would lose to anyone in 3A is ridiculous. That’s the reason why they left 4A, because they got ripped by 3 TDs or more in the 4A playoffs. Yes, there was hope last year, but not arrogance like you show. And yes, right now CC owns Weddington. Just promise if and when Weddington wins this year, you’ll be just as gracious then as you are anal now.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but.... Catholic was in 4A for 4 years & won a State Title, was runner up once and reached the regional finals the other 2 years & not exactly getting ripped by 3 TDs or more. As a matter of fact, they lost by 5, 8, & 11 in the playoffs. The only times they lost regular season games by that kind of margin was 2013 to Mallard Creek & Rock Hill Northwestern. 54-7 record in those 4 years.

That’s because you don’t know what you’re doing.
You’re a real Christian and a genius.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but.... Catholic was in 4A for 4 years & won a State Title, was runner up once and reached the regional finals the other 2 years & not exactly getting ripped by 3 TDs or more. As a matter of fact, they lost by 5, 8, & 11 in the playoffs. The only times they lost regular season games by that kind of margin was 2013 to Mallard Creek & Rock Hill Northwestern. 54-7 record in those 4 years.
Thanks for the clarity, Mr. Dogless

You are quite welcome Mr Factless.

No need to get all bunched up when your argument is picked apart. Facts are facts. Emotion is emotion and disagreement is ok.

At the risk of drawing the wrath of Footsoldier, I think CC could be vulnerable this year. However, I have thought that before and they just keep reloading & winning. I have to respect that they have been to more consecutive regional finals than some conferences have ever been part of. I also don’t remember the last time they lost a conference game. Somebody is going to have to prove it to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Gold22
You are quite welcome Mr Factless.

No need to get all bunched up when your argument is picked apart. Facts are facts. Emotion is emotion and disagreement is ok.

At the risk of drawing the wrath of Footsoldier, I think CC could be vulnerable this year. However, I have thought that before and they just keep reloading & winning. I have to respect that they have been to consecutive regional finals than some conferences have ever been part of. I also don’t remember the last time they lost a conference game. Somebody is going to have to prove it to me.
They are a great program for sure. And yes, until someone beats them, Footsoldier has bragging rights

2014 Mallard Creek by 20 I believe.

Reactions: ConnerP
2014 Mallard Creek by 20 I believe.

We had them shutout in the first half of the title game in 2014. I believe they had negative yards on offense but came out and hit us in the mouth in the second half. Their coaching staff is underrated in regards to making adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT