ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 - Grimsley versus Catholic

I'm not picking Grimsley or pulling for them, but I do think they can win this one. If I were in attendance, I would 100% sit on the Catholic side. I know the whole Charlotte vs Greensboro rivalry has been a thing for many many years, but this is Grimsley we are talking about. I just can't do it here. Also, I could see Dudley fans not really wanting to pull for them either, based on past transgressions. It is what it is. I feel like Grimsley is on their own a lot in a match up like this, Page and Dudley are in the same boat.
I respect the honesty 😆

I'm gonna bet you ain't originally from Greensboro, and/or you're rather young in years, because if you were rather long in the tooth, you'd know damn well to pull for the Greensboro squad. Greensboro vs. Charlotte athletic events has been a decades long rivalry, whether the Queen City crowd will admit to it, but it certainly is a rivalry. I wonder who Mister Pirate is pullin' for in this particular event.
P.S. Best of luck to the Dudley Panthers over South Point.
If so, sir, will you be present at this Greensboro squad event?

• Haha
Reactions: PagePirates44
If Grimsley scores more than 28 they will win
One thing about those Whirlies I love their offense! One weak spot is they start out real slow. I've watched them a couple of times and also hear this about the games they have to ramp up and it kick into overdrive and blowout teams. Let me tell you if they start out slow against Catholic ???! You'll notice the time just fades away and you're down 7 and it's 3rd Qtr and you go to the concessions stands it's now 4tr 2:00 left and their driving the ball and you're praying to make a stop ..my bad I'm reliving some stuff🤣

That is true, now that I think back a bit harder, Blackwell was able to get big chunks off the edges against Grimsley in the 2nd half.

SE ran for over a buck
I’m not saying they did or didn’t run on them but stats don’t always give context to how it happened. Majority of it could’ve came from one long run or in garage time but I did see page have success when it mattered.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Grass fields will be pretty saturated on Saturday after 1-4 inches of rain (which ever forecast you see/believe). I think playing on a mostly dry surface to start and then rain happening while playing is what most are thinking

just my thoughts
I will say Grimsley drain system is the best in the city so hopefully you don't get standing water and divits

Grass fields will be pretty saturated on Saturday after 1-4 inches of rain (which ever forecast you see/believe). I think playing on a mostly dry surface to start and then rain happening while playing is what most are thinking

just my thoughts
Yes, the grass fields are the ones to be most concerned about. The games being played on turf won't be as much of a problem. The drainage systems on those are so good.

I take it that the rain favors catholic? Game still on for Friday right?

I meen it's been like 100 percent chance of rain predicted for 3 days why wait till game day to change it?

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I meen it's been like 100 percent chance of rain predicted for 3 days why wait till game day to change it?
NCSHAA policy. You can move forward by mutual agreement but their policy on postponements is that they must be made on official game day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
From what I seen this morning that area and the eastern part of the state is suppose to be worse tonight than the western part of the state.

So what's your pickin' record now, something like 1-46 ? There may be a crowd in Charlotte that can beat Grimsley, but I don't think Catholic will be victorious in this particular event. Much respect to Charlotte Catholic and they're good, but Grimsley is real good.. By how many more points do you think Charlotte Catholic will score over Greensboro Grimsley ?
P.S. What kind of wine do you consume ? If you'd prefer not to answer, I can dig it.
P.S.S. I hope Foot Soldier shows up on this thread. What a funny, although at times infinitely obnoxious, dude.
Haven’t seen footsoldier on here in a good while. He texted me after the win Friday though, great guy.

Its Catholic’s turn to represent the SW4A conference. Good to see the southern part of Charlotte becoming more competitive again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT